From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 2:10 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 54

From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com

From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>

From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com

From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

From: "Daniel Bell" <flybell_at_dml_bellsouth.net>

8. key ring on Ebay
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: DMCL Factory Messages/Writing...
From: "Phil F" <delorean_at_dml_usfamily.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 02:14:11 EDT
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: NJ Car Shows

There are a few shows coming up in NJ in the next few weeks some of you might
be interested in.  The information is on my web site.  Also if any of you are
planning on going to shows with your DeLorean in the Mid Atlantic region near
you, where DeLoreans are welcome to attend, send me the informtaion on the
show and a contact number and I will post it on my events page.  Here are a
couple shows myself and some other Mid Atlantic members are going to try to
attend.  See you in Cleveland!

May 20th (Saturday)
NJ Vietnam Veterans 2nd Annual Car Show
At the Vietnams Veterans Memorial
at the PNC Bank Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ
8am-4pm
Contact: (732) 458-4661

May 27th 2000 (Saturday)
Collingswood Antique and Classic Car Show
Haddon and Collings Aves.  Collingswood, NJ
Contact:  Steve (856) 482-6043 (until 9pm)

May 28th (Sunday)
Wheels and Wings 2000 Airshow!!
Memorial Day Weekend
Millvile Ariport  Millville, NJ
F-15 Eagle Demonstration, A-10 Thunderbolts
Vintage Planes and much more
Information: (856) 451-0693

For inromation on more shows and events be sure to keep a check on my events
page at:  http://hometown.aol.com/DeLorean31/dma.html

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:47:32 PDT
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DMCL Factory Messages/Writing...

Just wanted to share this with all....I removed the T-roof panel on my
DeLorean # 06759 because I have to install new door seals....a yellow text
marker on the underside of the T-roof had been used to write some numbers,
but something else was written there too:

"10-SPEED"

I thought that was funny...(and no, my DeLorean does not have a 10-speed
gearbox, but maybe there were plans for such *L*)

Now, if this was written on my car only, it would be great if the factory
worker who wrote this would remember it!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:25:50 -0200
From: "Louie Golden" <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com>
Subject: DMC pricing?

  I am a high school senior, and have wanted a DeLorean all of my life. I have been watching a wrecked DeLorean on ebay for the past couple of days. Its price is currently at $4500. I could pay for that out of my pocket and have money left over to spend on restoring it. It will need a new passengers side front fender, passengers side door, control arm, and a new front passengers side wheel. It supposedly runs well, and everything else is in good condition. I am thinking I can work and save up some money and gradually bring it back to life.
  What I would like to know is, how much would all this cost to repair? Would I be better off waiting a couple of years and saving up for a good condition car? I know that front fenders run from $2000-$3000. I guess I could find out pricing through DMC-Houston, or PJ Grady, but I would like some opinions from owners.
  Also, I know what book values are for DeLoreans, and what people are asking for them by reading Auto Traders, and stuff; but I would kind of like to know what people really pay for them. Please respond to <louiegolden_at_dml_mailcity.lycos.com> Thanks!!
Louie Golden (NC)

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:19:49 EDT
From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear facia assembly

There is one available on ebay.  Check it out
Bill

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:13:38 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DITCU unit?

In a message dated 5/18/00 2:08:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dave.stragand_at_dml_ketchum.com writes:

<< If anyone has a turbo installed, and is familiar with the Bosch/Volvo
 Digital Timing Control Unit (DITCU) addition for retarding the timing
 under boost, please drop me a line.  I have a few basic questions that
 could really help me out... >>

Hi Dave-
I just bought the following manual off Ebay:

"Printed in 1991. Title is 'How to Understand, Service & Modify Bosch Fuel
Injection & Engine Management' (and includes high performance tuning) by
Charles O. Probst,SAE. According to book cover description, includes Theory
of operation, troubleshooting and service, high performance tuning, how to
identify your Bosch system. Injection unit models covered include
LH-Motronic, Motronic, LH-Jetronic, L-Jetronic, KE-Motronic, KE-Jetronic and
K-Jetronic which are found on the following cars -- Alfa Romeo, AMC, Audi,
Bertone, Bitter, BMW, DeLorean, Eagle, Ferrari, Fiat, Jaguar, Lancia, Lotus,
Maserati, Mercedes Benz, Merkur, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Rolls-Royce,
Saab, Sterling, Triumph, Volkswagen, VW, and Volvo. Has 224 pages, 23
chapters plus Glossary & Index."

I'm not selling it, but when it comes I'll take a look and see if it has
anything on the subject.
-Wayne
"Living the dream"

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:47:09 -0700
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: N. Cal car show this Sunday

Member(s) of the Northern California DeLorean Motor Club will be showing
their cars this sunday, May 21st, at the United British Sports Car Club,
Sacramento 12th annual British Car Show and Swap Meet, located at the Dixon
Fairgrounds in Dixon. (Directions: Take Rt. 113 South off I-80,  2.3 miles
on First St.) - see http://www.ubscc.org/ for a sign-up form and map to the
event. If anyone else would like to bring their car please let me know and
I'll try to arrange spaces for us together. This is the largest British car
show in the entire area and they'll be plenty to see. Come on out if you
can!

Ken Montgomery	    Sacramento, CA       VIN #10911  'OUTTIME'
http://www.jps.net/arkham/delorean01.htm    mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu
Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://members.tripod.com/ncdmc/
http://www.dmcnews.com  mailto:directory_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:17:46 -0700
From: "Daniel Bell" <flybell_at_dml_bellsouth.net>
Subject: Deloreans in Louisiana

Does anyone know of any Delorean clubs, or shows in the Louisiana area?

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:37:59 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: key ring on Ebay

Anyone on the list making the key rings as seen on Ebay with the posters?
They are nice looking and would like to speak with the maker.
A side note, thanks to Dave for the fast responce on the virus issue. I have
recieved a few questions about the Cleveland show web site. It is clean and
Ken as posted is up and running. Didnt mean to scare anyone about the subject
but wanted to stop the problem in its tracks. It needs to be said more often
that the guys who run the DML need to be given credit for the thankless job
that they do. So with that said THANKS!!!
Bruce Battles
Von # 06569

Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:58:40 -0500
From: "Phil F" <delorean_at_dml_usfamily.net>
Subject: Re: DMCL Factory Messages/Writing...

Ok, number one.  Nobody has even yet made a 7-speed.  The most gears in any
car is 6.  Second of all the gear ratios would have to be very close
together, that means you would have to shift gears very frequently, like
every 5 mph intervals.
Third there was a test done with a 2000 Mazda Miata 5 & 6-speeds, and the 6
speed accelerated 0-60 in 0.1 seconds faster, who cares about 0.1 seconds.
Fourth, once I sat in a Porsche 911 with a 6-speed with an H shift pattern
with reverse located all the way to the left and up, the other 6 gears were
just like the D's 5-speed + 6th right below 5th gear, well when I tried to
shift into 1st I kept on accidentally shifting into reverse. I don't mean to
discourage you or to sound like this is a dumb idea, but it would be
interesting to try.

-Phil
philf_at_dml_ssesco.com