From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 2:38 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 286

1. CAR SHOW JUDGING
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Fuel Injectors
From: "Chris C" <petleech_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Door Locks
From: "Joel Matos" <jmatos22_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: AOL Chat report...
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Automatic or Manual
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Fuel Injectors
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Dealer Sign
From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>

8. Another DMC chat option
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

9. Antenna Question
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

10. Re: Fuel Injectors (and a shining example)
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

11. "Spirit of Motoring" Concours
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

12. Re: Dashboard replacement
From: maurit_at_dml_ibm.net

13. RE: Antenna Question
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

14. RE: Antenna Question
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_email.msn.com>

15. Re: Re: Dashboard replacement
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 23:42:43 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: CAR SHOW JUDGING

I HAVE READ ALL OF THE CONCOURS RESPONSES AND WOULD LIKE TO JUST ADD THAT ONE
THING I WAS SURPRISED BY WAS THE INTENSENESS OF THE DAILY DRIVER CLASS
THE FIRST SHOW THE CARS WERE NOT VERY WELL PREPARED FOR A SHOW AS I HAD
FIGURED BEING DAILY DRIVERS AND THE SHOW REFLECTED THAT AND WE HAD SOME FUN.
BUT THE CARS WERE JUDGED FAIRLY INTENSE ALMOST TO A SHALL WE SAY AN
ABREVIATED CONCOURS LEVEL.

THE JUDGES I THINK WERE GOOD ENOUGH AND INTENSE ENOUGHT THAT FOR THE
CLEVELAND SHOW THE LEVEL OF CLEANLINESS AND DETAIL ON THE DAILY DRIVERS WAS
DRAMATICALLY BETTER.

AS A RESULT (AND BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT THE DELOREANS OWNERS ARE ASKING FOR
IT) I AM LOOKING AT MODIFYING THE CATAGORIES AND TRYING TO PRINT A LIST OF
RULES FOR THE DAILY DRIVERS

THE INTEREST BY THIS THREAD AND AT THE SHOW I THINK WARRENT IT.

I WILL  KEEP YOU ADVISED AS THINGS PROGRESS. THERE IS A GROUP OF OWNERS THAT
HAS VOLUNTEERED TO HELP

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

KEN
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">DELOREANCARSHOW.COM</A>

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 02:17:10 -0000
From: "Chris C" <petleech_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Fuel Injectors

Well, today I pulled out all of my injectors and did the test tube
test. It turns out that all of the injectors were spraying almost
exactly the same amount, within a fraction of a hair. However, when
examining each injector individually none had a good spray pattern.
Some would spray from the side, others yould spray about 4 little
streams, 1 of them when ran at low throttle would just drip quickly.
The car had been standing for a while before we got it and once we
obtained the car we did the necessary flushing of th fuel system. We
placed cleaners through the injectors multiple times and nothing
seemed to work. Is there any way to really clean these injectors
well, or should I just cough up the money for 6 new ones. My other
question is, where should I get these injectors from, who has the
best prices? My local volvo dealership wants about $50 per injector!!
Bap Geon wants $38, is there a cheaper place?

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 10:19:36 AST
From: "Joel Matos" <jmatos22_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Door Locks

Hi

I install a remote door lock unit in my D, the latch part NO problem, but
how i can make (connet) that the remote open the door lock.

  Please e-mail privadly

Joel Matos

http://profiles.msn.com.

Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:08:41 EST
From: aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: AOL Chat report...

There is alot of people who are still at work at 5:00 pm

Thanks

Dave L.

Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 20:54:07 GMT
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic or Manual

A Delorean with an automatic is like unto a Fleetwood with a 4-Speed..
Drive Stainless  Robert  VIN 6924

http://profiles.msn.com.

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:27:48 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injectors

Find either a volvo dealer or a Delorean vender with an injecter
tester. With it the injecters can be cleaned and tested. It is
possible you may still have to replace some or all of them if they
can't be cleaned enough, there is no way to disassemble them.

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:11:37 -0200
From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>
Subject: Dealer Sign

It seems to me that someone had posted a note on the DML a while back about wanting a lighted dealer sign. There is one on e-bay right now, and the opening bid is $1,000. Later-
Louie Golden

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 11:57:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: Another DMC chat option

Guys,

I haven't been following the AOL chat thread that closely, but there's
another chat option that would allow all of us to partake.

IRC is Internet Relay Chat. All you have to do is download a program
called mIRC (www.mirc.com) to be able to access IRC servers. Once
connected to a server, you join "channels" which are the same as chat
rooms. Anyone can create one, and there is no limit to the number of
people who can join (unless a channel operator sets a limit).

I've been on IRC for close to 4 years, and would be able to get a bot set
up to administer the channel. Also, if you're a Mac user, there are a few
different IRC programs, but I can't remember the names. Just do a quick
search on Yahoo. And for any UNIX users, there's BitchX (which is what I
use).

I just created #delorean (read as: channel delorean) and 2 people have
just joined. If you're already on IRC, I'm using EFnet servers. If anyone
on the list decides to use IRC as a means to chat delorean stuff, my
nickname on EFnet IRC is MHC. See you there!

Feel free to email me directly if you have any IRC questions.

-Christian

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 15:01:56 -0500
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: Antenna Question

As you all know the power antenna always goes up when the radio is
turned on.  With my aftermarket receiver and a 12 disc CD changer I find
that I listen to it more than the radio.  What I would like to do is to
put in a manual override switch for the antenna so that it doesn't go up
(or down) when I just want to listen to CD's  BUT if the switch is in
the on position the antenna will function normally.  Is this as simple
as putting in a switch in the blue antenna power line from the radio?  I
was thinking of putting a switch in place of one of the dummy switches.
I think that the car looks better with the antenna down and if I'm just
listening to the CD I don't need the antenna, this would also save the
antenna from un-needed wear.

Will a on/off switch make the antenna stay down if the radio is "on" and
then if I decide to listen to the radio, will flipping the switch to
"on" make the antenna go up?

Tom
#005732 MT

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 16:22:29 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injectors (and a shining example)

De Lorean Motor Company (and I imagine the rest of the vendors) sell
the fuel injectors for $31.25 each.

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/BuyNow.asp?PartID=910&Qty=1

You can even use the handy link above to order them - :-)  This is a
great example of a part that is the same price or LESS than what you
can buy it elsewhere.

We always replace the injectors on our refurbished cars, and
generally recommend them with a 30,000 mile service as all the cars
can use them.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:52:58 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: "Spirit of Motoring" Concours

This from the current issue of Sport Car International...

Stirling Moss Behind New Concours
Racing great Sir Stirling Moss is one of the driving forces behind a
new English concours. To be held in Birmingham during the
International Sports Car Show next April 28-29, the event is being
backed by Stirling Finish, an organization of which Moss is part
owner.

The plans are ambitious. Open to ALL makes and models of cars, the
field will be composed of 1000 entries. They will  compete is five
classes: pre-war, classic cars (over 25-years old), sports cars
(under 25-years old), race and rally cars, and Fun cars, which is an
anything goes category.

Further information and entry forms can be obtained by calling
011-44-121-767-2412.

-------------------------

Be interesting to see a DeLorean or two in this event - any DOC (UK)
members interested?

James

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:58:45 -0000
From: maurit_at_dml_ibm.net
Subject: Re: Dashboard replacement

Speaking of dashes,  www.justdashes.com offers dash restorations.  The
online price list shows the following information under Delorean:
Dash: $480, Binnacle: $280, Glove Door: $120.

You obviously have to send the dash to them, although if the dash is
not cracked, they sell an at-home paint kit.  They still recommend
that the dash is removed to provide the best results.

It's tempting, but I was wondering if anyone out there has used these
people before?

Mauri T.
Austin, TX

Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:41:06 -0800
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: RE: Antenna Question

Some radios, like those from Sony, do not activate the antenna unless the
radio functions are selected. You can also hide a cutoff switch under the
dash or behind the drivers seat.

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 00:07:47 -0500
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_email.msn.com>

As you all know the power antenna always goes up when the radio is
turned on.  With my aftermarket receiver and a 12 disc CD changer I find
that I listen to it more than the radio.  What I would like to do is to
put in a manual override switch for the antenna so that it doesn't go up
(or down)
With my Alpine CD player the antenna goes down when I insert a cd.

I was asked at the AUTO FEST 2000, from a Ferrari owner, if it was true that
the Alpine had this feature and gave him a demo. He said that he had heard,
that Alpine was the only CD player that had this feature and he wanted to
make sure that it had the feature before he purchased one.

I am not sure if this is true or not, that Alpine is the only cd player on
the market that has this feature, but it is something to consider when
purchasing a new deck.

Robert Starling
Vin#05252

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 00:23:43 -0500
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Dashboard replacement

Personally, I think they are way over-priced.  Wouldn't it be just as well
to cover the dash with some black or gray upholstery fabric?  I don't think
the fabric would be thick enough to interefere with the way the glove box
lid closes.  But if it were, I would just make a new glove box lid.

As for the binnacle, I would cover it with upholstery too.  Just put double
stitch seams on all the corners to make it match how the console is sewed
together.  If I had the time, I would sell kits already sewn together.  You
would just have to stretch it over your cracked binnacle and glue the edges.

The only investment would be a couple dollars for a yard or so of fabric and
the time it takes to sew it together.  (of course, you would have to have
the right kind of sewing machine on hand.  Unfortunately, I have one of
those that has been sitting in my kitchen for the last year.)

Yeah, I'm weird!
Walt    Tampa, FL