From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 2:26 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 41

1. Steel Braided Brake Lines
From: E Grauff <datamonk_at_dml_svn.net>

2. DeLorean in Auto Week mentioned
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>

3. Re: Re: Historic Blunders
From: "BRUCE BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

4. Re: Consumable Parts
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

5. Borla/Flowmaster Exaust systems
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 19:42:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: E Grauff <datamonk_at_dml_svn.net>
Subject: Steel Braided Brake Lines

I've seen it discussed (and yes - tried to search the archives) - but
everything I found was pretty old.

Can anyone tell me the source(s) for steel braided brake lines?

Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 03:09:56 -0000
From: "World Traveller" <eurojet_at_dml_sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Subject: DeLorean in Auto Week mentioned

This was in the latest issue of auto week and wanted to share it with
the list:

MISPLACED EVIDENCE
National Public Radio reported that a teenage driver was arrested
after a traffic stop when police found $1.3 million worth of cocaine
hidden in a secret compartment in his car. Turns out the drug was
already there when his parents paid $4,000 for the car (not a
DeLorean, but Infiniti) at an auction conducted by the Chicago Police
Department. AutoWeek May 8, 2000
I prefer to keep a few miniature bottles of tequila in my secret
compartment!

Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 23:29:33 -0500
From: "BRUCE BENSON" <delornut_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Historic Blunders

In the mid 1980's Ford spent about $200 million for a state of the art paint
facility used in manufacturing Ranger pick- up trucks ; this  in the plant
where I currently work. Using this example, and taking into account that
1981 was horrendous regarding the U.S.economy and auto sales, I think
the British government was very naive regarding the cost they expected to
incur starting an auto manufacturing operation from scratch. Even though
John
DeLorean may have also been naive in his estimations of potential sales of
his sportswear, especially regarding the economy and the uniqueness of his
car, I still feel John and company did a remarkable job getting to where
they got for the amount of $'s that were spent.

Bruce Benson

Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 00:39:11 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: Consumable Parts

Just buy the correct parts from the correct DeLorean Suppliers.

    In the Long Run, you will save lots of time, build a relationship, and
learn that if you save a nickel here or there, you probably have to spend
twice as much again later.
    Be careful of the cross over lists and non original parts. Excluding
advances in engineering and tested parts FROM the DeLorean SUPPLIERS.

    Would you buy a brake set from NAPA for your Ferrari?

I would hope not.

Senator

Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 02:18:45 EDT
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Borla/Flowmaster Exaust systems

Hello all,
    I was planning on thinking about getting a Borla exaust system or a
Flowmaster 40 series muffler, leaning towards borla.  Borla has a nice deep
sound, its stainless steel, looks good and improves performance, and although
i do like the flowmaster 40's aggressive sound, its more suited for a camaro
( my friend hasa camaro w/ racing engine & flowmaster 40 muffler sounds good
but, its more muscle, less redneck than i want to be hehe)  I was wondering:
What parts will affect how the borla exaust fits?  I mean, will any system
fit?  and where should i take it to get the system, i dont think that your
local car parts sstore will carry borla systems, should i go to the delorean
motor center? do they have them there? help dmc joe!  hehe

greg