From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2000 2:14 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 47

1. dmc-12 for restoration project
From: Justin Barless <justinb_at_dml_webhosting.com>

2. Car show in NC
From: iznodmad_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: dmc-12 for sale
From: atrow007_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: My Delorean Buying Haulted by Fire
From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>

5. RE: dmc-12 for sale
From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

6. Re: Key
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:31:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Justin Barless <justinb_at_dml_webhosting.com>
Subject: dmc-12 for restoration project

Dear Friends,

I'm looking for a delorean in any condition, with a sound frame
for a *very* long-term restoration project.

I have looked over the Buy and Sell section of dmcnews.com,
and with no luck, I thought posting here would certainly gain
better results.

If anyone is interested in selling their 'parts car' or even
just a frame in good condition, could you please e-mail
me privately? (as to not spam the mailing list)

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,

[Justin Barless, (xrazor!justinb_at_dml_webhosting.com)]
[Sr. UNIX/DNS Administrator, WebHosting.Com Inc.]

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:33:48 EDT
From: iznodmad_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Car show in NC

DML members,
    I would like to inform the owners in and around Winston-Salem/Clemmons,
NC, that a car show is coming up soon.  The show will be held on Sunday, May
21st at Victory Baptist Church.  It is an annual event that usually draws
around 1000 cars each time.  I did not get to attend the show last year, so I
can't comment on how many cars where there last time.  I do know that they
have not had a DeLorean there in several years.  You can pre-register if you
wish, or the day of the show from 8:00-10:00 a.m.  I have extra registration
forms with a map on it and a list of local hotels if someone wishes to drive
in from out of town and stay the night.  If you are interested, please
contact me and I can mail or fax you a copy of the registration form.

Regards,
Darren Decker

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:43:04 EDT
From: atrow007_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: dmc-12 for sale

I recently came across a delorean I really liked but needs new brakes and the
transmission is slipping a little.  Other than that its in real good shape.
Is it really worth paying 13,000 for?

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:24:53 -0200
From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>
Subject: Re: My Delorean Buying Haulted by Fire

--
My DeLorean hunting has ceased recently too. Just a few months ago I finally got the go-ahead from my parents to buy a DeLorean (I am a 17 year old senior in High school). I had recently inherited a good deal of money and am working, so I finally had the means to buy the car I had dreamed of since I was 5 years old. The car I was looking at was painted red, but I wanted a non-painted car, so I decided to keep on looking. Just a few weeks ago I thought I had finally THE DeLorean for me. My mother gave me permission to go up and buy it. But just days before I was to go buy the car, she reversed her decision to let me buy my dream car. I was heartbroken!! But I think I am truly meant to own a DeLorean, so I know one day the right car will come along at the right time. I wish you and your family the best of luck, and don't let go of your dream. We will both own DeLoreans at some point!- Louie Golden

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 21:42:31 -0500
From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

I think the rule of $20s applies here.

   PRICE_OF_CAR + COST_OF_REPAIRS = $20,000

My DMC was in similar condition with a similar cost.  After repairs, the
total cost was about $20k.  Keep in mind that if the clutch and brakes are
giving out, that car has been *driven* and is probably in need of other
repairs.  I've been very pleased with my car overall.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:47:58 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Key

Senator,
I have a couple of blanks i'm keeping for the future. But   X29 blank by ilco
is what i use to drive with every day.
John 11004