From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 2:02 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 212

1. Re: DMC watches
From: "Gabe W." <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>

2. RE: DMC watches
From: "Jack & Virginia Stiefel" <stiefel_at_dml_minalco.com>

3. RE: Delorean Article
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>

4. Re: Clutch Replacement
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com

5. for-sale ad
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

6. Speeding ticket thread is dead
From: "Knut Grimsrud" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

7. Re: DMC watches
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com

8. DMC watch thread is dead
From: "Knut Grimsrud" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

9. Re: Delorean Article
From: "JDL" <jdl_at_dml_interax.com>

10. Re: the Kruse Auction in Auburn Indiana
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 20:47:52 -0700
From: "Gabe W." <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: Re: DMC watches

Hey guys!! 22 dollars is a good price. The delorean owners association
charges like 40 for a cheap watch. I'm definitely ordering. All we need is
14 more people!

Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:27:13 -0400
From: "Jack & Virginia Stiefel" <stiefel_at_dml_minalco.com>

$3,000.00 for a watch may be cheap depending on the quality.  I am not sure
of top quality  Japanese Citizen movement, but my Rolex was well over
3,000.00 and was worth every penny in my humble opinion.  I have seen
pictures of the watch, but have no idea what the movement is.

Just my 2 cents

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
DeLorean Vin # 03461 August 1981 Build
New York State Lic: 1981 DMC
Visit on the web at www.geocities.com/stiefel.geo/new

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 09:13:05 -0500
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: RE: Delorean Article

Yoda Soda wrote:

>>>list,
   I was reading this note, and "TWO CARS?!?!?!"
 someone explain....>>>

In reference to the GQ article, if you haven't gotten this issue
of GQ yet, GET IT!! It's the one with Brendan Frasier on the cover.
It is an excellent interview with John Delorean.
He goes into fairly good detail about future plans that he has
concerning the 2 future cars that he has on the drawing board.
Hats off to GQ for actually taking the time and effort to track down
John and have an actual face to face interview with him. Most other
magazines just rehash the same old information that we all already know
about John and his company in 1981-82.

Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:37:09 EDT
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Replacement

Its easy for others to spend your money and replace everything. I did that a
few years back. What was wrong was the slave cylinder. IT was rusted and
wouldn't disengage, Check it out first.
Ralph

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 09:55:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: for-sale ad

Ok, normally I wouldn't post classified ads here. I don't have a car to
sell (my car is mine. Mine I tell you! <queue manicial laughter>). But i
was mucking about at the hemmings website ('cause I have nothing better to
do with my time) and came across this ad:

DeLOREANS: matched pair, last 1981 and first 1982 off the line, both
5-spds, gray leather, never driven, still in plastic, signed parts
manuals, literature, entire package, $55,000 firm, will not part
out. FAX: 732-398-1497, NJ; captmuffet_at_dml_aol.com

And had to show it to people who would appreciate it, or I woulda
exploded. And I'd hate to leave my roommate with a mess like that to clean
up. I don't know if they're still available, 'cause hmn.com does a fairly
bad job of letting you know how old the ads are. You've been warned.

But damn.

Noah
VIN #2867

"I could pass Elvis through my colon right now!"
                                -- denis leary

Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 16:02:48 -0000
From: "Knut Grimsrud" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Speeding ticket thread is dead

MODERATOR'S NOTE: The speeding ticket thread is dead.

         Knut

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:02:27 EDT
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com

please give me info on watch ordering.........    thanx

  jay

Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 16:06:42 -0000
From: "Knut Grimsrud" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: DMC watch thread is dead

If you want to contact the fellow that has leads for obtaining
promotional watches, please do so direclty. Although there are a lot
of opinions on the DMC watch, there is very little new information on
this thread and it is now dead.

         Knut

Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 13:30:00 -0400
From: "JDL" <jdl_at_dml_interax.com>

Mr. DeLorean told me he actually did two GQ type interviews recently...one
for GQ the other I can't remember, Vanity Fair or other upscale magazine.
So look for another one in the next couple of months.

David Levey

Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:26:45 GMT
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: the Kruse Auction in Auburn Indiana

Well, I spent the week there... didn't see any DML'ers.  Saw 5 DMC's. Can't
remember one VIN, BUT if I do recall correctly I saw VIN 5060, 16800, 5669,
& 4100 (Polished-ugh-needed a fair bit of TLC. Asking price of $9900)
Drive Stainless    Robert VIN 6924

http://profiles.msn.com.