From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 8:24 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: Digest Number 88

1. Re: Refurbished DMCs
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?
From: Steve <steve_at_dml_psychonet.net>

3. Models
From: "yugoman" <mdrig_at_dml_email.msn.com>

4. DeLorean Car Show final Update
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Re: Refurbished DMCs
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Rotor cross reference?
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_ketchum.com>

7. Re: Refurbished DMCs
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

8. Re: Stainless Steel Letters.
From: thai vu <thaiqvu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. VIN 6362 For Sale
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

10. Re: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?
From: efren hicks <marty_mcflyJr_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. DMC RECOMMENDED S. S. POLISH
From: VOYAG55139_at_dml_aol.com

12. RE: Refurbished DMCs
From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

13. i found vin 4267 for sale, want info
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: fuel pump woes and polished wheels
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

15. Cleveland
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

16. DMCNews Updated//New Info on Body Dies
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:34:18 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Refurbished DMCs

If you are interested in a new or refurbished "2000" delorean take a
look at the cars that will be competing in the concours judging in
Cleavland.Those cars will be the closest thing to a new delorean that
there is and I am sure some of them will be for sale at a lot less
than $50k.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, "Gus Schlachter" <gus_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> I sincerely doubt that the extraordinarily high price is due to Ed
using
> "quality parts".  D1 is just trying to make a market for the cars as
> "high-end", which is just fine by me.  I'd really be surprised if
they had
> any takers at the $50k price tag, though.  And somehow, I'm sure
it's the
> DML's fault.  :-)
>
> If I recall, Ed was initially selling his refurbs for a much lower
price,
> with the cost going up incrementally each year.  I think they were
at $40k
> last year and are $50k now.  Do you really believe that, starting
January 1,
> they put an extra $10k in parts and labors into the cars?
>

> Gus Schlachter
> Austin, TX
> VIN# 4695

bit
more.

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve <steve_at_dml_psychonet.net>
Subject: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?

Hi group,

As my list of hobbies includes radio control cars I want a radio control
DeLorean go with my real one. It seems one existed years ago as a
DeLorean world from 1992 has a RC version listed in an advertisment from
DeLorean Specialites. It was 1/12 scale with a lexan body, if anyone has
one of these or knows more about its origins please let me know.

I doubt I'll be able to track down one of the 1/12 scale model kits though
so I am also
working on another idea. The BTTF 1/24 model kits might just work with
some 1/24 scale RC equipment I have. If anyone has one of the 1/24 AMT
model kits can you tell me the width of the plastic body and the length
between the wheels? If it happens to fit it would provide a 1/24 scale D
that goes super fast for its size, has a real diff and even some
suspension.

thanks for any help that can be provided!

Steve

steve_at_dml_dmc12.net  vin5439

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 07:52:35 -0400
From: "yugoman" <mdrig_at_dml_email.msn.com>
Subject: Models

The June issue of hemmings on pages 4574-4575 has ad for The Collector's
Guild, they feature die-cast models for sale, at
http://www.collectorsguild.on.ca, phone 1-800-653-0251. Didn't see a
DeLorean but with about a thousand list members perhaps we could show them
enough interest to warrant marketing a model DMC, if they don't already have
one :^)

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 08:29:48 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Car Show final Update

Hi

Well its almost time
I haven't lost too much hair over it but the numbers keep growing
As of Sunday morning we have a total of 280 people registered. And we are
going to be close to the 100 car mark
There are 80 cars registered for judging compared to 56 at Cincinnati with
about 20 cars coming that will be part of the show but chose not to have
their cars judged compared to 15 at Cincinnati.

You can pick up your registration packets with the tickets at Shooters on
Thursday night (after I get there) or all day Friday at the Holiday Inn. or
at The Dinner at the Crawford.

You will be given a name tag
You must have the name tag to be served at both the Crawford and the Science
center.  That is your ticket.. It will be given to you at the Crawford or the
Science Center as you enter.  Unpaid balances or changes are due at this time.

Now for the fun stuff

Two years ago the web page predicted 100 cars and up to 300 people.
Well I think we are almost there
We are represented by 28 states and two foreign countries (besides Canada)
Cars are coming from most of these states.
DMC Houston will host the Concourse part of the show
The DCO of Ohio with Mike Substelny will be hosting the two Driving Ralleys
so if you have any questions please ask Mike ( I know nothing)
The show is a sellout for Friday with John Z Delorean.  I had to close it as
of today
we are at the 250 max.

John is looking forward to meeting you all and as of Saturday He still plans
to talk Friday and be at the show mid afternoon through the group pictures at
4:45 and the Science Center dinner Saturday)

Saturday there is still a few spaces left.

