From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 2:14 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 185

1. Re: Bricklin
From: illyana delorean <illyana_at_dml_azstarnet.com>

2. Re: Bricklin
From: "Fronzel Neekburm" <MIst_hunter1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. DeLorean/VW Corrado Similarities
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: [New Owner Here] Re: delorean pricing, first time driver
From: "Gabe W." <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>

5. DeLorean/Bricklin differences and "D" warranty
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:17:51 -0700
From: illyana delorean <illyana_at_dml_azstarnet.com>
Subject: Re: Bricklin

bricklins basically look like early 90's nissan 300zx cars with armor.
they're not as unique as deloreans, but are cheaper to repair and service
because i believe they were made with the same parts as some american cars.
they're neat, but deloreans are cooler.

illyana

Moderator's Note - This will end the Bricklin vs. DeLorean thread.
There is lots more comparison information in the archives.

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:53:13 GMT
From: "Fronzel Neekburm" <MIst_hunter1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Gabe, There is kinda one guy, his name excapes me right now, there is one
for sale in his neck of the woods, and he's intrested in it.
Here is a web site completely Bricklin, http://webus80.wang.com/BI/

Its good reading if your intrestrested in it. Other than Mike, ( Im 99% his
name is Mike, but I don't remember his last name or e-mail)I know of nobody
else. But there maybe somebody on the list I never heard of, if there is,
hey thats news to me.

One more thing, I'm going to Kansas City from the 1st and then leaving the
3rd. For those who can't find a calender, its on a weekend. I searched the
DeLorean Production Chronology, , I only found 10431 Marianne Marcussen,
Kansas, if you are reading this, drop me a line, so maybe we work something
out.If their is anybody else in Kansas (I realy dought it) I might of not
made it onto the list, e-mail me. John Giedosh aka Fronzel Neekburm

                         __      __
                           \____/
                           /____\
                           0    0
                          DeLorean

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:02:58 GMT
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean/VW Corrado Similarities

Hi list,

I thought this link may interest some of you. It's a Volkswagen Corrado
European sports car.

Look at the photos - interior and exterior - you can see lots of
similarities between this car and our beloved DeLorean.

Many people talk of the huge Giugiaro influence at VW. The Audi Quattro from
the 80s was another car from him that resembled the DeLorean after DeLorean
was out of business (esp. the front of the car).

The latest Volkswagen Giugiaro product now is the Corrado.

Maybe this would have been the DeLorean of the 90s? With gullwing doors of
course! Personally I think the Corrado resembles the Medusa, which DeLorean
had planned to be his 4-door DeLorean.

I will not start a new thread here ("DeLorean compared to other makes") but
I would like it if you will e-mail me privately on what you think of the
DeLorean/Corrado similarities. I may use your comments on a webpage Im
building where I compare the DeLorean to the Corrado.

GO TO: http://desmat.8m.com/my_corrado.html

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:35:52 -0700
From: "Gabe W." <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: Re: [New Owner Here] Re: delorean pricing, first time driver

It turns out there are plenty of 18 and under delorean drivers, hmm, I
wonder where the old original owners are lurking.

Moderator's Note - removed long copy...

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: DeLorean/Bricklin differences and "D" warranty

     Both cars have their pros and cons (I own one of each for almost 20
years now). The DeLorean has the benefit of a lot more design time, building
expertise, and money supporting the initial venture.  Both have some
extremely POOR inherent design flaws...DeLorean and Bricklin onwers already
know what I'm talking about.  I bought my DeLorean car NEW, and the
dealership refused ALL warranty work on my DeLorean...and this was before
the financial/coke problems even surfaced!  They told me they were 'burnt'
by the $25K set-up fee for the license to sell the DMC cars...at least this
is the story I was told as to why all DeLorean warranty work was for
customer payment only...you were responsible to go after DMC to recoup your
out of pocket expenses.  I believe some dealers were more 'proactive' to
their customers, but mine never was from day one that I bought my DMC.  The
benefit of NOT having the dealer pay for my repairs or recalls and other
serious problems was that I had to pay him (dealer) for that service.  I was
one of the five protected creditors that obtained ALL of my warranty work
dollars back (after 15+ years) from the receivership and have a lot of court
documents from the years.  Everyone else received 9%...including the British
government!  I figure I came out ahead, I named ALL the DMC
companies...apparently only 4 others did the same according to my
paperwork...plus I enjoyed all the documentation and now I'm one of the
lucky five!  I'm not planning to dispose of either car, both are unique and
different from the other.
Joe Fedeli

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html