From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 2:14 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 303

1. Rough Idle
From: "W.D.SEARLS, JR." <Buckeye99_at_dml_copper.net>

2. Re: Rough Idle
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: Storage
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

4. Re: Automobile Trivia
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: [Re: [Filling holes in front bumper and rear centerpiece]]
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>

6. Awesome DeLorean on E-Bay
From: "Michael C. Babb, MCSE, MCT, MCP-I, CNA" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:47:04 -0500
From: "W.D.SEARLS, JR." <Buckeye99_at_dml_copper.net>
Subject: Rough Idle

I have been trying to troubleshoot my Delorean here lately and have a bit of
a problem. The car has a very rough idle. It starts up goes from 750 rpm to
about 1800 rpm then back down to around 900rpm then back up and so on. Any
ideas of what it may be? Also my oil psi light goes up and down in the
process of the rough idle. Then my gas tank reading is different every time
I start the car. Would tankzilla clear this problem up? Thanks in advance.

Joel

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:24:40 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Rough Idle

Look at previous posts on rough idle, run a new wire to the sender
unit on the left side of the engine the wire is burnt, the oem sender
unit is notoriously inaccurate so if you want a good indication of
fuel quantity a tankzilla would indeed "fix" the problem if you can
justify the cost.

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:33:48 -0000
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>
Subject: Re: Storage

I consider car "storage" when it's put away, covered up and you don't
touch it until the winter season is over or for whatever reason you
stor it for. If you put your car away for the winter season, but
start the car and let it run for 1/2 hour or so every two weeks like
you said I consider to be "putting away".

What I would do for the very least is add fuel stabalizer to the
tank. Obviously by starting the car and letting it idle for 1/2 hr
every two weeks until the end of the winter season, you are not going
to use all the fuel that is in your tank...meaning the same tank of
gas that was in the car at the begining of the strorage is in it when
you take it out of storage. My recomendation? If I was to store my
car during the winter, If it was snowing out I would regularly go out
to the garage and start the engine to get it worked in. If it's just
cold out with no snow/salt on the ground take it around the block a
couple of times to get all the fluid in the drive train to move
around and to give the tires a good workout, then put it away again.
I see no reason why you couldn't take you car out for a 1/2 hr spin
around the block (if there is no snow) during the winter every 2
weeks or sooner. You would only put the car in storage (untouched) if
you are going away. That is my IMHO...others will think differently
and do differently.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_m...> wrote:
> What do we mean by storage?  Some may have a different idea about
how
> long "storage" is.   If I put my car in the barn for the winter but
> start it up every other week is that considered
mainstream "storage" or

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 03:34:29 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Automobile Trivia

Moderator's note:  This is the second auto joke today. At the risk of apearing not to have a sense of humor, I think we'd better stick with DeLorean related things onthis list.

This has no relation to Deloreans but here goes-

The japanese were working furiosly on a new car.They were almost done
and ready to start delivering them when they realized that they didn't
have a name for it! They racked their brains trying to come up with a
proper name and realized they needed help so they went to the germans
because they thought they had come up with good names for their cars.
When they asked the germans for a name the germans asked, How quickly
do you need this name?. The japanese replied immediatly to which the
germans responded "Dot soon"?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, "scottmueller.al" <scottmueller.al_at_dml_n...>
wrote:

> Bit of Automobile trivia.
> It was a sweltering August day when the Cohen brothers entered the
> > > posh Dearborn, Michigan, offices of Henry Ford (an infamous
> anti-Semite),
> > > the car maker.
> > >
> > > "Mr. Ford," announced Norman Cohen, the eldest of the three. "We
> > > have a remarkable invention that will revolutionize the
automobile
> > > industry." Ford looked skeptical, but their threat to offer it
to the
> > > competition kept his interest piqued.  "We would like to
demonstrate it
> > > you
> > > in person."
> > >
> > > After a little cajoling, they brought Mr. Ford outside and asked
him
> > > to enter a black automobile parked in front of the building.
> > > Hyman Cohen, the middle brother, opened the door of the car.
"Please
> > > step inside, Mr. Ford."
> > >
> > > "What!" shouted the tycoon, "Are you crazy?  It must be a
hundred
> > > degrees in that car !"
> > >
> > > "It is," smiled the youngest brother, "but sit down Mr. Ford,
and
> > > push the white button." Intrigued, Ford pushed the button.  All
of a
> > > sudden a whoosh of freezing air started blowing from vents all
> > > around the car, and within seconds the automobile was not only
> > > comfortable, it was quite cool.
> > >
> > >  "This is amazing!" exclaimed Ford.  "How much do you want for
the
> > > patent?"
> > >
> > > One of the brothers spoke up, "The price is one million
dollars."
> > > Then he paused.  "And there is something else.  The name 'Cohen
> > > Brothers Air-conditioning' must be stamped right next to the
Ford logo!"

Date: 19 Nov 00 19:44:25 PST
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: [Filling holes in front bumper and rear centerpiece]]

tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
What are "drip irrigation plugs"?

Bill:
They are plugs that go into a drip irigation system.  You can find them in a
Home Base type place.  The plugs I am talking about fill the holes in 1/2 or
3/4 black plastic pipe (the soft kind)if you want to move one of your feeder
lines which would be 1/4 "

Jim
vin 4149
ELMO

Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:50:27 -0500
From: "Michael C. Babb, MCSE, MCT, MCP-I, CNA" <michael_at_dml_babbtechnology.com>
Subject: Awesome DeLorean on E-Bay

Ok, it's mine, but now is your chance to get it for thousands less than it
is worth (I am buying a house, and need to sell the car).  My loss can be
your gain:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=504524117

Thanks!

Michael C. Babb, MCSE, MCT, MCP-I, CNA, CCNA
Senior Network Consultant
Enterprise Security
BlueStorm Consulting
Raleign, NC