From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 2:13 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 305

1. Delorean Goodyear ads
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: DMC model on www.miniauto.com
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:57:53 EST
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Delorean Goodyear ads

Fellow DMLer's,
  While rereading SSI the other night I came upon a question that I had no
answer to. The "Live the Dream" ads were placed in January 1982 issues of
Time, U.S. News & World Report. The Craig, Sylvania, and Cutty Sark ads were
in various automotive magazines. My question is in what magazines was the
Goodyear ad? I have the other ads and wish to start looking for the Goodyear
to complete my collection, but have no idea where to start. It (the Goodyear
ad, for those who do not have SSI), shows JZD leaning on a Delorean, with the
ad reading "Goodyear. Quality a man can stake his reputation on". I seem to
remember that it was referenced in one of the books about JZD, but have been
unable to locate the item.
Thanks for any help you can offer............
Bruce Battles
Vin # 06569

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:04:01 +0100
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>
Subject: Re: DMC model on www.miniauto.com

> Has anyone purchased the model DeLorean from www.miniauto.com?

I was doubting whether I'd do it or not, but the purchase of a
1:1 scale DeLorean came in between...  ;-)

> I was wondering if anyone has purchased this model and had any
> thoughts about it.  Seems like a high price for such a small car.

I've seen a review in a Dutch modeling-magazine over a year ago
and they were VERY positive about the model.
It comes in its own display-case with custom text on the base.
There's much more info on the German club-site:
<http://www.DeLorean.de/markt/dcdar/dcdaroth.htm>
The texts are in German, if anyone needs a translation,
you could probably try something like Babelfish...

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: