From: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 7:01 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 89

1. Car Show Registration THURSDAY CLARIFICATION
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

2. Thursday night tour Correction/Clarification
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

3. Tour CDs "Sold Out"
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

4. Driving Tour: What to Expect
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

5. Riverside, CA 91 west
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com

6. R12
From: "doctor who" <ohwrd_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Seat replacement
From: "Craig Clarke" <delorean007_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. RE: i found vin 4267 for sale, want info
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

9. Lee Isler
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>

10. Loose Fuel Baffle Assembly in Gas Tank
From: gschroe_at_dml_writeme.com

11. Re: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_netunlimited.net>

12. Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...
From: "Empress Ballroom" <empressballroom_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Re: Refurbished DMCs
From: Ann & Ed Thompson <rapparivarat_at_dml_erols.com>

14. parts prices
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>

15. Re: R134a
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

16. Re: Polished wheels from houston
From: "Empress Ballroom" <empressballroom_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?
From: breafdlaine_at_dml_aol.com

18. ECU & Fuel System
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

19. 81 D for Sale
From: mbomberger_at_dml_analysts.com

20. R/C racing cars
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

21. Who to buy from? (Was: '00 DeLorean?)
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

22. Re: DMCNews Updated//New Info on Body Dies
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

23. Wreck
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>

24. Carfax History on VIN:[SCEDT26T8BD004711]
From: mbomberger_at_dml_analysts.com

25. Clutch Slave Cylinder .. Secret?
From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:45:12 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Car Show Registration THURSDAY CLARIFICATION

Ken Koncelik said:

> An agenda sheet and a reminder to which events you signed  up for will be
> handed out with the T-shirts on Thursday . . .

It is very important that everyone who is coming Thursday evening check in at
the Holiday Inn first to get their admission ticket and directions.  My wife,
Patti Substelny, will be in the Holiday Inn lobby and I will be outside in the
driveway.  Check in with either one of us anytime between 6:00 and 7:30 to get
your evening started.  Please have $20 per person on hand to buy your admission
ticket.  The price is for the cost of the party room and buffet.

The admission ticket is all you need to get into the party.  Parking in any lot
will be about $8.  By special arrangement, we have our own section of the valet
lot set aside for DeLoreans to self park.

When you arrive at the party, other DCO members will be there to welcome you.
When Richard arrives at the party you can get your name tags.  When Ken arrives
you can get your packets, T-shirts, and other stuff.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:12:08 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Thursday night tour Correction/Clarification

I wrote a message the other night stating that the show information packets
and T-shirts could be picked up from me on Thursday night.   I ended up
naming a few places I was going to be at but it DOES NOT change the plans for
the Thursday Orientation Cruise.  If you are doing the Orientation Cruse you
have to go to the Holiday Inn to pick up tickets to get in according to your
packet information.  The end location is even a surprise to me I am going to
be all around and inadvertantly put down a place I was meeting some people
later.

My apologies.

I will have the overall agenda packets and T-shirts with me at that time but
it does not have anything to do with the Thursday tour.

Again follow the flyers you received in the mail for instructions or contact

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:46:17 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Tour CDs "Sold Out"

As you know, Patti and I have prepared a 90 minute audio cassette to
accompany next Friday's "Nobody Gets Lost Driving Tour and Rock & Roll
Road Rally."

Thanks to a generous rebate (100%) from OfficeMax and the overwhelming
enthusiasm of a certain college student where I work, we were able to
offer the sound track on two CDs for anyone who wanted it.
Unfortunately, my college student's CD production has hit its capacity.
We just took a reservation for the last CD set that he can make before
Friday (Marc Levy, that's you).

We can still make more cassettes as needed.

Unless you have already notified me that you need CDs, you will be
getting a cassette.  If anyone else does not have a cassette player in
your car, I recommend that you bring a portable cassette player along.

Note that the audio accompaniament was designed and recorded as a
cassette.  The cassette has better sound quality and is easier to use
than the CDs.

See you in a few days!

- Mike Substelny

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:08:19 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Driving Tour: What to Expect

The last time I looked, registration for Friday's "Nobody Gets Lost
Driving Tour and Rock & Roll Road Rally" was FOUR TIMES greater than we
expected and still growing.

I know some people enjoy these events a lot more when they know what to
expect.  If you (or your navigator) fall into this category, here are
some details to improve your (their) comfort level:

START (9:30-10:00AM)
The first leg starts in the street just behind the Great Lakes Science
Center, right outside the Science Center parking garage.  Both hotels
are about one minute away.  If you are parked in a different garage,
just drive your car toward the Rock Hall where a DCO volunteer will be
standing in the street to point the way.  Outside the Science Center
Garage another DCO Volunteer will be passing out a briefing sheet for
your navigator to read while you move into position for launch.

Each car will get a folder full of tour materials and a cassette (or
CD).  We have more cars than a Royal Funeral.  Driving through city
traffic, we cannot possibly stay together, so Patti and I will be
passing out the folders and cassettes to one car at a time.  As soon as
you put your cassette in your player you can leave.  The cars will be 20
seconds apart, so you should have one or two cars in sight most of the
time.

If you need to park your car to put CDs into your player, please arrive
at 9:15 or so.

Your materials will include a hang tag for your rearview mirror which
identifies you as a tour participant.  It also gives your group number
(see below) and the balloon code.

In addition to the map and directions, the route will be marked with
balloons.  Red for right, bLue for left.  In some places White will mean
go straight.

STOP 1 (arrive 10:00-10:30)
After 30 minutes you will arrive at NASA Glenn.  The driver of every car
must show identification (license or passport) for the car to be
admitted.  Ask for the Visitor Center.  The Visitor Center is a free
museum, and they will be showing a special movie for our tour.  Outside
NASA could be a good spot for pictures.  Check the group number on your
hang tag to see when to leave NASA for lunch.

LUNCH (arrive 11:30-12:30)
We will have lunch at the 100th Bomb Group, a WWII aviation theme
restaurant.  It is just down the street from NASA and has full sized
WWII aircarft outside, so this could also be a good spot for pictures.
We will order from a limited menu.  Lunches cost between $11 and $14,
including a soft drink, tax, and tip.

DCO volunteers will settle the lunch check and help to get everyone
launced on the second leg of the Tour.

STOP 2 (arrive 1:00 - 2:00)
The secong leg ends in Lakeview Cemetary, where the President James A.
Garfield Memoral is located.  As you enter the cemetary turn left and
you will see me standing there to greet you.  I will direct you to the
President Garfield Memorial, where Patti and other DCO volunteers will
meet you and serve free ice cream.  This is another great place for
pictures.

DCO volunteers will launch you on the third leg.  CD users must change
disks for leg 3.  The third leg takes you through the Shaker Lakes
region

END (3:00 or later)
The route ends at the freeway ramp where the tour began.  You will have
a few free hours to see Downtown Cleveland or get cleaned up for the
banquet at the Crawford.

MAPS
We have marked your tour maps with some historic spots, plus the
locations of a few gas stations.  To help those who want to clean their
DeLoreans Saturday morning, the maps include two self-serve car washes,
a Wal Mart and a Kmart.

If you have any questions please contact me.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:09:12 EDT
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Riverside, CA 91 west

I saw a nice lookin' DeLorean on the freeway headin' westbound on the 91
freeway in riverside, ca.  it was right behind me (78 nova) for a ways. i was
just wonderin if  your on the list, and pay you the compliment

  jay
VIN---  still on the hunt

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:17:48 PDT
From: "doctor who" <ohwrd_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: R12

Does anyone have access to cans of R-12 refrigerant. I need a can or two to
top off my system but I dont wanna pay the ACE $65 for 2lbs worth.

thanx,
dr c.

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:19:06 MDT
From: "Craig Clarke" <delorean007_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Seat replacement

Cliff,

A couple of years ago I saw a DMC with a set of seats from an early
90's Trans Am.  The seats looked great and matched the grey of the
DeLorean interior almost perfectly.

You have at least one choice, I'm sure a lot of seats can be easily
fit into the D.  Hope this helps

Craig

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:31:34 -0700
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: RE: i found vin 4267 for sale, want info

All the cars around that vin number that we have in the DeLorean Owners
Directory Are grey interior, hoodlines, no gas flap.

Ken Montgomery	    Sacramento, CA       VIN #10911  'OUTTIME'
http://www.jps.net/arkham/delorean01.htm	 mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu
Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://members.tripod.com/ncdmc/
http://www.dmcnews.com  mailto:directory_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Lee Isler

Lee,

     Please call or email me.  Your email, 'snail mail' address, and phone
number all 'bounced' or were changed.  Regarding the DeLorean models.
Thanks!
Joe Fedeli
fedeli_at_dml_excite.com
Voice Mail: 1-888-392-4832 ext.800-441-1837
Fax: 1-888-392-4832 ext. 800-441-1837*

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 05:00:00 -0000
From: gschroe_at_dml_writeme.com
Subject: Loose Fuel Baffle Assembly in Gas Tank

I believe I have traced my stalling problem down to a freefloating
fuel baffle in the gas tank.  When I removed the pump I found the
fuel baffle assembly (with the tank attaching bolt and nut still
attached to the pan type baffle handle) free floating inside the
tank.  So the bolt stud which was attached with some kind of glue or
epoxy has come loose allowing the baffle to free float.  My question
is has anyone had any luck re-attaching this stud to the inner of the
tank with a gas proof high end epoxy or the like.  I'm open to ideas,
it seems stupid to replace a perfectly good tank because a stud has
come off inside.  Any thoughts or solutions (I am leary of just
getting a new tank and have this happen again) would be
appreciated.

