From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 7:42 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 83

1. Re: My Delorean Stopped Dead in the Water
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

2. Re: When and where in Cleveland?
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>

3. Re: Carpet Color
From: John Yeoman <theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Camshaft
From: "Chris C" <petleech_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:57:35 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: My Delorean Stopped Dead in the Water

I purchased a replacement fitting for this wiring(connector, wires, 2
lugs) for about $9 from one of the DMC suppliers a few years ago.
Kind of expensive for a plug and a couple of lugs, but it was OEM.
Any other quality connector should be functionally equivalent. Saw a
car last week where it was wire nuts and extension-cord wire, that
was probably a LITTLE too crude, but it did work.

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:58:20 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>
Subject: Re: When and where in Cleveland?

visit this web site......http://deloreancarshow.com

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: John Yeoman <theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Carpet Color

Do any 1983 DeLoreans have completely black interiors?

John
#16822 w/ dual color interior

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 01:32:53 -0000
From: "Chris C" <petleech_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Camshaft

We are trying to isolate a rough-running problem in our car. We
suspect the injection system but have tried everything in our ability
with no success. We normally do all the work ourselves
but a bad back problem has forced me to give my car to a local shop.
The local shop has told us that these engines are very prone to
camshaft failure because of a poor lubrication design. Our car has
82k on it. At what mileage do the camshafts start to wear badly and
what are the symptoms? We did a compression test before buying the
car and all readings were between 155 and 165psi. If the camshafts
are bad are they difficult to replace and is there a solution to the
lubrication problem? If this is a very costly procedure is it better
to simply buy a good used VOLVO B28 engine? Is the engine from th
volvo car identical to the DMC engine and does it mate directly to
the DMC gearbox?