From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 6:21 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 342

1. Re: Re: Manual update (was Torque settings)
From: "Bastiaan Olij" <bastiaan.olij_at_dml_wanadoo.nl>

2. Replacement Vinyl
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

3. Project/Parts Car Alert
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

4. Re: Courtesy Light Switch Replacement
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

5. Riverside Resort Laughlin Car Museum
From: "Gabe" <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 14:17:48 +0100
From: "Bastiaan Olij" <bastiaan.olij_at_dml_wanadoo.nl>
Subject: Re: Re: Manual update (was Torque settings)

>OR - whenever someone decides to do it as a non-profit labor of love. And
still take the investment risk.
If that is the case, that person could make a digital version of the manuals
instead of a printed one (pdf or something). There are some companies on the
web that offer "print on demand" schemes. In such case you can can put the
pdf (or whatever) online but also order a printed version of it. These
companies then print the document and make a nice book of it and send it to
whoever buys it.

You can get pretty good quality manuals for around $60 or something.
www.ondemandmanuals.com is such a website if you are interested... There
isn't much of a profit for whomever makes the manual.....

Bastiaan Olij
< not yet a DeLorean owner:-( >

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 11:16:40 -0500
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: Replacement Vinyl

Does anyone know where you can get the same texture/color vinyl to do do
some interior trim pieces.  I'm going to need a fairly large amount to
redo some door arm rests pieces.  Has anyone redone these in real
leather?

Thanks

Tom  #005732  MT

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 13:49:48 -0600
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Project/Parts Car Alert

I just posted this on the DMCNews forsale page at
http://www.dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/dmcforsale.html

Location:     Edmond, Oklahoma
Price:        $5000.00
Gull Wing beauty, 51613 miles almost runs, leather interior, service manuals
,good tires, good condition, clear title.

Please check out the ad there and reply to the advertiser. Replies to the
Mailing list will be deleted without comment.  I'm not sure the poster is
even a subscriber.

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 15:56:39 -0500
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Courtesy Light Switch Replacement

Dave,

You definitely piqued my interest using the capacitive proximity idea.  I
never thought of that.  But I have thought of using magnetic reed switches
and even putting mercury tilt switches in the doors.  So far the idea I like
best is the mercury switch idea.  It would be the hardest for a shade tree
mechanic to install because it would involve adding new wires in the doors
(unless the unused wire for the heated side mirrors were used.  Are there
any other unused wires?)

My main concerns for the capacitive proximity idea are the current draw when
the car is left to sit and the chance of stray static charges turning the
lights on and draining the battery even more.

I'm not a big fan of magnetic reed switches because the magnetic properties
in them sometimes change over time and they tend to stick open or closed
regardless if they have ever had any current flowing through them.

I still like the mercury switch idea best -- no battery drain, no
maintenance, and high current capacity.  After all, that is the traditional
way trunk and hood lights are operated.  The Delorean door isn't much
different in that respect.  You could then replace the switch on the door
post with a small hand operated switch to save the battery.

I don't mean to be a twisted ray of sunshine in an otherwise bright idea
though :)

Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 11:15:43 -0800
From: "Gabe" <thecreech_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: Riverside Resort Laughlin Car Museum

Recently, I visited the Riverside Resort in Laughlin, Nevada which of course
has a car museum including a delorean. The strange thing about it was it was
missing its DMC ebmlem on the grille. I was wondering if possibly the owner
of the car is on this list(It said it was owned by a couple from california)
and they could see about replacing the emblem? They probably own lots of
cars and don't have anything special with the delorean so they probably
aren't on the list. The car looked completely naked without it and I thought
it was a sad thing to have one missing its emblem in a Museum. Anyone else
seen this car?