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:00:45 -0400
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_netunlimited.net>
Subject: Re: Do you have a 1/12 or 1/24 scale DeLorean model?

Steve,

Parma used to have a DMC12 1/12 scale body.  I bought two of them years ago.
One was painted gold and the other orange.  I successfully removed the paint
from one and painted it silver, black etc. but the other one was destroyed
trying to remove the paint.

While at the Weak Signals show in Toledo in April,  I talked with one of the
r/c car people in the swap shop about the Parma body.  He said that Parma
never destroys any of its molds and that I could maybe get some pressed.  I
have not had time to follow through on this tip.  Maybe you can.  I would love
to have a couple more myself.

E-mail me at blane_at_dml_netunlimited.net if you have any success.

Bill Lane
Vin 3635

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:44:05 GMT
From: "Empress Ballroom" <empressballroom_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Dave:

I have an original old compressor that needs a new seal. I replaced it with
one from PJ Grady. The old compressor is one of the only parts I have left
besides the wheels. Whatever you want to offer me for it is fine, it's just
sitting anyway.

-empress

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:56:52 -0400
From: Ann & Ed Thompson <rapparivarat_at_dml_erols.com>
Subject: Re: Refurbished DMCs

> senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com wrote:
>
> A very well kept, original DeLorean should be worth more than $50,000.

So why then haven't I sold mine ("very well kept, original") at $20,000?
Listed at: <http://www.dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/dmcforsale.html#117>

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:54:00 -0000
From: "Erik Geerdink" <delorean502_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: parts prices

You know, DMC parts really aren't that expensive!  My 1996 VW Golf
needs a new OS2 sensor.....actually it needs 2 of them.  One BEFORE
the cat and one AFTER.  Total comes to $263!!

Erik Geerdink

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:38:30 -0400
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>
Subject: Re: R134a

Your best bet is to stick with R-12

<SNIP>

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:38:37 GMT
From: "Empress Ballroom" <empressballroom_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Polished wheels from houston

To Cliff and everyone else on the DML:

My club is coming along and I really need cash so I am offering my set of
custom wheels for $1000 plus shipping.

They can be seen at www.geocities.com/deloreanwheels

Some stats:
15" front- 215/50R15
16" rear-245/50R15
Toyo Proxes low profile tires
includes centercaps, new locking lug set and lug tool

Whole set is less than 1 year old.

Anyone interested E-mail me or call 203.733.7527

-Empress

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:35:05 EDT
From: breafdlaine_at_dml_aol.com

What kind of price are you looking for?

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:41:08 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: ECU & Fuel System

Since the day that 6585 arrived we've gotten very poor gas mileage.
Somewhere in the range of 12-14 mpg. While she passed emissions with
flying colors (HC 14 PPM _at_dml_ 775+ RPM), whenever the engine cold
starts, it sprays out wet black particles all over out of the
tailpipes. The oxygen sensor looks to be brand new, but the exhaust
always smells rich. My question is how to I check the pulse ratio of
the frequency valve? Before I run out and buy a new LAMBDA ECU, I'd
rather check to make sure that the problem isn't a grounded
microswitch, or something else causing a constant overide of the
oxygen sensor. I tapped into the Diagnostic Plug, but I can't detect
any readings from the ECU wire. Granted though all I have is a cheap
multimeter from Wal Mart, so I may not be able to detect lower
voltage with it.

The other problem that we're having is a hot start problem. Cold, the
car starts with little or no hesitation. But once it has warmed up,
turned off, and then sits for at least 40 minutes or so, it takes at
least 5-8 steady cranks to start her. When we purchased the car, we
were told that the accumulator was new, and looking at it, it does
appear that way. Last night it took the air box off, and observed the
following: After running the car and then shutting it off, the air
flow sensor plate had the normal amount of resistance behind it. But
after about 20 or so minutes, you could push the plate down about 1/4
to 1/3 of the way down before you felt any resistance. Obviously it
sounds like my fuel system can't hold it's pressure, but the question
is where. Is there any way to determine if the problem is the
Primary Pressure Regulator, a check valve (if so, which one?), or
something
else? The fuel pump is new, but is it's check valve inside, or can I
replace the valve & not the entire pump (if that's the case)?

I know that this is alot for just one posting, but I really would
appriciate any and all ideas that everyone might have. Thanks in
advance!

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:01:43 -0500
From: mbomberger_at_dml_analysts.com
Subject: 81 D for Sale

Here is the (correct) Vin # for the car in Dallas for Sale:  SCEDT26T88BD00471
Sorry about the confusion!

