From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2000 2:45 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 264

From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_netunlimited.net>

From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

From: "Sacha Prins" <sprins_at_dml_businessnet.net>

From: brownalizat_at_dml_exchange.uams.edu

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

10. Re: radiator fans / fan fail
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Fuel mixture too rich?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:46:55 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Financing help / information

I financed mine right through State Farm for far more than you did and it was
no problem.  All they asked was for a pic of the car every year and some
comparison quotes which I got out of Hemmings and DeLorean 1 site.

I think they like DeLoreans. They also have me in a special class of car but
I pay less for the DeLorean than my other cars.

Your problem may be the co-signer and not the car.  I take it you either are
young or do not have a sufficient income to support payment.

That is probably the problem.  Keep at it and someone will come through.

good luck

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:51:20 -0400
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_netunlimited.net>
Subject: Re: Ball joint boots

Steve,

P J Grady has the tie rod boots.  I'm not sure whether they have the upper and
lower ball joint boots though.

Bill Lane
vin 3635

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:48:13 EDT
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

Luke,

I financed my Delorean through  Marquette Bank in Cedar Rapids Iowa
I Live in Indianapolis.    There number is  1-319-286-1800.

I only put down $1,000 and  financed just over $12,000
Submitted the appication and in a few hours I was approved.

Hope this helps

Dave L.

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:08:26 +0200 (DST)
From: "Sacha Prins" <sprins_at_dml_businessnet.net>

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:06:02 -0000, azelin242_at_dml_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello list,
>   I've just been turned down on yet another application for my
> DeLorean purchase. The bank first said it was a 'high risk' vehicle,
> then when I asked exactly what was required for them to finance the
> car, they got rude with me, saying: "We don't finance DeLoreans"
> That was the end of the matter.

When they say 'high risk' it means that it's a high risk for -them-. A
bank is always looking for security when providing a loan. When you buy
a house your house is the security for them. With a new car ditto. When
something goes wrong (you cannot pay your dues anymore) they auction
the house/car. With an old, excentric car they will have a much harder
time doing that and getting their money back. Hence the denial of your
loan.

>    I'm in the military, so I have a stable source of income for years
> to come, I've got good, pre-established credit, and I've never been
> late on, or missed a payment on any of my credit cards or other loans.
> I just don't understand why this is so darned hard to do. It's not
> like I'm asking for $20k. I'm asking for less than $10k.

Maybe you can get a personal loan for that ammount (not a car
financing) at the same bank if your income is high and stable enough.
The most probable reason why the bank person told you they don't
finance DeLoreans is because they don't have a checkbox for a DMC12 on
the loan application form, hence no financing. The reason there is no
checkbox is the 'high risk' story.

Don't get me started on banks and other financial institutions. They
are a certified pain in the ass.

>    Does anyone know of any 'DeLorean friendly' finacial institutions?
> Any help that anyone on the list can offer would be very much
> appreciated.

Sorry, can't help you with that, I'm on another continent :)

Sacha

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:43:17 -0500
From: brownalizat_at_dml_exchange.uams.edu
Subject: Fuel mixture too rich?

Dear List,

We noticed that starting the car [cold morning] that there heavy fumes from
the exhaust, even with the garage door up.  Is this typical? Does the lambda
circut or relay need to be replaced?  Maybe the fuel mixture is too rich?

Thanks for anyone's input!

Aliza

VIN # 07003, 2 months

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:37:59 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel mixture too rich?

Aliza,

No; this is not a normal condition. Has this happened before or is it a new
event.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:53:49 EDT
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: Trans. fluid?...

Where does the trans. fluid go on a DeLorean?  Does it go where the dip-stick
goes?

And while I'm asking one stupid question, why not two: where do you add oil?
Do you have to remove the engine cover?

Thanks,

Richard

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:58:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: radiator fans / fan fail

Isn't the power to the fan fail module fused at 10 amps?  I'm not sure how
you drew 30 amps through it.

When I first got my d, the fan fail relay module was replaced with two fused
jumpers with 25 amp inline fuses.  This caught on fire the first time I
drove the car... Now I have dry chemical in my relay compartment. :P  I'd
suggest everyone make sure you're putting in reasonable sized fuses.  Better
to have to replace fuses than have a fire.  Trust me!

Jim 1537

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:15:53 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: radiator fans / fan fail

Jim,

The power feed to the fan fail module runs through the cooling fan circuit
breaker which is rated at 40 amps. Although it has been common practice over
the years to insert two inline fuses in place of the fan fail relay, they
are
not necessary because the circuit is already protected by the cooling
fan circuit breaker.

All of these unstable wiring and component modifications make the Fanzilla a
wise addition to any DeLorean electrical compartment.

"We're here to help you"

DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp_at_dml_att.net>

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:34:14 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Jim, If things are working properly and all connections are tight, both fans
will draw about 28 to 30 amps. This depends on how many miles are on the fan
motors. I took mine apart and rebuilt them, clean, oil, new brushes and they
now draw about 11-12 amps ea under full load. My new fan fail jumper is now
fused at 15 amps on ea leg and they just barely heat. That's what you want. I
try not to over fuse or you loose protection.  With 25 amps per leg, you
might as well wire them direct.

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:44:21 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Aliza, The Lambda unit, is told by the 02 sensor and the lambda sensor to run
richer till the 02 sensor heats up and the thermo switch opens. Takes about 2
1/2 minutes on the average. Then after it heats up the frequency valve will
alternate on and off as the 02 sensor tell the lambda to adjust it. ( Normal )
dherv10_at_dml_aol.com