From: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 223
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 8:36 AM

1. Re: flat tires - warning and question
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

2. Re: Part 2 flat tires - warning and question
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

3. Re: Re: Cleaning an Starting
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: The real cost of a Delorean
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Re: tires
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: engine swap
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

7. Re: fuel enrichment
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

8. RE: Hot Start Problem
From: Gregory M Scalia <gmscalia_at_dml_gil.com.au>

9. Re: Voltage problem on other car
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:21:40 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: flat tires - warning and question

Dan.,

There is another storage area for a flat tire: under the sunshade placed on top of the engine cover. A rope, bungie, or any type of tie down will keep the tire secure until you reach home.

The deflated spare is extremely common. In the 15 years of servicing the DeLorean I have never serviced one that had the specified 60 lb. pressure. As a matter of fact the spare will usually lose most of its air within a week after filling. We recommend that owners forget the spare and just carry a can of Fix-A-Flat. If you have to use the spare pressurize it with a portable compressor before use. If you don't have a compressor just fill the tire with Fix-A-Flat.

We strongly recommend that you maintain a AAA or similar road service membership to avoid any of the above.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:30:26 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Part 2 flat tires - warning and question

Part 2

You should never have a DeLorean towed; standard towing could damage fascia's and adjoining panels and fenders. Always specify a flatbed !

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:34:45 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Cleaning an Starting

The starter solenoid modification is Service Bulletin ST-05-2/82.

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:42:06 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: The real cost of a Delorean

Just do what I do: when people ask me how much my DeLorean costs I just tall them "a hundred thousand dollars" that satisfies most. Keep in mind that the average person considers the DeLorean in the same class as the Lamborghini so the 100k sounds right.

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:51:25 EDT
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: tires

In a message dated 9/18/00 5:56:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com writes:

<< Hi,
   The DeLorean I am about to buy has 6,700 miles and still has the original
tires. I am sure they need replacing. Can anyone recommend a good tire? My
town only has a Firestone and a Goodyear dealers. I would like to know
prices, and what size of tires I need. I tried to look up this info on the
DMC News site, but my computer said the page couldn't be shown. Thank you for
your help-
 Louie Golden (nc)
 #6827 (hopefully!) >>

Go to www.tirerack.com and get the Yokohama AVS Intermediate.  You cant get a
better set or a better price than there.  Hope this helps

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:24:50 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: engine swap

Saw an ad for a DeLorean that someone was selling that had a rotary
installed. Don't know who got it or how it performed. I think the ad
was in Hemmings, but this was a long while ago. But if one person has
done it, it's obviously possible.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, "Dusty Hurliman" <hurlimad_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried to put a Mazda RX-7 Rotary engine in a
Delorean?  I love the power these motors make, and I think it would
be cool do have a Delorean with that kind of power.

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:29:54 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: fuel enrichment

Pull the plug that connects to the freqency valve and check the
connections there. Someone had unplugged the FV on my car, but they
pulled by the wire, not the boot. Long story short: The wires had
been pulled up into the socket. Check the plug and push the wires
back in if nessisarry.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, Delorean17_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Hello List,
>     My car hasnt been running in about a month because my ECU went
bad.  I
> just got a new one today and now I have run into another problem.
The fuel

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:47:59 +1000
From: Gregory M Scalia <gmscalia_at_dml_gil.com.au>
Subject: RE: Hot Start Problem

I had this.  To the point where I would flatten the battery.  Eventually a wise old Volvo mechanic told me that this was a problem with the leaking injectors.  We replaced all these and the problem is a lot better...although not perfect.

----------
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:04:54 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Voltage problem on other car

Joe Palatinus wrote:

> Great, now my other D' is giving me a voltage problem.  [SNIP] I can drive
> around, and the voltage stays where it is suposed to be, but if I turn it
> off and on again, the voltage goes down to almost nothing, whats my problem?

Where did you measure the voltage?  Is this your dashboard reading?

Be aware that various probolms, most notably bad grounds, can cause the actual
voltage to be different in different parts of the car.  Check your grounds, as
described in the DML Back Issues.  You may find that voltage from your
alternator in an other parts of your car is just fine.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years