From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 2:38 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 288

1. Re: Re: Antenna Question
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

2. Re: Window kaput (me too)
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

3. Re: Automatic or Manual
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Looking For a D
From: Fadebak_at_dml_yahoo.com

5. Re: Concours discussion
From: johnmidd1_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Antenna Question
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>

7. Delorean First time on TNN's "Car and Driver"
From: "Rodger Vannatter" <rivwindance_at_dml_earthlink.net>

8. ADMIN: DMC chat info
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

9. Looking for 5957 owner
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>

10. James Espey
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>

11. Steering Wheel
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_email.msn.com>

12. Re: Delorean First time on TNN's "Car and Driver"
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

13. Mystery Noise...
From: "Nathan E. Green" <gzen21_at_dml_excite.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:11:33 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Antenna Question

We know of no reports of DeLorean antenna damage due to wind while driving.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:46:42 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Window kaput (me too)

John,

Cable repairs of the original window regulator, are for the most part, not
recommended.
Although I have seen some success, I don't recommend this procedure unless
you don't mind removing and replacing the regulator several times. Although
the heavy duty replacements may seem pricey, they not only perform better
than the originals they also have an extremely low failure rate.

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:49:38 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Automatic or Manual

Robert,

What do you mean by that?

Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:31:43 -0000
From: Fadebak_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Looking For a D

[MODERATOR NOTE: You are reading this post strictly because this person has specified interest in a restoration project.  Please do not consider this an invitation to ask for pristine DeLoreans at bargain basement prices, a fruitless request that annoys most subscribers.]

I'm looking for a DeLorean to restore.  Low budget; lotsa time.
Doesn't matter what condition as long as the body's not badly damaged.
Send me a line.

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:30:58 EST
From: johnmidd1_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Concours discussion

James,

I know that you could probably spend an unbelievable amount of money, but
generally speaking, how much would it cost for one done for a concours as
opposed to a "refurbished" one at $29,500- same?  more?  way more?

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:55:02 -0800
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Antenna Question

My after market stereo only raises the antenna when the radio is on, It
could be how your stereo is connected. You might look at it to see if
there is an automatic antenna wire that wasn't connected
Trevor Johnson
#4055 and 6974
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:47:4 -0500
From: "Rodger Vannatter" <rivwindance_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Delorean First time on TNN's "Car and Driver"

Last month I was fortunate enough to use my Delorean with the crew of the
RTM Productions for a shoot for "Car and Driver" for TNN.
Just been informed that the segment on the Delorean will be shown Saturday
November 11th _at_dml_ 2:00 AM and again on Sunday November 12th _at_dml_ 1:00 PM.
To all the list and Delorean owners everywhere, I sincerely hope I did not
embarrass the car nor all Delorean owners.  You will be seeing it, as I
shall, for the first time and memory of what I said and did is a little
foggy until my mind is refreshed.
The Production crew seemed impressed and very elicited about the car and I
hope the 20th anniversary of the car will reflect what all of us Delorean
owners know... that it is a wonderful car that performs as it was meant to
do .....still doing well all this time (20 years and still going strong).
Rodger Vannatter, Vin #6962 (rivwindance_at_dml_earthlink.net)

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:23:22 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: ADMIN: DMC chat info

I've set up a Chat "pointer" section on the www.dmcnews.com website
that points to most of the chat hookups mentioned here in the past
few days. If any of the admins want me to add information (like
scheduling times to meet etc.) please follow the instructions given
there.

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:13:26 -0000
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Looking for 5957 owner

I recently purchased an owner's manual in its pouch and in it was
included a new car invoice for someone's DeLorean purchased in
Hartford, Connecticut. The purchased car was vin #5957. If anyone
knows of this car's owner please let me know. It would be nice to
reunite this piece with the original car. By the way, the cash price
on April 26, 1982 was $24,772. Thanks, Fil.

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:18:30 -0000
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Subject: James Espey

A few weeks ago my sister was able to make a side trip on her visit
to Houston to the DeLorean Motor Company. She was able to meet James
who recommended a great T-shirt and small resin DeLorean model for
me. She was quite impressed with the Houston operation and James
himself. I just wanted to thank him for his hospitality during my
sister's visit to his business! Without this list and people like
James I would never have taken the chance on buying my D over two
years ago. It's been a great ride!
Fil Vigil.

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:05:27 -0500
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_email.msn.com>
Subject: Steering Wheel

One more day to get on the list, please e-mail if you want on the list.

The pricing starts at $189.99 for the full wheel (Center cap not included)
and $129.99 for the just the grip only.

These prices are subject to lower if I can organize persons wanting to
restore their steering wheels. So if you are interested in having your
steering wheel restored please send me an email at doctor280_at_dml_msn.com (Please
don't sent replies to the DML)

MODERATOR NOTE - his email is doctor280(at)msn.com

Robert Starling
Vin#05252
doctor280_at_dml_msn.com

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:05:49 -0500
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Delorean First time on TNN's "Car and Driver"

Rodger Vannatter wrote:

> Last month I was fortunate enough to use my Delorean with the crew of the
> RTM Productions for a shoot for "Car and Driver" for TNN.
> Just been informed that the segment on the Delorean will be shown Saturday
> November 11th _at_dml_ 2:00 AM and again on Sunday November 12th _at_dml_ 1:00 PM.

So the show will be televised this weekend, *during* the DOA Expo in Vegas?
That is an amazing coincidence.  As I recall, in the same week as last year's
DOA Expo in Saint Louis, "The Car is the Star" premiered its edition featuring
the DeLorean.

I hope everyone who is going to Vegas has a great time.  Patti and I were
supposed to be boarding an airplane this afternoon, but sadly no one was
willing to teach my classes for me this weekend.  I have heard a lot of great
things about Las Vegas.  Please post to the DML about how much fun you have.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:25:40 -0800 (PST)
From: "Nathan E. Green" <gzen21_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Mystery Noise...

Hi folks,
   It is usual for some sounds to emerge from #10188--heck all these cars
are 18-19yrs old! My car is a daily driver with higher mileage(probably
100k+).
   But I heard a noise last night I had never heard. I sounded like a thud
from the left front. I was turning into a parking lot at about 10mph, with
the wheels about 3/4 of the way. I did some experiments: only happen when I
turn left, faster or slower--no noise, steering seems to behave normally. I
am planning on looking at the steering box and under the front end.(It was
dark when this happened last night).Sound is definently coming from left
front part of car. Steering box maybe? Maybe left wheel assembly?
  I know I need new front shocks, but it seems to happen only at this speed.
Steering box seemed tight last time I looked(~2k miles ago). Can anyone
help? Can any one steer(pun) me in the right direction? THanks.

Nathan E. Green
gzen21_at_dml_excite.com

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html