1981 40,612 miles   Grey Interior  5 Spd.     BAE Turbo      Engine bay in
pristine condition with S/S header bottle
Non original Alpine receiver  Built in K40 radar   Goodyear Eagle RH's F195/R235
looked new     Leather is Avg.
Stainless is in good condition 1 small indention on the T panel   Fascia's in
good shape       Frame is in good condition
Comes with Tech Manual

The car drove very well - the A/C worked fine, all the other electricals
appeared to be in good condition.  All the gaps in the panels
were uniform and it didn't appear to of been in any type of accident.  I don't
have prior ownership history as its at a wholesale car lot
(indoors).  They don't know what to do with it.  They have $12K in it but will
take $10k to move it.  I've exhausted my resources looking
for a way to purchase the vehicle, but didn't want to stand in the way of
someone else realizing their dream.  Overall I would rank this car a
6.5 out of 10.

Here's what the car needs:

Headliner Engine louver       Weatherstripping     Pulls for both doors
Drivers window needs work (offtrack)
Carpet         Brakes squeak       A good detailing!

SCEDT26T88BD00471        Oct. 1981

Please contact me offline for more info.
Mbomberger_at_dml_analysts.com

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:31:25 -0400
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: R/C racing cars

Back in 1991-1992 Delorean One had also come out with a R/C car with the
lexan body.  Not sure if Ed still has any available or if Steve at DMC
knows where to get them as he was still a part of D-1 when these came
out.

These would be a couple of places to check.

Tom

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:16:56 -0400
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>
Subject: Who to buy from? (Was: '00 DeLorean?)

I find it funny that with all of the "Ed Bashing" that has been done on
the DML in the past, I dont recall any negative comments about the
quality of work from Ed, or Delorean One.  The negative comments have
always been targeted towards the way Ed chooses to do business.

With that said, why do you find it necessary to attack the quality of
work from one the big and well respected DeLorean service providers?
When someone (anyone) makes such a comment, it will generally reduce the
credibility of all of that persons comments.

FYI:  I have never used DMC Houston, or DeLorean One for service to my
car.  I do however trust that the quality of their work is good based on
their reputation.

A recent conversation with Rob Grady (who does much of the service on my
car) also revealed that he sells "restored" DeLoreans.  I dont remember
what the price was.

As far as the price difference between the different service facilities,
I would guess that like in any other business it is a matter of "what
it's worth".  For whatever reason Ed has decided that it is not worth
his trouble to restore a DeLorean and sell it for less than 50K, I dont
think it is issue of "Quality Parts" and "Done Right" when comparing all
of the respected DeLorean professionals.

BTW, 30K vs 50K is more that "a little bit more".

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:06:55 -0400
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>
Subject: Re: DMCNews Updated//New Info on Body Dies

I seem to remember someone posting a message to the DML that SCUBA
divers had been out to view the dies sometime last year, and that they
were still there... Destroyed, but there.

I am a SCUBA diver, but have never been on the other side of "The
Pond"... Maybe a SCUBA photographer can snap some pictures of the dies
where they rest?  It would bring closure to the whole issue, as sad as
it may be.

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:39:38 -0400
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net>
Subject: Wreck

Hello everyone,
Last friday as I was driving my D a disaster struck. A 19 year-old girl who
just got her license didn't stop at a STOP sign and pulled right in front of
me. I had almost no time to react. She was going pretty fast and by the time
I saw her, she was about 5 - 6 feet in front of me. I survived the crash
with no injuries, but the DeLorean..... it had to be towed home. She got a
ticket for not stoping on the stop sign and for not yielding to cross
traffic. Her insurance will pay for repairs, but for me.... It took me over
3 years and almost $8000 to restore this car and get it back on the road. I
just started driving it about 4 weeks ago. So far I put about 400 miles on
the car and this has happened. The good thing is that the frame seems to be
intact.... so the car will be repaired.
I'm starting to think that I was not meant to own a DeLorean.

Take care everyone, and drive carfully.... VERY CAREFULLY

Tom Niemczewski
tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:28:26 -0500
From: mbomberger_at_dml_analysts.com
Subject: Carfax History on VIN:[SCEDT26T8BD004711]

I ran a check on this car this morning and it came up clean.  Looks like it was
originally an Oklahoma car.  It has passed it's last emissions test in April.
Hope this helps!

Here is the contact for the auto:

Curtis Ashley  (214) 908-3636

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:56:23 -0700
From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com>
Subject: Clutch Slave Cylinder .. Secret?

  Howdy All...

	For all of you that have replaced your clutch slave cylinder
.... what's the secret for getting it in place .... I was able to remove
the old one with only minor cussing .. and the line/master cylinder was
easy.

	But what is the magic trick to get the clutch fork pin into the
cylinder then into it's seat...??   Do I have to remove the heater "T"
line that's right above it?

  Thanks...

Michael.Fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com
Manager, Software Development, Dittybase Inc.
www.dittybase.com