From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 2:43 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 135

1. Re: Fanzilla
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

2. The Fan Fix
From: "John Hervey" <dherv10_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: Questions on Zilla's
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

4. xtra-wide Sport stripes
From: nskalsky_at_dml_remc4.k12.mi.us

5. Re: Warm-up circuit
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

6. Re: DOOR GUIDES
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

7. 82' hood repair
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>

8. SuperCar Sunday
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

9. Re: no start problem
From: "John Hervey" <dherv10_at_dml_aol.com>

10. RE: Presenting Americas Most talked about Car...DeLorean
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_ig2.net>

11. Re: xtra-wide Sport stripes
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

12. Re: Questions on Zilla's
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

13. Re: Headlight bracket assembly still needed...
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>

14. Re: xtra-wide Sport stripes
From: "Steve Pattison" <stevep1_at_dml_home.com>

15. Help!!! (Insurance)
From: "2Lt Nathan E. Green" <gzen21_at_dml_excite.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:50:08 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Fanzilla

LEAVE THE RED WIRE DISCINNECTED!

You have discovered the number one cause of burnt out door lock solenoids.
Go to this link http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/3755/doorlock.html
for a complete explanation of the problem that you just experienced.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>
.

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:36:59 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <dherv10_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: The Fan Fix

Group,
Look at the new listing on DML for the new: The Fan Fix, It's a new
solid state relay. Goto www.dmcnews.com and go to buy and sell
parts.I will be working on a web site to view parts in the future.
Thanks John

Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:14:34 EDT
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Questions on Zilla's

I do not believe my D has any of the Zilla's.    I am not a car expert.  How
difficult are they to install? What am I to pay for all the Zilla's?  Do I
need all the Zilla's?

Dave L.

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:20:50 -0000
From: nskalsky_at_dml_remc4.k12.mi.us
Subject: xtra-wide Sport stripes

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for all thier reply's,
your knownledge and experience have been Invaluable to me.  I was
wondering if the dealer installed wide stripes are removeable? how
were they installed? holes in the stainless panels? I think its a
unique look but I prefer the thin stripes.  This is in reference to a
delorean I'm currently looking at.  Thanks in advance!!

                  - Nate Skalsky, MI D-prospector

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 00:05:23 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Warm-up circuit

Doug,

You either have a problem in your acceleration enrichment circuit or you
DeLorean needs a CO mix adjustment.

To test your fuel enrichment circuit do the following:
Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. Access the
engine compartment push the flap on the full throttle microswitch (parts
manual 2/3/0 #15).

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:35:44 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: DOOR GUIDES

Hank Breer said:

> Service Action SA-0005 states that there were 2 door latch
> guide kits: W300003 for cars up to VIN 1100 and W300004
> for cars after. (My car, VIN 1141 needed the W300004 kit to
> add the guides that were NOT installed by the factory)
> The SA implies (but does not specifically state) that cars
> up to VIN 3000 are affected.

Good advice, but it might even be more complicated than that.  My VIN 01280 also
had no door guides when I acquired it.  Jerry Rine, then technical expert at the
Kapac warehouse, told me that my car was made in a transitional time, when it was
difficult to tell which door guide I needed by referencing the VIN.  Jerry took
an educated guess for my car based on the VIN, but he guessed wrong.

Apparently the door design changed slightly somewhere around the time that VIN
1100 was made.  Based on my discussion with Jerry, I assume that for a brief
period new and old style doors were both moving down the assembly line at the
same time.

I can verify that the older door guides will fit on the newer door design, but
not very well.

I can also verify that I have seen early cars (pre 1100 VIN) which were equipped
with fewer than 4 door guides.  Perhaps there was some experimentation, or maybe
the guides were available individually instead of as kits, and some
owners/dealers tried to save some money.

There are still a few early cars out there that could benefit from door guides.
If you have one, I suggest that you seek out another DeLorean owner who is
willing to temporarily unscrew a door guide so you can hold it up to your door
and see if it would fit.  Make a note of how well it fit, then jot down the code
number on the back of that guide before calling your favorite DeLorean parts
supplier.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:28:39 -0000
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: 82' hood repair

Are hood repairable?  The hood I'm talking about wasn't wrinkled at
all, it just kind of warped.  I thought I heard that hoods are not
repairable, but I wanted to make sure.  It doesn't have the grooves,
its just flat.

thanks

Erik

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:12:28 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: SuperCar Sunday

Dear All,

Well done to Chris Parnham. We had a total of 19 cars at SuperCar
Sunday, and I think it's fair to say we stole the show :-)

Pictures on the website, follow the News link,

Best Wishes,

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:15:41 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <dherv10_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: no start problem

Cecil, If the starter turnes over properly, Your not experiencing a
low voltage problem but maybe a relay contact sticking problem. When
you connect the jumper cables, your surging the electrical system and
releasing the relay. You might also try the main relay ( Tap on it )
when the problem starts over again, this feeds the ignition resistors
and coil. If you don't know which is which, i can fax the info.
Several of the relays are interchangable and the car will start and
run without several of them. Example: You can take out the low, and
high beem relay's and swap with others in a pinch. You just need to
know which ones.
John

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:08:08 -0400
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_ig2.net>
Subject: RE: Presenting Americas Most talked about Car...DeLorean

Mike, please contact me offline regarding what you are looking for and
the  Sept. 23 & 24 British car show.

jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net <mailto:jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:58:00 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: xtra-wide Sport stripes

They are just vinyl strips glued on to the stainless - no holes.  I'm not
sure how removable they are, but I suppose any good solvent can remove the
stripes (which won't be re-attachable). They are also no longer available,
if you change your mind and want them back.  My D has them, which I didn't
like at first (and also thought about removing them), but then they grew on
me, and now I consider them to make my Delorean that much more unique than
all those other "naked" deloreans.

-Hank

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:05:48 -0400
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

See http://www.pjgrady.com/

They are easy to install, and come with good instructions.  If you still
have a problem, Rob will talk you through it over the phone.

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:16:49 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight bracket assembly still needed...

Sorry Dan,

I just been real busy.

You said you have 1/2 of the brackets.  Which one.

bob

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:01:41 -0700
From: "Steve Pattison" <stevep1_at_dml_home.com>

Nate,

I just installed the stripes on my car.  The are a "3M" product that sticks
to the stainless - like a decal but the material is thicker.

Steve Pattison
Vin 2528
San Diego

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: "2Lt Nathan E. Green" <gzen21_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Help!!! (Insurance)

Hi folks,
   I am new to this list and get right to the point. I am buying a 1982
Delorean on Friday. I am flying from St Louis to PA to pick it up. This is
my dream car...but I have a problem and I need your help.
   In order to get the loan money, I need comprehensive insurance. I cannot
find any. I have tried two companies and they turned me down(for comp
coverage) b/c it is a Delorean(Rare and old).
    PLEASE send me some info direct to gzen21_at_dml_excite.com. I need to get
insurance like tomorrow so I can get the check and get the car. I'm a little
on edge now b/c I might see "the dream" slip away. Please let me know what
company you folks use. Thanks so much.

P.S.--I will post more about myself and the journey later...Right now just
trying to get things set up. Please help. Thanks.

Nate

Nathan E. Green,2Lt,USAF
15OWS Lead Forecaster
Scott AFB, IL
gzen21_at_dml_excite.com

"The depth of your stuidity sometimes frightens me"

                   -Homicide:Life on the Street

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html