From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 4:20 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 336

1. Swapping Center-console
From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>

2. Re: Stainless Door Sill "DMC" Letters
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

3. Delorean Seat Covers *PICS* - $795 MINT / Last Call!
From: "MrCopies" <mike_at_dml_mrcopies.com>

4. Re: Re: Re Road Noises
From: "Don Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

5. Re: DeLorean on E
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

6. Re: [Re: Road Noises]
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>

7. Idle Speed ECU.
From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

8. DeLorean in Music Video
From: Ryan Stroschein <ryan.stroschein_at_dml_upwardinternet.com>

9. Re: DeLorean on GAC
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fisherdesign.com>

10. Re: [Re: Extra Horsepower]
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>

11. Re: T Panel removal
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

12. Re: Re Road Noises
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

13. Re: Idle Speed ECU.
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

14. Anyone have door locks.....
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

15. Re: Help
From: Mike Hirko <mikehirko_at_dml_tdn.com>

16. Website with Sound Deadening Info and product links
From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com>

17. Cargo Deck light
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

18. Torsion bar for sale
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>

19. Thanx & Merry X-mas
From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>

20. Delorean Motor Company
From: "Lance B. Bowman" <spaceace_at_dml_qx.net>

21. Last Call on Poll
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>

22. Re: [Re: Extra Horsepower]
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

23. Re: Swapping Center-console
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

24. Re: Delorean Motor Company
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:56:32 -0000
From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>
Subject: Swapping Center-console

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me some pointers on replacing the center-console
(the metal bracket underneath actually) on a DeLorean?

I've searched for some "How-To's", but the search turned up empty...

I'm considering swapping my uncut bracket with some-one else who has
DIN-cut bracket; he wants to put in a Craig, I want to put in a
Kenwood. By swapping we can save money and save an original piece
from
being cut.

The problem however is that neither of us has ever pulled this piece
and that we're both scared of damaging something; we have the picture
from the PartsManual, but that's no real help to be honest...

Anyone, Please point us in the right direction...
Thanks in advance,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:52:36 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Stainless Door Sill "DMC" Letters

In a message dated 12/18/00 12:39:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com writes:

<< Check on ebay, I think I saw some for sale >>
Nope.  Different item. Try Don at DeLorean Motor Center in Garden Grove, CA.
-Wayne

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:17:55 -0600
From: "MrCopies" <mike_at_dml_mrcopies.com>
Subject: Delorean Seat Covers *PICS* - $795 MINT / Last Call!

Hi Everyone!

This is the last post and last call for these - so thanks for your patience.

We've found a few more than the original 7 sets - so if you're interested
email me today.  While most are GRAY - the ex-dealer also discovered a few
BLACK sets as well.

These are MINT and ORIGINAL Delorean Leather Seat Covers.  All 4 pieces (2
seat backs, and 2 seat bottom covers) are only $795 + $45 shipping (FedEx -
including insurance).

To ensure the quality and satisfy the skeptics...Friday, I had a pair
professionally installed on my seats - they are stunning.  Email me today
and I'll send you back a link where you can see all the photos (both on and
off my seats, closeups and order information). Too good to be true? - We've
had nothing but enthusiastic praise - they look awesome.  The leather is
pliable, soft, and fits to a "D"! :) ,,.err  T.

This is a ONE TIME offer! - once their gone....they're really gone!
Deadline for payment is December 27th, 2000.  After that date, you'll either
have to buy a set for $1600 from a Delorean supplier or manufacture a set
yourself (good luck).   We're shipping everyone's order out the same day via
Detroit Michigan.  Our target is to have them Fedex'd by the end of
December...thus our deadline for payment is firm.

Replacing your seat covers makes an excellent winter project and will
transform the interior of your car....not to mention...they'd make an
awesome Christmas gift (you've been good this year...right?).   At $795 US +
shipping they are essentially 1/2 price.  I purposely didn't mark them up so
that I could sell them all quickly (and stay married).  In addition we've
made arrangements for people to pay via credit card if they'd like
to....just email me and I'll send you the link.

