From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 2:31 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 153

1. Re: Re: Idle_Off-idle problem
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

2. Window Motor
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

3. Re: More Purchase Advice
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:54:51 -0400
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Idle_Off-idle problem

If the idle speed is 125 RPM too high or more than 50 RPM out of spec.
how is it corrected?  Where do you start looking?

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:03:26 -0400
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>
Subject: Window Motor

Most problems with the window lift mechanism seem to be the motors &
gears, mine is the nylon(?) elbow that connects the mounting frame and
the cable guide tube. I would like to know  if anyone has a passenger
side unit that they are about to trash and the elbow is still intact.
If so, please contact me.

Thanks,

Richard

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:08:50 EDT
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: More Purchase Advice

This kind of fits the category of my car.  I bought a car with what I felt
was a perfect interior and exterior (minus one tiny nick).  In any case the
car had 7500 miles.  But was all original.  I have updated just about every
electrical component with Zilla units, a Delco alternator and so on.  I also
updated other components such as the fuel pump, window motors, and more.  I
paid 16,000 for my car which I thought was a great deal.  It was recently
appraised by a Classic Car appraiser at 25,000 for my insurance.  Buying a
car with a perfect interior and exterior for a good price, and then having to
update it, is well worth the investment.  I look at it this way.  It would
cost me far more to buy a car with a sun damaged interior or in need of body
work.  Those parts will far exceed any cost needed to mechanically update an
"original" car.

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360

<< I have seen several "original" cars for sale.  I am speaking
 with someone now who says that all he's replaced on the car
 has been the tires and he's the second owner. My question is
 what updates would definitely need to be done to an "original"
 car?  Relays, hoses, alternator?  What else?  And approximately
 how much would it cost to do all these updates assuming I
 could do them myself?

 If I can get a car with a perfect exterior and interior,
 but no updates, how much should I pay?  $12,000?  $13,000?

 Thanks in advance,
 Bruce >>