From: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 38
Date: Saturday, May 06, 2000 2:25 AM

From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com

From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com

From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_mobis.com>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

From: Cliff Andrews <fen2k_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

From: "Dave Price" <davep_at_dml_stprint.com>

From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>

13. Re: Re: Historic Blunders
From: Dee Moats <Dee-Moats_at_dml_excite.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 02:56:04 EDT
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Historic Blunders

heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net writes:

<< I'm sure I'm missing something here..

 Assuming the British Gov't destroyed the original dies used to
 stamp the body panels, why can't some enterprising person take an
 existing LF fender (for example), make a new die from that, and get a
 few hundred fenders produced?  Are the starup costs just too great?
 Are there legal issues with copying the design?  Obviously, there is
 enough demand.  Has this been tried before?

One thing I was wondering.  I thought the only items actually processed at
the factory were the fiberglass underbodies and that items such as the
stainless steel panels were made elsewhere.  If this is the case how did the
British Government get the dies for the body panels?

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 03:23:25 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Nose bra updated info

Is older better?  Not in this case.  Speaking to the manufacturer today, I
learned that the limited re-issued De Lorean custom nose bra will be made of
a heavier vinyl than the original, with thicker, more plush backing.  Even
the old one I have is really heavy. I thought it came with a storage bag
included in the price, because my used one did, but it turns out they're 7.50
extra.  I'll contact those who've ordered to see if they want them or not.
And another plus, it comes with an Owners Manual, which mine did not.  :)  A
good addition if you're as finicky as me.  I always put my key in VERY
carefully so I don't mar my keyhole.   I'll take orders until midnight this
Saturday, May 6th.  I want to get this order right out because turnaround
time will probably be a month.

These are full-size, one piece, covering the entire front fascia except, of
course,  lights and air dam.  The bra is held on in twelve places, so it does
not move anywhere.  Smooth on top, no "bug flaps."  Embossed "De Lorean" in
front.

 I have a picture of my original on vin 11174 if you'd like to see it. Just
click on this link: <A
HREF="http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/nosebra.JPG">http://www.egroups.com
/files/dmcnews/nosebra</A><A
HREF="http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/nosebra.JPG">.JPG</A>  It looks
great, doesn't it?  So does my D!  :)  The cost is $149.95 plus actual
shipping.  Storage bag, $7.50 extra.  If we do a re-order at some future
date, the price will definitely be higher.  If you can't make up your mind...
why not go ahead and order it?  You can always sell it on eBay  I can take
credit cards through my business... Visa, Mastercard, American Express.
Please e-mail me or phone immediately at 1-800-833-3920 or
deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com.  Ask for me.

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"
VIN...11174

Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 07:54:44 -0400
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

Is the demand that great??

For the past 6 years, I have always heard that there were less than 10
left front fenders remaining. With that as a starting point, there are
only a few conclusions that can be made:

1.  There is a very low demand for left front fenders
2.  There are more than 10 left, and this is just a way to demand high
prices for them.
3.  There are enough part's cars around to satisfy the demand.

Either way, as long as the cost of a factory fender is less than or
equal to the cost of making a new one, there will be no need to make new
ones.

<SNIP>

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:43:50 EDT
From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: "We have Separation"

Nick,

    Happy separation. Well done!  I am planning on doing the same thing down
the road with my 82. I would greatly appreciate a step by step w/ pictures
narration of how you did this. Did you have to disconnect may wires and
cables. I was told there were 10 bolts holding it down. Where are they all
located. Good luck on the rest of the project.

Bill #11596

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 07:33:53 -0700
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_mobis.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean on flatbed

Erik,

If you look under the frame further, you'll see two 'eyes' you can hook a
chain to.  There is a set in the front and in the back so they can secure it
tightly.

Hope this helps,

Duke

Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:20:03 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Erik,

There are "tie down" hooks welded to each corner if the frame. These hooks
are designed specifically for the purpose you have indicated. Be aware that
the front hooks can break if too much force is applied to them.

"We're here to help you"
DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>