From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 2:55 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 124

From: scottmueller<scottmueller_at_dml_al.freei.net>

From: "JDL" <jdl_at_dml_interax.com>

From: "yugoman" <mdrig_at_dml_email.msn.com>

From: Cliff Andrews <fen2k_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "James Teston" <orentha_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>

From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>

From: jcox4001_at_dml_aol.com

13. Everstart Maxx
From: jcox4001_at_dml_aol.com

14. New Nose Bras
From: "Tom Watkins watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net" <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

15. Exhaust studs
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

16. Re: Delco alternators
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

17. Used part needed for project... please help...
From: "Danrc30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: scottmueller<scottmueller_at_dml_al.freei.net>
Subject: re:Memphis Show 2002

I think that one of the day time events on Thursday or Friday should be held at St Judes.
It would give us a chance to get together and also give the kids rides around the parking
lot, or just let them look and answer there questions.  I'm sure that the local TV news
departments would give us some coverage.  In Mobile, CBS has a guaranteed good
news segment just for these types of events.

Great idea Mr Battles.

Scott Mueller
002981

Get 100% FREE Internet Access from Freei.Net.  100% FREE, 100% Anonymous, 100% Jam Packed with features.  Check us out at http://www.freei.net.

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:25:08 -0400
From: "JDL" <jdl_at_dml_interax.com>
Subject: Broken Angle Drive Repair

Network BlitzCan an Angle Drive be rebuilt or repaired?

J. David Levey
jdl_at_dml_interax.com

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:06:12 -0400
From: "yugoman" <mdrig_at_dml_email.msn.com>
Subject: North Carolina cars FS

From the Auto Trader,
1981 DeLorean, 6300 miles, grey leather interior, stainless exterior, EC,
auto, pw, pl, am-fm- cassette, all original, same owner, all records kept,
extra grey leather seats. $16,000. 336-672-5390 Asheboro
1981 DeLorean, dependable daily driver, black leather, automatic,
am-fm-cassette-cd, new Eagle GT4s, new belts, hoses, Fanzilla, metal header
bottle, drive anywhere, $17500 serious inquiries only! 336-852-6991.

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cliff Andrews <fen2k_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: coolent problem SOLVED

Thanks everyone for all the great and correct
having air in my coolent system. The problem as it
turned out was not that i had air in my system because
DmC-joe installed a overheat protector when my car was
geting some TLC from him.  What the problem was when i
pulled the pipe coming out of the water pump it
disconnected/loosened the connection to the theromstat
switch on the pipe.. i cleaned the contacts and
reattched the wires and everything is working
properly! AGain thanks eveyrone!

http://im.yahoo.com/

Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:47:12 -0000
From: "James Teston" <orentha_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Brakes giving me problems...

Hi,
Today I was fixing my speedometer, and when I took it out to test to
see whether or not it worked, the car was pulling real hard to the
right.
So when I got home, and got out of the car, there was a real strong
burning smell coming from the right front wheel.  The entire wheel
was VERY hot, I mean the whole wheel was very hot to the touch, even
the lug nuts.
So I took the wheel off and it appears that the brake is stuck,
because it's hard to turn the wheel at all, and it seems that it's
only the right front, because the left front turns just fine.
Also, the brake pedal feels weird, usually I have to push it in a
certain distance, and now it feels like I have to push it in less,
and it doesn't feel like normal...

Does anyone know why or how this would happen, it just seems like
more than conincidence that I had the left front whel off and I was
messing with the speedo cable and angle drive, and then all of the
sudden, the brakes are messed up ??
If it is the brakes like I think, (keep in mind that I'm not a
mechanic by any means)  how would I go about fixing it ?

Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks alot

James Teston 15314

Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:18:05 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Control Pressure Regulator

Reading the how-to for the Control Pressure Regulator, I found it
very informative and a possible solution for remeding the starting
issue with our D. But before performing the repair/test, I am a bit
concerned about something. When disconnecting the fuel lines, either
for testing or repairing, is there a risk of fire by reusing the same
washers/seals to reconnect the fuel lines? A thread a while back
described that the seals are soft enough that they are crushed when
the bolts are tightened to seat themselves properly. And that a
previously crushed washer may not seal properly causing a fuel leak,
and posing a fire hazard. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, I was
just curious if I should have new seals ready before I attempt the
repair.

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:30:43 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: Insurance

I was looking around on the net and came across this link for collector car
insurance.
It does have some stipulations, mileage can only be 2500 a year for example,
but the
quotes for coverage are dirt cheap. I know this question always comes up on
the list
so I thought I'd post a link.

http://www.americancollectorsins.com/policy-features.htm

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:44:08 -0400
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

Hold that thought!....

