From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2000 2:48 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 265

1. Re: Financing help / information
From: tmasterlc_at_dml_msn.com

2. Very weird problem
From: dmcdelorean2_at_dml_aol.com

3. Starting Problem
From: madmap70_at_dml_cs.com

4. Lighted Keys (Update)
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:24:48 -0000
From: tmasterlc_at_dml_msn.com
Subject: Re: Financing help / information

Try a Credit Union!  Much easier to deal with and better rates.  Some
offer a loan just for collectable/antiques vehicles and all they
require is an appraisal and of course a good credit history.

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:24:30 EDT
From: dmcdelorean2_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Very weird problem

Hello,

    Lets start off with what happened, I was on way to the grocery store in
my Delorean. Ok, I made a turn and went straight, all of a sudden I looked at
my rear view mirror and my car was smoking heavily in the rear. I immediately
pulled over and got out of the car. I don't know if it was coming from under
the car or the engine itself, but it was really smoking. I assumed the engine
got too hot, but the temp was only at half way. I waited until my car got
cooled off, and started it up again. I pulled into the grocery store parking
lot and all of a sudden my car wouldn't move, I pushed the gas, and nothing,
I kept pressing the gas, and nothing moved. Luckily I had enough momentum to
get in a parking spot. I waited for the engine to cool some more, after that
I started the engine again and tried to put the car in reverse and park
straight because I didnt park it right, I dropped it into reverse and it
started going (I have an automatic trans), when I pushed the gas, it would
go, I put it into drive to straighten and pushed the gas,...nothing happened,
its like I had it in neutral or something, I press the gas on drive and only
the RPMs go up. I tried putting it in "1" and "2" and nothing. I had to push
it into the spot, and I had my friend help me tow it back, (he has a truck).
Anyone know what happened?

Rahway, NJ

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 05:08:23 EDT
From: madmap70_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Starting Problem

This problem I have had recently is very odd.  I am wondering if this is the
start of something that will eventually go bad or fail.  I start my car last
week and drive it around just fine on Sat.  On Sun, it cranks but will not
start.  Usually if I let it sit for a day it will then start up ( I know--
strange).  However, this time it didn't start for over a week.  It just
cranked over but never started.  I've checked the obvious (fuel), fuses,
looked to see if the relays are still tight, etc. and it still didn't start.
Then just two days after doing all this and re-checking the above mentioned
items, I tried to start it again and after three attempts it started.

This behavior has me stumped as to what could be causing this to occur since
sometimes it starts just fine and just recently it wouldn't start at all.
Any thoughts?

Mark

Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:12:01 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Lighted Keys (Update)

I'm pleased to say that I was able to locate about a dozen lighted
keys for people in the past week. I also have some people that are
supposed to get back with me after they check for a key code under
their headliners.

If you don't know what I am talking about, read my original posting here:

http://www.egroups.com/message/dmcnews/12384

For security reasons, I won't list the VIN's for which I have key
codes (otherwise someone who knew where that car was via the DOD
could just call up and say it was their car and order a key for it),
but by cross-checking the publicly accessible VIN-list:

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf

and my list of VIN's, I identified fifty-seven (57) people/cars that
I have keys for who have not contacted me. If you haven't yet
contacted me, and your VIN is below 4200, drop me an email - who
knows, one of these 57 may be you.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas