From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 6:11 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 44

1. performance (from the borla/flowmaster guy)
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Borla/Flowmaster Exaust systems
From: "Nate!!" <madpiper_at_dml_codenet.net>

3. Heater Control Valve
From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: cooling fans
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

5. Re: Front License plate bracket
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Fuel filter
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

7. ADMIN - Responding to FORSALE ads
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

8. Re: Doors open too FAST
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

9. Re: 400 mile ebay D
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

10. Re: Rear tire torque spec.
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

11. Re: Re: Inertia switch bypass
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

12. Re: cooling fans
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 19:40:15 EDT
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: performance (from the borla/flowmaster guy)

basically i was wondering, are better camshafts, headers, spark plugs,
alternators, and fuel systems  available for the delorean??  and im just
assuming that new cams, headers, plugs, etc would cost less (all of them
together) than any new engine or the island TT system from turbo manifolds
inc (5,200)

ALSO who is coming up with those NOS (new old stock) engines i have heard
about? and does anyone have the specs (0-60, HP, torque, etc) and price for
them?

thanks a bunch, really sorry to have to clutter the list
greg

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 19:51:31 -0600
From: "Nate!!" <madpiper_at_dml_codenet.net>
Subject: Re: Borla/Flowmaster Exaust systems

only one question... WHY?

at that whopping 130 hp the stock exhaust is perfect... for that matter, I
would dare to bet that completely opening the exhaust system wouldn't net
another 5 hp... and in all likelyness, it may cost HP.

Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 18:30:50 PDT
From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Heater Control Valve

Hey Group:

New problem.  The vacuum activated switching mechanism which allows the
coolant to flow into the heater core on my car is stuck in the 80% open
range.  Question:  Is there a replacement I can pick up locally and get
thing back together within a day?  Any help with a cross-over part number is
appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian #16584

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:43:49 -0400
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>
Subject: Re: cooling fans

Been There Done That.....
Yes, in order to get the motor out you have to remove the bracket & to
get the bracket it is easier to remove the radiator too.  Unless you
happen to be a contortionist with triple jointed wrists and very  small
hands.
Good Luck!

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:47:18 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Front License plate bracket

dmc-delorean-2000_at_dml_excite.com writes:

<< didnt come with a front license plate braket. i have owned my car
 for 2 months and think it time i get one befor i get a tiket. i have tried
 pjgrady and they have 2 but are a little high priced for me for
 now,($37-$49) >>

That may not be your only problem.  I got a S.S. bracket for around $38. then
found the nuts badly rusted on the fascia when I went to install it.  First
one, the head snapped off.  Second one spins.  Third, I didn't bother. Your
car is from the northeast like mine (in NJ) so you may have the same problem.
 What did I do?  HA!  Nothing!  I took it through inspection with one plate.
The other plate visible inside, on the parcel shelf, still in the bag.  They
told me that was ok.  A local cop who is a friend told me the same thing.  So
far, so good. (3 months)  And my little town is teeming with police cars.
Especially at 3 a.m. when I'm frequently going home from work.  I'm glad I
have an "excuse" not to have it on there... looks better off.  Our course,
you might not be so lucky.  I might not always be either, which is why I'm
not parting with my unused bracket!

-Wayne
"Living the dream!"

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:48:26 -0400
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel filter

The "rubber" is just a covering for the pressure carrying plastic tube.
It can crack & fall off without affecting the pressure characteristics
of the plastic tube.  The rubber is there to provide protection for the
plastic. It's just not a good idea to let the hoses deteriorate to that
point.

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:30:06 -0500
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: ADMIN - Responding to FORSALE ads

Please reply directly to  the poster when responding to for-sale postings.
Inquiries to the list are just going to be dumped. This probably means that
you will have to pick their email address out of the posting rather than
hitting "reply". Sorry.

dave

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:12:31 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Doors open too FAST

From your description it sounds like 2 splines negative should do the job.

"We're here to help you"
DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>
.

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:55:18 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: 400 mile ebay D

Aaron,

If the engine dies when the doors are locked you have a bad main ground. To
prevent the door lock solenoids from burning out, possibly locking you in or
out of the car, disconnect the door lock module.

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:05:51 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Rear tire torque spec.

First of all be sure to instruct the tire facility not to use an air gun to
tighten the lug nuts. All the lug nuts, both front and rear, should be
torqued
to 60 foot pounds.

For the best performance and maximum thread wear you should try to seek out
a tire facility that can do an "on the car" spin balance.

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:04:47 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Inertia switch bypass

Mike,

Dump a can of Bars stop leak in your cooling system, that should keep your
pump leak for  a while.

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 23:33:32 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Remove the following items to drop the fan housing without removing the
radiator/condenser. Remove the left and right radiator support brackets
1/3/1 fig.19, the radiator duct 8/5/0 fig 1 and the anti-roll bar 5/1/0 fig
18.