From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2000 2:59 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 7

From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

From: "MMC" <sliprock_at_dml_pathway.net>

From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com

From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com

From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>

From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>

12. Re: rear shock replacement
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>

13. Re: Digest Number 6
From: "Mike Cutting" <mcutting_at_dml_nt.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:30:02 -0800
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: RE: LA repair shops

Ron - If you live in the LA area don't even consider going anywhere besides
DeLorean Motor Center (13881 West St., Garden Grove, CA 92643, PH:
714-554-6794) for repair work.  If you want mailorder parts, you can call
P.J. Grady, DMC Houston, or we have over 10,000 parts here in inventory.
All of these, and some others not listed, will take good care of you.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:08:44 -0400
From: "MMC" <sliprock_at_dml_pathway.net>
Subject: Insurance Coverage

Having sold my DeLorean and moved to a Corvette convertible I will soon stop
receiving the DMC news but, I would like to add somethiing to the insurance
question that may be of help.

I used Erie Insurance Co., with offices around Pa. and I  think now in
Western New York State.  Maybe Ohio and West Virginia.  Finding them is
worth the effort.

My premiums were roughly $450. per year for full coverage for my DeLorean.
That included a  winter layup from Dec 15 to Mar 15 but no one around here
drives sports cars during that time period anyway.  If they cover your area,
you may want to try them.

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 20:07:43 -0500
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Bouncing messages

With the new eGroups software, bouncing (i.e. mail that comes back to the
sender)  mail is handled a little differently. After three days of bouncing,
the account hits the "bounce" list. Periodically I will send a note to all
bouncing list members, directly from my account.

If the message bounces as "unknown", the person will be unsubscribed.

If the message bounces as "mailbox full" I'll let it go for about a month,
test again, and then delete the account.

If this happens in error, just resubscribe yourself.

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 01:14:24 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re:Door Lock solenoids

This takes about 70 feet of #20 enameled motor (magnet) wire per
coil. Each solenoid has two coils.

Details on other lock repair issues at:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/doorlocks.htm

Dave

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:17:28 EDT
From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Hard Starting.

to List,
I have the problem exactly as descripted.  It starts right away when cold and
idles properly.  It runs find and never overheat.  My problem is hot restart.
 If it start at all, it sputters for a minute or two and then runs fine.
Last night after I stop at a friend for half an hour and it won't start.  I
have to let it cool down for another hour before it will start.  What could
cause that?  Where should I start looking?
Thanks all
Bill

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:50:57 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Repair shop list

Fellow DMCer's,
I have listings for all states except the following:
Delaware,Massachusetts,New Hampshire,Rhode Island,Vermont,
Kentucky,Louisiana, Indiana, Mississippi, Alabama,Maine, Missouri, Arkansas,
Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oregon, West Virginia, Nevada, North Dakota,
South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Alaska, and Hawaii.
If your shop is in any of these sates please email me asap, as the final
typing of the list is almost done. Thank you to all who have sent in shops. I
have tried to respond to all listers, but if I missed answering your email be
sure your shop will be listed. Send any shops to ABatt10347_at_dml_aol.com. I plan
on having the cut off on wed, 4/12/00.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:59:05 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Update DeLorean Car Show "YEAR 2000"

Well while registrations have slowed a bit waiting for the last minute surge
The hotel has been filling up.
About half registered at the hotel have not registered yet for the show
So it looks like the next few weeks could keep me busy
I will say that I have as of today less than 15 rooms left at the Holiday INN
and 6 rooms are gone at the Hampton.  This is equal to my last show so far
and if the trend continues we will be close to the 100 cars

I have as I keep teasing you one more surprise and now maybe two surprises
that I will announce once I get a few more registrations in.  You won't want
to miss this I promise you.

With every registration before the MAY 15th deadline you receive a FREE Color
T-Shirt and a free PIN (Aldo's request for the Eastern Regional Delorean Run
10)  The pins this year are very colorful, 4 color and about twice the size.
The car is silver with color accents.  Extras will be sold at the show for
$5.00 each.

Remember there is a late fee this year of $5.00 if registered after the
deadline.  And unlike last time where I gave everyone free t-shirts no matter
how late I will be cutting them off as of May 15th so I can be sure they are
all there for the show.

The shirt this year is awsome and there are two patterns to choose from.

Thanks again
And don't forget to register and reserve a hotel room

<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">http://deloreancarshow.com</A>

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:46:06 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Coil and ignition computer failures are extremely rare in DeLorean's. If the
fuel accumulator is original or more than 6 years old I would suggest you
replace that item first.

DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 04:05:40 EDT
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DMC Construction?

i recently went on vacation to monterey for some golf, and my family and i
stayed at the Lodge at pebble beach, and they are working on this new section
called "Casa Palmero" and i saw the construction signs and they said DMC
Construction.  is this one of JZD's shell companies or would that be Delorean
Construction?  It just struck me as interesting.

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 08:43:58 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: Re: 97 DeLorean Movie

> After much consternation, the first copy of the 97 DeLorean movie has been made.
> The total movie is 30 minutes long. It includes close up pictures of all the
> improvements and all the options.  It also includes a list of vendors.  There is a
> video of dyno testing the car at Route 66 drag raceway.

I am sending a copy to JZD at his old address.  Hopefully, they will forward it to
him.

If any one is interested in a copy of this movie.  It costs me $10.00 to make a copy
plus mailing costs.

This movie took 3 months works to produce.  Alot more than I expected.  But it
turned out well for a first try.

Bob Brandys

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 08:47:01 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: Re: 97 Time Machine Moview

The next movie about DeLorean Time Machine will be in the works for the next few
months.   We are going to look a digit video camera.  Sony or Canon.   Does anyone
have  any experience with these two brands?

Dr.  bob

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 16:21:17 -0000
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: rear shock replacement

Hi David,
I recommend buying the shocks from that Delorean club.  I used to be
all about trying to find parts that would work for cheap, and what
I've found out is that it's not worth it.  For something like your
shocks, you don't want to mess around.  Just my $.02
Let me know how your car is turning out!  Mine is back in the shop
waiting for more repairs.....its a long and sad story :(

Erik Geerdink
4512

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, Delorean17_at_dml_a...  wrote:
>  Hello,
>     One of my rear Girling shocks is broken in half.  My cross-
reference
> sheet shows that Monroe matic-plus #33049 but says "requires space
washers to
> fit"  is this much of a problem?  I would go and buy those shocks
that one of
> the clubs has for sale on their site but I would rather save a few
extra
> bucks and by something else I need more.(those do look nice though,
I forget

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:05:00 -0400
From: "Mike Cutting" <mcutting_at_dml_nt.net>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 6

greetings...

> What will kill you in price is any kind of comp
> or collision coverage, which most companies will not offer for the car
> anyway.

i am in canada and use the co-operators for my insurance..  granted, i have
2 other vehicles besides my delorean insured with them and my home insurance
is also with them but i only pay about $100 a month for FULL COVERAGE on the
d.  just thought i would pass that along..  if you are in canada and can't
find collision or comp coverage, talk to the co-operators.  they have always
been very good to me.

by the way, i brought the car out of winter storage yesterday..  it was a
beautiful drive home!  i hadn't realized how much i missed the car until i
got behind the wheel again..  unfourtionately, the window stuck halfway..
it's not a big deal though, since i dropped the car off at the shop for an
oil change anyways..  all will be fixed by monday..

:)
Mike Cutting
11434
http://www.nt.net/~mcutting