These seat covers are first come, first served...so if you're interested
please email me privately today and I'll send you the link with all the
pictures.

mike(AT)mrcopies.com
VIN#17089

www.mydelorean.com

P.S.  I just want to emphasize - these are original Delorean seat covers -
not  knock-offs or replicas.  You're not going to get stuck with something
that "almost fits" or "sorta looks right".  In addition, the markings, on
the back of the vinyl, the stitching and liners are EXACT matches.

did I mention they're original?  ha,ha... thanks again.  :)

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:42:40 -0800
From: "Don Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Re Road Noises

Steve,

The lead foil/damping foam material is pound for pound a very effective
solution.  The lead will not pass airborn sound energy because it is non
pourous and limp.  Any energy hitting it and causing it to vibrate is
absorbed by the associated foam.  The reason I started this thread was to
see if someone had done their homework and was marketing a kit.  In the name
of performance (of both kinds) I will take high tech lead foil based
products any day.

Don

FYI;  I spray undercoated the entire underside of one of my D's and could
tell little or no difference in the amount of road noise that we are all
familiar with.  It needs to be thick and sorta foamy to be effective and
Ziebart and such is this and really only for corrosion (although they
advertise for more).

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:18:52 -0500
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean on E

I got it recorded on my TIVO (digital VCR thingy). If anyone wants it I can
put it on a tape.
Let me know if you're interested.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6298
tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net

Date: 18 Dec 00 15:54:23 PST
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Road Noises]

Group,
Watch out for expanding foam.  This stuff can move mountains when it expands.
Get the low expanding stuff!!!  Even then watch out.

On another note I pulled my t-panel off because it had sunk I layed two stips
of the foam down the sides (covered with plastic wrap so I could pull it off)
As it expanded it lifted the t-panel up to the proper height.

Any questions jest give me a email

jim sawyer
mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net
vin 4149 "ELMO"

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:05:11 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Idle Speed ECU.

I posted into the vault the 2 photos of my Idle Speed ECU. On the one
chip on the bottom you can see that 2 of the pins on the IC are not
soldered into place. Is this supposed to be this way? Even on some of
the empty connections on the board they took the time to apply
solder, so I have no idea as to why they would leave 2 pins "naked".
Is this normal?

-Robert
vin 6585 (The DeLorean from hell.)

Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:46:41 -0600
From: Ryan Stroschein <ryan.stroschein_at_dml_upwardinternet.com>
Subject: DeLorean in Music Video

Here's a schedule for the next few days when the music video will be
playing on GAC(Great American Country) TV channel.  The video will be
played during the half hour after the listed time.  I found these times at
http://www.countrystars.com/playlist.html by searching for the song's
title, 'How Do You Milk A Cow.'  I must warn you however, if you don't like
seeing straw-bales thrown into a DeLorean, you probably shouldn't watch
this video:-)
Tuesday December 19
08:30 AM EST - How Do You Milk A Cow Cledus T. Judd
Wednesday December 20
07:00 AM EST - How Do You Milk A Cow Cledus T. Judd
Thursday December 21
02:30 AM EST - How Do You Milk A Cow Cledus T. Judd

_________________
Ryan Stroschein

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:12:46 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fisherdesign.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean on GAC

GAC stands for Great American Country...from what I understand It's an
up and coming country music video station.
    I also got some more information on the parody song to look for.
It's actually called "How do you Milk a Cow", (not "How to Milk a Cow"
as I stated in my previous post) and it's sung by Cletus T. Judd.
Sounds like a truly passionate love song doesn't it?
    I'm still looking for a copy of the music video...I'll let everyone
know if I find a source for it.
    Ciao,
    Josh

Date: 18 Dec 00 21:05:13 PST
From: james sawyer <mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Extra Horsepower]

Group,
I don't understand why DMC has not picked up on the fact that we want more
juice (HP) from the DeLorean.  Buying a 5,000 engine seems a bit extream.  My
son owns a Ford Ranger and can buy whatever he wants.

I know what the response is going to be, we are such a small market and the
design would be non-cost effective.  A header-cat-muffler with four pipes
comming out the end of the car would not only sound good but improve
performance.  The original parts could be taken off and stored, that cross
over pipe is spendy.

Well what do we think, more off the shelf HP.

Jim
Vin 4149
"ELMO"

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:58:32 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: T Panel removal

Start by removing the plastic strip over the rear window under the
rear louvre. You do that by taking off the cover of each screw(if
it's
still there) and removeing the 3 screws. Rotate the bottom out first
and be careful, they are not obtainable anymore. Next remove the 6
screws under the weatherstripping on top toward the rear of the
doors(3 on each side) Now carefully lift the t panel from the rear
and
gently pry upward breaking the glue seal in the center and unhooking
the front.When replacing use foam padding to hold up the center of
the
panel and center it so the doors don't rub it when they are fully
open. Be especially careful of the edges of the stainless steel, THEY
ARE EXTREMALY SHARP.

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:48:35 -0000
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

Don
I know the effects that lead has with blocking sound, but I don't
think it is a wise solution to put it on a sports car or any other
light car. The material you are talking about was meant to be used in
RV's, buses, trucks, ect to minimize the amount of noise from the
deisel engine and or electric generators. These trucks can handle the
extra weight that the lead sheets would add. Adding lead sheets as a
sound barrier to block road noise on a car in my opinion is not a
good idea. I understand that you want to stop road noise, but it
isn't that loud that it would warrant the use of a lead foil? I am
one to look for lightening the car....not adding pounds to it. I
think that good neoprene type sound barriers work very well to dampen
the road noise when placed under the carpet of the vehicle and safer!
You have to cut the lead sheets to size and depending on how it is
cut will create lead dust...dangerous to your health for a regular
DIY. Also when applying the neoprene sound barrier I suggest not to
just drop it in and throw your carpet back down, I would advise in
using adhesive to glue the mat down to the fiberglass floor so that
the mat dosen't buckle and create little "chambers" between the mat
and fiberglass. Also it will keep the mat from moving around under
the crapet.

In any rate...I am just posting my opinion and it is up the the owner
of their car to decide what he/she would want to put into it.

Steve

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:06:31 -0000
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>
Subject: Re: Idle Speed ECU.

Robert,
From what I can tell from your pics, it looks like there are no
traces going to these pads of the pin (no connections to any other
component). It looks like someone had already replaced this chip
before and the missing pads are a good sign that they heated them to
much with the soldering iron and the copper pads came off the
fiberglass board, that is why they left them "naked". Also it looks
like the two pads overlapped each other (from the looks of the white
circles) which indicates that these two pins are/were tied together,
I can't be sure without a schematic of the unit but if they are
suppose to be connected together then it is very easy to fix by
soldering a small wire between the two pins. If they don't require to
be connected together then you can leave the pins as is since they
don't need a connection. The green stain on the componenet side of
the board tells me that some moisture had gotten onto the board at
some point and corroded the component, probably why it was replaced.
Before you tie the two pins together see if someone else you know
with an ECU can open theirs up and look at the pins or see if someone
has a schematic. I will try to remove mine from my car (I am
currently restoring it so it's in a thousand pieces right now so
what's one more part :) ) and open it up and look at it.

Steve

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:54:56 -0000
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>
Subject: Anyone have door locks.....

Does anyone have a set of door locks that they do not need and are
willing to sell/give? I don't care if they are used only that they
are for the one key system and that they work. I will recode them to
my current key so I don't need a key for them either. Thanks.

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:47:13 -0800
From: Mike Hirko <mikehirko_at_dml_tdn.com>
Subject: Re: Help

spooky312_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> <snjp>  If anyone could tell me where to locate '58 Chevy Impala Convertable
> parts <snip>

Try Hemmings Motor News, a really comprehensive source of cars and parts for any
& all cars.  Available at any book store.  Their website is:

www.hemmings.com

They have a search function on the website that might give you a clue as to
prices for various parts.  But DO find a bookstore & buy one of their monthly
publications.  It's an educational experience in itself!

Mike Hirko

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:01:47 -0800
From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com>
Subject: Website with Sound Deadening Info and product links

  With all the talk of sound insulating .. here's a site on the web with
info on procedures & products.  Completely DeLorean UN-related ..

	http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~bplesn/sounddead.html

Michael.Fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com
Chief Software Architect
www.dittybase.com

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:15:20 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Cargo Deck light

Hello all,

i am a new owner (only had my D for a month, and 3 weeks of those it's been
in storage.  anyway, i just noticed the rear cargo light.  i knew about the
map light in front (which doesn't seem to work correctly...another story in
itself).  can someone please tell me what is supposed to make the rear light
turn on?  i can't find a switch or anything, and it's not in the owner's
manual.  is it supposed to turn on when the doors are open?

i know i saw some talk about the lights about two weeks ago on the list.  but
i don't remember anyone talking about the rear light - only the front one.

btw, my front one only works when you tap it a couple times, and it NEVER
works when you open the doors. you need to manually turn it on.

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:52:25 -0000
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Torsion bar for sale

Hello,
I have a passenger side torsion bar for sale if anyone would like
it.  It came off of a low miles Delorean.  it doesn't have any
scratches.  I am asking $200 for it.

Erik Geerdink

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:47:20 -0000
From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>
Subject: Thanx & Merry X-mas

Hello everyone,

This Christmas I will have my DeLorean for 3 months.
These 3 have been the best ever!

I've wanted a DeLorean since I was 7 years old and now,
17 years later I finally have one!

If it hadn't been for this list and the great people
of the DeLorean Club Netherlands (DCN) I probably
never would have even known I'd ever be able to actually
own and drive one.
Thank you very much to everyone!!!

I'd also like to take the opportunity to wish everyone
a very Merry Chrismas and a Happy 2001.
For those of you that agree with me on the saying
"one Picture says more than a 1000 words"
check out "http://www.vdwouw.demon.nl/xmas/2000/"

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/
------------------------------

My car can be seen on the DCN-site while I'm working on
my own site's completion...
Go to "http://www.delorean.nl/", click "Eigenaar" in
the right frame,
next click on "Eigenaren in (NL) en (B)" in this same frame.
My car is in the left frame now, the second one from the bottom.
Click the picture or my name for more info and while you're
there check out the rest of the site too!

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:19:59 -0500
From: "Lance B. Bowman" <spaceace_at_dml_qx.net>
Subject: Delorean Motor Company

Hello all,

 I just joined this list to ask some questions. Does anyone have any
experience at all (good or bad) with the Delorean Motor Company in Texas
that rebuilds and resells Deloreans? I'm seriously thinking about buying
one, but I'd like to get some more info before I make a decision.
 I'd also love to know if anyone with a Delorean close to my location
(Winchester, KY) would let me take a close look at thiers. I fell in
love with the car after Back to the Future, and I've seen two of these
wonderful cars on the road since then.
 Thanks in advance!

Lance B. Bowman

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:18:22 -0800
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Last Call on Poll

If anybody else would like to vote on the Key chain/ Pen/Vale cover poll,
please do so, I will close it tomorrow afternoon. (the 20th) thanks to
all who have voted already

Trevor Johnson
#6974 and 4055
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:52:47 -0800
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

The aftermarket suppliers work very closely with auto manufactures, in fact,
Ford for one supplies much detailed information on certain vehicles to the
after market performance companies. They've just recently expanded the list
of vehicles for which they supply those details. The reason there is so much
available for current and late model cars is because of this factory
co-operation and the number of vehicles out there. It makes it much easier
for them to comply with the federal emission laws. It can be pretty
expensive to get engine modifications approved by the Feds and when sales
are quite limited the cost naturally goes up. We make more Rangers in a week
than the total number of DeLoreans built!

Bruce Benson

http://home.netscape.com/webmail

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:23:38 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Swapping Center-console

JAN,

When reinstalling the console be sure that all of the wires running along
the length of the center tunnel are safely tucked above the attaching
brackets. In several cases we have found that improperly routed wires may be
pinched under the attaching brackets.
This "pinched wire condition" can cause disconnected or short circuited
electrical circuits.

"We're here to help you"
Seasons Greetings!

Web Site: (TEMPORARY)<www.geocities.com/dmcjoe>

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:33:54 EST
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Delorean Motor Company

Lance-

I can't say enough good things about DMC Houston. Ive been a DeLorean fan as
far back as I can remember and I was fortunate enough to finally purchase one
this year. DMC Houston is literally just down the street from me and I drop
in there at least 2 times a month, usually for just little items or help.
Steven Wynne, the owner has been extreemly helpful and quite friendly. He is
well staffed, and they have just about everything that you could need for
your DeLorean. James Espey who was the founder of this mailing list is also
there from time to time and he too is quite helpful and friendly. Ive seen
their work first hand and they truly do great work.

Im not saying that all the other DMC shops dont do a good job, but I simply
dont have any experience with them since Im right here in Houston. All of the
DMC specialists on this list are highly qualified, but there is "one" I would
suggest saying away from.

In the end, DMC houston is a safe-bet for high-quality work and service.

Hope this helps.
Justin