From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 7:50 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 239

1. Cooling Fan Problem
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

2. Service Locations in the Toronto Area
From: "ctanner" <chris.tanner_at_dml_webhelp.com>

3. Re: Driver side door
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: More from the strange headlight problem
From: "Don Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

5. Re: Hotstart Electrical problem
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Starting
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Headlight high/low beams
From: sharkywtrs_at_dml_aol.com

8. looking for member
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>

9. Re: MODERATOR NOTE: Moritz Holenstein's Tech Page
From: "Moritz Holenstein" <terminator2000_at_dml_bluewin.ch>

10. Re: Stereo question
From: "doctor who" <ohwrd_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Original Employees!
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

12. Door Lock Wiring Diagram
From: "Scot Stern" <SGSKBM_at_dml_aol.com>

13. Re: Cooling Fan Problem
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

14. DeLorean Time LLC in Newspaper
From: "Ryan McCaffrey" <ryanjm_at_dml_home.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:22:51 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Cooling Fan Problem

The cooling fan on the drivers side of my car is now refusing to turn
on. Passenger side works fine, and power is going to the drivers side
plug, but the fan still will not turn on. After driving the motor on
the fan that is working is warm, but the one that doesn't is cool. In
this situation is it possible to repair the fan, maybe even take it
to an electric motor shop or what not to get fixed?

-Robert
vin 6585 (fighting to keep my car on the road)

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:37:44 -0400
From: "ctanner" <chris.tanner_at_dml_webhelp.com>
Subject: Service Locations in the Toronto Area

Hi,
my name is Chris, and I'm planning to buy a Delorean in the next three-six
months. I expect that this mail list has been inundated with questions from
people who want to own Deloreans and ask the same questions regularly.
Hopefully this is a little more focused.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; this presents some challenges that the
typical Delorean owner may not face in the USA. We put a LOT of salt on our
roads in the winter, it gets pretty cold, and it snows (sometimes a lot). I
would like to know if there are any good garages that service Deloreans in
the Greater Toronto Area (owner preferences, etc), and what these cars are
like in the snow (I would think with it's weight balance it would be much
better than my current vehicle, a Mustang).

Also, from what I've gathered from reading the posts here for the last
while, any Delorean that is in good-great shape will require a few thousand
dollars worth of maintenance work annually to keep it a daily driver. I'm
wondering if there are some components of the Delorean that are particularly
vulnerable to being exposed to winter elements and the corrosives that go
along with that.

Thanks for your time...

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:50:26 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Driver side door

John,

Exchange the two struts to insure that the problem is not strut related. If
after the exchange you have the same symptoms you will need a torsion bar
adjustment.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:49:49 -0700
From: "Don Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: More from the strange headlight problem

In my experience with a dual element failure, I have always found a tiny
point of rock chip damage.  This is sometimes hard to see, but is large
enough for the required internal vacuum to become corrupted.  Without a good
vacuum the filaments fail instantly when energized.
Don  #1325

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:20:16 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Hotstart Electrical problem

Sounds to me that you have a coil breaking down. This not uncommon in all
kinds of cars. Naturally if you try to read the ohmage, by then it would have
cooled down and would read ok. If you need a coil, I have brand new Bosch in
stock or you might find them from your local parts store. You will see a
probably see a performance difference in the car. I normally replace them
when I get a car.

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:31:59 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Starting

Dmcjal, The only suggestions i have are, Do you have any vacuum leaks, and
have the injector seal been replaced. If not,  the rubber around them will be
as hard as a rock. Possible leak.

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:26:34 EDT
From: sharkywtrs_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Headlight high/low beams

More headlight problems!!  First things first, check the relay.  That was
what mine was.  It's the one on the bottom row closest to the fuse box.

Scott

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:44:08 -0000
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: looking for member

A gentleman e-mailed me yesterday asking about the panels I have for
sale.  I'm sorry, but I accidentaly deleted your e-mail address.
Could you please e-mail me again??  thank you

erik geerdink

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 06:46:18 -0000
From: "Moritz Holenstein" <terminator2000_at_dml_bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: MODERATOR NOTE: Moritz Holenstein's Tech Page

Dear DML
I am sorry if someone had any inconvenience with the download of the
Tech Tips Word file. I checked it myself and it works. Sometimes
spaces in the file name can cause problems with some browsers. As
possible solution I changed the file name to
"DeLoreanMotorCenterHandbook.doc". Please retry the download
(http://mypage.bluewin.ch/terminator2000/DeLorean/DeLorean.htm).
Regards
Moritz
Switzerland
#a DeLorean enthusiast

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_l...> wrote:
> We have gotten a flood of complaints about yesterday's post from
Moritz

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:25:28 GMT
From: "doctor who" <ohwrd_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stereo question

Not to endorse any company. But Crutchfield Catlouge Stereo supply is very
good at this. They will be able to reccomend several models that will fit
the alloted space.

ciao,
dr. c.

From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Stereo question
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:46:14 -0000

For those of you who have replaced your radio with a new one, and
DIDN'T have to cut and hack your radio bracket, could you e-mail me
which radio you purchased?  I know there is one from Kenwood, model
KRC-2007, but was wondering if there are any other ones that people
have tried. I checked the back issues and only found the Kenwood
model.  Thanks for your help

Erik Geerdink

http://profiles.msn.com.

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:37:09 EDT
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Original Employees!

In a message dated 29-Sep-00 2:23:14 PM GMT Daylight Time,
delorean502_at_dml_excite.com writes:

> Also, while I have
>  the ex-employees attention, do any of you have any personal photos of
>  the place when it was open....

There will be the largest gathering of former employees and former managers
since the factory closed at next years EUROFEST in celebration of the car's
20th birthday.
Hope you can all make it to Belfast (24th to 27th May 2001).

Robert Lamrock
Organiser EUROFEST 2001

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:46:27 -0000
From: "Scot Stern" <SGSKBM_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Door Lock Wiring Diagram

I have been waiting to install door lunchers until a kit can be
developed but I am afraid I amy die of old age first.  In the mean
time I have looked at Odyssey's offerings on their web sight and it
would appear that they might work well. (A lot of you have been
looking at Dakota Digital's dash products (same company) so I assume
that their products are good.)

Does anyone have any experience with these?  Does anyone have the
wiring diagram for the door look module for Lockzilla?  I have the
Lockzilla and I want to begin the process by adding the remote lock
unlock feature that is contained in the the remote openers offered by
Odyssey.

Lastly, I am aware of the new Lockzilla remote version but it seems
very expensive.  I have purchased all of the other Zilla products but
it seems like this one is rather expensive compared to other
commercially available products.  Any thoughts?

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:30:48 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Cooling Fan Problem

Robert,
 I am looking into rebuilding and or replacing the fan motors. Autually I'm
taking them off one of my cars this weekend. They should be rebuildable due
to the fact they are an electric motor with brushes. The problem is opening
them up and closing them again. Please keep me informed.

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:16:53 -0700
From: "Ryan McCaffrey" <ryanjm_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: DeLorean Time LLC in Newspaper

Hey everyone,

It looks like JZDís new project has caught some reporterís attention.  In
today (Saturdayís) edition of The Arizona Republic in the Wheels section,
thereís a blurb in the Auto Report column (which itself is comprised of
numerous blurbs) about DeLorean Time.  Here it is:

Headline:  Back to the future
Story:  ďThe memorable John Z. DeLorean, who built and marketed his own
stainless-steel, gull-wing sports car in the 1970ís, is back.  DeLorean Time
LLC, based in Nyack, N.Y., just opened its doors to design and custom
accessories, starting off with watches, sunglasses and eyeglass frames.  The
companyís goal is to produce two high-performance automobiles.Ē
<end>

Of course, the car was built in the 1980ís, but the article doesnít mention
that the watches are the only item available today.  Interesting
nonetheless.  Also, I donít know if this story would be picked up nationally
or not, as the column is compiled by Republic reporter Bob Golfen (
bob.golfen_at_dml_arizonarepublic.com <mailto:bob.golfen_at_dml_arizonarepublic.com>  for
any of you who want to comment to him), but it canít hurt to check your
newspaper.

Ryan McCaffrey