From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 2:57 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 263

1. Re: Power to the window motors
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Bleeding the clutch
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com

3. Ball joint boots
From: jus4sho_at_dml_aol.com

4. Anyone near Laughlin or Bullhead City? - View a DMC, make $50
From: "Ace Underhill" <luuke_at_dml_primenet.com>

5. DeLorean Research Paper
From: "ryan arsenault" <rybeth_at_dml_flash.net>

6. Online Chat with Stephen Wynne - TONIGHT!
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. Re: Bleeding the clutch
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

8. Financing help / information
From: azelin242_at_dml_hotmail.com

9. Re: Bleeding the clutch
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:07:26 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Power to the window motors

Jim, The window motors draw about 5 1/2 amps as they are going up and down.
When at the bottom or the top right before you take your finger off they draw
12 1/2 to 13 amps. You might get by with a 10 amp fuse, but if someone held
the window switch up or down to long, it would blow. Hense:protection.
Hope this helps

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:07:58 EDT
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Bleeding the clutch

Hello
Our DeLorean has a clutch problem, and it seems like we have to bleed the
valve. Where would this valve be?

Sorry for the lack of info.
John Feldman

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:57:23 EDT
From: jus4sho_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Ball joint boots

Does anyone know if you can purchase the upper and lower ball joint boots and
tie rod end boots without purchasing the joints themselves?  My joints are in
great shape, however disassembling the suspension for restoration always
tears the boots.  I checked DMC Houston's site but couldn't find part numbers
for the boots.

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.angelfire.com/md2/projectdelorean
(soon to be released: a new look for the project delorean site!)

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:01:17 -0500
From: "Ace Underhill" <luuke_at_dml_primenet.com>
Subject: Anyone near Laughlin or Bullhead City? - View a DMC, make $50

I hope someone on the trusty 'ol DML can help me with this one.
There is a DMC in Bullhead City, AZ that I need some pictures taken of and emailed to me ASAP.
I am willing to give whomever can do it within the next 10 days $50 for their troubles.
A couple interior and exterior shots as well as an engine shot.
Please contact me directly at aceu_at_dml_brilliantscreen.com (not the list) if you can do it.
Thanks, guys!

           -Ace Underhill-
Brilliant Screen Entertainment

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:14:38 -0000
From: "ryan arsenault" <rybeth_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: DeLorean Research Paper

Hello list,

I have to write a research paper for my junior english class. What
better thing to research than the history of the DeLorean Motor
Company? I am looking for a web site or sites that provide good,
accurate biographical info on this topic. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.

Ryan Arsenault

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:40:28 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Online Chat with Stephen Wynne - TONIGHT!

The online Q&A with Stephen Wynne, owner of De Lorean Motor
Company (Houston) is TONIGHT AT 7PM Central Time.. These sessions
give you the chance to talk and ask questions with one of the top technical
experts in the DeLorean community.

Date: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2000
Time: 7pm Central Time
Location: http://www.egroups.com/chat/usadmc

PLEASE NOTE! In order to have access to the chat room, you must be a
subscriber to the DE LOREAN MOTOR COMPANY NEWSLETTER - you can
subscribe using this link:

http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/usadmc?referer=1

Also, the latest version of Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer are
highly recommended!

See you there!

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:51:18 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding the clutch

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, BondAtomic_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Hello
> Our DeLorean has a clutch problem, and it seems like we have to
bleed the
> valve. Where would this valve be?

John

This is a PIA the first time you do it. I think it took me about an
hour, now I can do it in about 5 minutes. The fitting is on top of the
transmission bellhousing on the slave cylinder, essentially just
UNDER/behind the distributor. Once you've done it a few times you can
find it by feel.

I find the best thing to do is take the engine cover off the car,
then you can get your head back in there far enough to see it. It may
be buried under a bunch of hoses. I looks exactly like the fitting on
a brake wheel cylinder, but smaller. It points almost straight up.
There may be a rubber cap on it.

Crack it loose with a 7 MM deep socket on a ratchet, tighten it back
slightly, then put a piece of hose on it to route the fluid to a
container. Then use a 7 mm wrench to open and close the fitting as
you have someone pump the pedal just like bleeding the brakes. If you
spill any, (you will) be sure to hose off the area when you are done
or the fluid will eat the epoxy off the frame under the engine (yuck).

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:06:02 -0000
From: azelin242_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: Financing help / information

Hello list,
  I've just been turned down on yet another application for my
DeLorean purchase. The bank first said it was a 'high risk' vehicle,
then when I asked exactly what was required for them to finance the
car, they got rude with me, saying: "We don't finance DeLoreans"
That was the end of the matter.

  I've provided another bank with an application, the DMC insurance
letter, an inspection report on the vehicle I want to buy, a purchase
agreement, and photographs. I'm only asking for $9500, over 36
months, I'm putting down a sizeable downpayment, and putting another
vehicle up as security. I'm searching for a co-signer right now. (I'm
not asking anyone on the list to co-sign, that would be stupid) Just
in case they need one.

   I'm in the military, so I have a stable source of income for years
to come, I've got good, pre-established credit, and I've never been
late on, or missed a payment on any of my credit cards or other loans.
I just don't understand why this is so darned hard to do. It's not
like I'm asking for $20k. I'm asking for less than $10k.

   Does anyone know of any 'DeLorean friendly' finacial institutions?
Any help that anyone on the list can offer would be very much
appreciated.

                                 In desparation
                                        Luke

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:12:48 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Before you start to bleed the clutch, what exactly is the problem
that you're having with it? If when you shift gears and the tranny
grinds it could mean one of the following things: contaminated DOT 4,
air in the lines, plastic clutch line expanding, shift linkage needs
adujstment, or maybe something else. But if you do need to,
instructions can be found on page E:06:01 of the Workshop Manual. The
bleeder screw itself is located on the side of slave cylinder on the
passenger side of the car. A picture of it can be found on page 4:4:1
of the Parts Manual. Just be sure that you don't pour used brake
fluid that you bleed out back into the reservoir to fill the system
up. And of course make sure the engine has had time to cool down
since your hands will only be a few inches from the front exhaust
pipe and the engine block itself. Other then that it's a pretty
straight forward procedure.