The location of the show if you haven't been paying attention to the postings
has changed from between the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Science Center to
behind the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on the E-9th Street Dock.

This is a Brick Dock and if your car has any oil leak problems please bring
something to put under it.  This area is not normally used for car traffic so
we are responsible to keep it clean.

Parking

Holiday Inn -$10.00 per day in out privelages attached to the hotel.
Science Center- $5.00 per day in out privelages next to the Science Center
about a 3 minute walk from the hotel.
Port Authority- NO CARS Behind the Science Center and Cleveland Browns
Stadium  $5.00 per day in out privelages. (You must park here if you have a
trailer or motor home no exceptions and note you will NOT be able to manuver
if you try to do the Holiday Inn so drop off on Lakeside Ave then drive down
to the parking lot) 4 min walk.

Dress is casual for all events

BRING SUNSCREEN   We are right on the lake you will Fry in the sun w/o it
Sun cover is minimal  I remember a few red bodies from the last show.

Vendors  ( I got 18 responses)

There are 22 tables available, 220 chairs Take a table and chair when you get
there Saturday Morning and set up on the grassy brick area identified on the
maps (we will go over this at the show)  Left over chairs may be used by car
owners.

Food is available for lunch at a number of local resturaunts or Mc Donalds in
the Science Center.

Come and enjoy yourselves to the Biggest Delorean event of the year and maybe
the century????

Thank you all who have contributed and especially to those of you who plan to
attend.

This will truely be a collection of rare Deloreans plus a fine collection of
the DMC12

Ken Koncelik
Sponsor of
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">DeLorean Car Show "YEAR 2000"</A>

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:32:08 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Refurbished DMCs

Daves statement is true
There are going to be cars for sale at the Cleveland show
But there is one exception
The Gold car is for sale
Last listed price was around $200,000
any takers???

I know of 4 for sale besides the Gold one.
Great time for a prospective buyer to come and get it checked out with all
the DeLorean Service people on hand.

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:44:47 -0400
From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand_at_dml_ketchum.com>
Subject: Rotor cross reference?

It came to me in a dream last night...

The rear calipers for a D are from a Jaguar... and although the Jag has
5-bolt wheels, their caliper mounts onto the axle with 4 bolts.  It has
that kind of "top hat" design, too.  That's very similar to the D.  If
you look at http://www.welshent.com/brakes.htm , you'll see the shape is
familiar.  Will it fit?

Also, on a hunch, I checked out 1976 Mercury Capris (front brake
interchange).  They use 4-bolt wheels.  I wonder if their front discs
would fit?

Just something to investigate if any of you out there in D-land need
rotors soon.  Let us know what you find out!

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927
http://www.projectvixen.com

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:28:54 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

A very well kept, original DeLorean should be worth more than $50,000.

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: thai vu <thaiqvu_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel Letters.

Don Steger at DMC in Garden Grove, California has the
letters for $59 and other letters too.  His phone # is
714) 554-6794.

--- aabclafon_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
> Me again,
>
> Does anyone know where i can find ( in the U.S. )
> the Stainless Steel
> Delorean letters  that go on the rear bumber?    I
> only found one site, that
> had them, but
> they were out of the U.S.
>
> Also, I notice many people on the DML who sign with
> their name and Vin #.  Any
> significance on signing with your Vin #?
>
> Thanks Again
> Dave
>

> Before posting messages or replies, see the posting
> policy rules at:
> www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

> team, please address:
> moderator_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:54:23 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: VIN 6362 For Sale

Dear DML,

    I am saddened to hear that DeLorean Owners John G. Terry passed away. He
was a very nice, interesting person to talk to. I really learned a lot about
the DeLorean from him. Unfortunately John has a series of health problems
which prevented him from driving the car. He always kept it in excellent
mechanical and cosmetic condition. He told me that the DMC was his retirement
toy. He was the first person to bring a DeLorean car to the Bowie British Car
Day at Allens Lake, Bowie Maryland.
    His family member Jimmie Terry has become the executor of John's estate.
The Family would like to help this very nice car find a good home.
I can provide you the details of the car below.

    1981 DeLorean. Original Owner. Automatic. 9,500 miles from new.   Imron
Ferrari RED paint from DuPont. New owner can have the paint removed to reveal
a superb stainless body.  Has the relief lines on the hood without gas flap.
Gray Leather interior is in excellent condition. The car still smells like a
new DeLorean. All updates (relay, electrical, etc.) and parts from DeLorean
One, California. New Tires, Recent fuel and ignition tune up. Fly in and
drive home.

For further information please e-mail me privately or contact Jim at the
address below.

Jimmie Terry, Jr.
263 Scoville NW
Orangeburg, SC 29115
803-534-6404
e-mail llterry_at_dml_gateway.net

Sincerely,

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: efren hicks <marty_mcflyJr_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?

steve

i heard u can get a remote control car that comes in a
tube and use the deloreans outer stuff.i saw this in a
back issuse of the dml. but if u are interested ,i
have a delorean r/c car for sale if u or any one on
the list wants it its still in its original boxs with
manuels and every thing. just make me an offer!

efren

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:17:42 EDT
From: VOYAG55139_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DMC RECOMMENDED S. S. POLISH

STAINLESS STEEL POLISH
Aerosol Stainless Steel Compound

USDA A7

GENERAL DESCRIPTION
STAINLESS STEEL POLISH is an aerosol product designed to preserve and protect
the appearance of all metal surfaces in one simple spray and wipe operation.
STAINLESS STEEL POLISH leaves a unique greaseless coating which resists
further soiling.

          BENEFITS
   Safe formulation containing all edible Ingredients and no harmful
chemicals.
   Removes water spots.
   Does not leave a greasy film.
 Easy and economical to use-

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES Phosphate Content;  Nil Chlorine Content    Nil
Formula Type: Water based formulation

PACKAGING 6-x 18 ounce cans $62.50 delivered

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Appearance: White foam aerosol spray Odor   Nil
Solubility: N/A

RECOMMENDED DISPENSERS
None needed

HOW TO USE:
Spray sparingly over surface.  Wipe with a clean damp cloth.  For heavily
soiled surfaces, allow foam to remain up to a minute before wiping.  Polish
to a bright finish with a clear, dry cloth.

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:17:00 -0500
From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

It should be.  But it isn't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=339273797&
r=0&t=0

This link shows a stored DMC with only 6k miles go for $15,000.  I think I
could manage to clean it up to like-new condition for the $35,000 price
difference.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:19:12 EDT
From: bluevelvet420_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: i found vin 4267 for sale, want info

what info could we infer about 4267?
hoodlines?
recalls?
gasflaps?

oh and by the way, schools out, the hunt for my D is on

-greg

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:28:53 -0800
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Re: fuel pump woes and polished wheels

Cliff - I would recommend that at the very least you replace your fuel pump
boot (the rubber tube it fits in) and the pump itself.  If your pump is the
early style, where the outlet hose at the top is fastened by a hollow bolt,
instead of the late style (hollow stud with an acorn nut), you need to
upgrade to the later style anyway.  You will need to change the hose fitting
and purchase the nut if upgrading.  All of the major suppliers have them.
The boot is $59.95; the pump $159.95; the fitting and nut about $15.00.  If
the rubber fuel pump cover is stiff and no longer covers the boot and pump
properly, replace it too ($39.95).  That should cure your noise and gas
smell problems, and add years of reliability.

As for polished wheels, I have had them and also chromed stock wheels.  I
much prefer chrome as it is maintenance free and looks the sharpest.  Check
the picture of my wheels in the e-groups files under "superchargedChevDMC"
(http://www.egroups.com/files/dmcnews/superchargedChevyDMC/blwnawy.jpg).
I've been driving mine over 5 years now with no problems whatsoever.  Check
with local chrome platers - should run around $150 per wheel.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:40:19 -0800
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Cleveland

In case anyone is wondering, I will not be driving "BLWNAWY", my
supercharged Chevy powered DeLorean, to Cleveland after all.  The car and I
are ready to go, but other family matters preclude us from driving that far
or attending at all. I had planned to tow the well known "Half-DeLorean"
trailer, and was looking forward to meeting John Z. again, but maybe next
time.  Best wishes to Ken and crew for a good event.  The good news is that
I am cancelling my reservation at the Holiday Inn, which will free up a room
for someone else.  Hope everyone has a blast.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:20:34 -0500
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: DMCNews Updated//New Info on Body Dies

A couple of weeks ago I received an email with some exciting, never before
seen information on a topic that often comes up for discussion among
DeLorean fans.

It has often been reported that after the demise of the DeLorean Motor
Company in 1982, the stamping dies that were used to manufacture the
stainless steel body panels for the DeLorean car were dumped into the ocean
by the British Government.  This is one of those tales that is repeated
often, without any proof of fact.
. . . Well - - out of the blue (actually cyberspace) comes some new
evidence.

Read the rest of this story, and see the accompanying photos, on the
www.dmcnews.com Web Page. The link to the story is on the main page.

Also - New Pix of the Month, MyDMC, and many new Car-for-Sale ads. Check it
all out!

See you in Cleveland - be sure and stop by the DMCNews Table and say hi to
the moderators. Not much to sell this time (real life got in the way), but
we'd love to meet you.

for Marty, Mike S, Mike G, Knut, and Bruce.