From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 10:17 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 106

1. Re: Celebrity DeLorean owners...
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

2. RE: PRV6 Variations
From: "Heywood, Nick" <nheywood_at_dml_acxiom.com.au>

3. Re: Think you got everything?
From: "Ohlin" <ozone_at_dml_gte.net>

4. Re: Think you got everything?
From: "Ohlin" <ozone_at_dml_gte.net>

5. Re: Painted panels
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

6. Brake Booster
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:54:35 EDT
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Celebrity DeLorean owners...

List,

      A while ago,  while in a doctors office waiting room, i was reading a
Peoples magazine, and one of the featured stories in the magazine was "The
10th Anniversary since the movie Dirty Dancing"  And there was a picture of
Patrick Swayze, and underneath it it had a caption that said something like
"When asked what the best thing that happened to him since the movie Dirty
Dancing Patrick Swayze says getting a De Lorean"  So I am sure that he still
owns it.  Appears to me that he loves his and won't want to sell it.  Wanna
try to get him to go to Memphis in 2002?  I hear a challenge coming along
Ken, what do ya say?

Later,
Nick

Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:10:50 +1000
From: "Heywood, Nick" <nheywood_at_dml_acxiom.com.au>
Subject: RE: PRV6 Variations

Not wanting to scare anyone into trying, but there is also a Venturi model
which uses the PRV6 to devastating effect by using twin blowers to hit
around 400bhp in race trim... 330bhp for the road.... now THAT'S power!

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:55:08 -0700
From: "Ohlin" <ozone_at_dml_gte.net>
Subject: Re: Think you got everything?

I used the same nice shade of grey about 6 years ago when I redid my bath (I
just couldn't resist.) Of course, I cut out the panel of the box when I was
done and added it to my collection of DMC stuff. Certainly one of the more
bizarre pieces I have. I hadn't looked for it lately, so it's good to see
it's still available. Even after all of these years, it still looks great!

Russ

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:33:45 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Painted panels

That was the Ditzler one, I didn't find the Sherwin Williams one
until Monday at the warehouse.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:43:22 -0400
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: Brake Booster

I was wanting to test how my brake booster was operating, but I am unsure as to what values to test it.  What I mean is, what should the gauged value of the vacuum be with the engine running?  If I pulled a vacuum on the booster (I have a tool to do this), what should I bring it to and how long should I expect to see it maintain that value?  What is the proper method to test the check valve operation?

If someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sean Howley
VIN#2345