Sounds like a great Idea for Thursday or Friday.  Will put that in the
hopper of events.   It might be a good thing for local clubs to do
between now and 2002, no reason to wait.  There are lots of children's
hospitals & care facilities that could use the attention. There are big
kids too.

Richard

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 05:00:58 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

Dear DML,

    There are some interesting pictures of a BTTF DeLorean at Ken's new web
site for his event in Tennessee.

Sincerely,

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:49:35 -0400
From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Aftermarket wheels

List,
        I saw a post on eBay for aftermarket wheels for the DeLorean.
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=374741398&
r=0&t=0

Go check 'em out.  These look pretty cool on the car in the pictures.

Matthew

Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1904 10:53:06 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: Re: Facia Bolt Replacement

On the 97 D, the front fascia retainer nuts had rotted out.  We replaced with 5
mm nuts and then epoxied these in  place.  the epoxy we used was the two part J
B weld.  So far after 2 years the studs have held just fine.

Bob

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:09:36 EDT
From: jcox4001_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Memphis show

Fellow DML'ers,

I love Bruce's idea on getting something going for the kids at St. Jude, but
there is another hospital here as well, LeBonheur Children's hospital.  I am
a Wal-Mart District Manager, and we are the largest corporate sponsor of the
"Children's Miracle Network", and I have solid ties with the CMN folks, and
it will be no problem to get this done.

I will offer my services to tackle anything needed to make this sucessful
here in Memphis.  I'm not sure who to contact, but you know who you are, so
please contact me!

Memphis is undergoing a tremendous renaissance, and by 2002, you will not
even recognize the place!  Yall talk to me, How can I help?

Jeff Cox
JCox4001_at_dml_aol.com
901-853-8341

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:13:53 EDT
From: jcox4001_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Everstart Maxx

DML'ers,

The Everstart Maxx I spoke of last week is hitting the stores (Wal-Mart) now.
 Just wanted to let you know.

Jeff

Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 23:59:51 -0000
From: "Tom Watkins watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net" <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: New Nose Bras

Hi List,

Just wanted to write and say a big thanks to Wayne Ernst for his
efforts in getting new nose bras made for our cars.  I got mine
yesterday and put it on right away...It looks GREAT!

If you have been thinking about getting one, I would not hesitate.
It
is a really excellent quality item that is far better than I
expected.
 It even has "DELOREAN" embossed stamped right into the front in the
same style letters as the rear bumper.

Tom

Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:15:33 -0400
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: Exhaust studs

I am taking my car to a long time Volvo service shop here in Portland
Maine for exhaust gasket replacement to the drivers side.

In looking at the car it was noticed that the exhaust port closest to
the drivers back (not the rear bumper) has a stud missing on the top.
There are 2 studs to each port and the one on top is probably broken.
The shop is concerned that there isn't enough room to get  a tap in
there to get this stud out and has suggested that perhaps a way to do it
would be to make a small hole in the rear frame tower so that there
would be a straight shot to get this stud out.   I'd prefer not to make
a hole in the frame.   Is there a preferred way to get at the studs that
are in these tighter areas?  Any specific tools and attachements that
work better on our cars that I can pass on to them?

This is a real top notch Volvo repair facility and they are very open to
any suggestions.  I told them I would inquire as to any methods that
have been used.

The day I went there to have them check out my car, I drove in and there
sat another De Lorean!!  There were quite a few double takes as I drove
in.  One car is unusual in Maine but two is rare.  They took pictures of
the cars together.  I had already been in touch with the owner of this
car and he had told me about this repair place.

If anyone is in the Maine/New England area and has a problem with there
car call "Alan Auto" on St. John's street in Portland Maine.

Tom
vin #05732

Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:43:36 -0800
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Re: Delco alternators

Marc - the Delco alternator I noted fits a '73-'74 Pontiac Grand Am, LeMans,
some Firebirds, and Cad Fleetwood around 1980.  It is rated around 104 amps,
but that seems to vary somewhat depending on who you get it from.  I picked
it out of a NAPA catalog that showed its physical dimensions as well as
rating.  That's why I noted the Beck-Arnley number, as it should be
available most anywhere.

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 22:32:18 -0400
From: "Danrc30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Used part needed for project... please help...

I'd like to get a set of headlight bracket assemblies. All I need are the brackets, and the buckets that the lights sit in. I don't want new because I'm doing something experimental to them and I don't want to hack up a new set. This project may or may not work, so if someone has a set in fair to decent condition, please contact me. I don't want to spend a lot of money on these because this is an experiment and it may not even work. If it does work, I'll make my achievement known. The first person who I will inform will be the person who supplied me with the parts I need. If it doesn't work, this topic and project will fade away........ So if you can help me, please e-mail me privately. Thank you very much.

---Dan    Danrc30"AT"hotmail.com