From: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 349
Date: Monday, January 01, 2001 5:26 AM

1. Re: Re: NCT's in Concours
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: NCT's in Concours
From: "scottmueller.al" <scottmueller.al_at_dml_netzero.net>

3. Re: Gas Lines From Fuel Pump
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: need clarification about lasagna heat shield
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>

5. Re: Dealer stripe
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

6. Re: Dealer stripe
From: frederick m rahn <rickaye1_at_dml_juno.com>

7. Cruise control installation
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>

8. Happy New Year
From: "scottmueller.al" <scottmueller.al_at_dml_netzero.net>

9. ADMIN: Mail Delivery
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

10. Rose Bowl parade (little DeLorean content)
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:45:11 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: NCT's in Concours

As some of you noted to me after the Cleveland show and after the Cincinnati
show, the issue of tires got a lot of questions.  The judges were looking and
marking the tpe and condition of tires even on the daily drivers.  This is
standard on other shows and to put it simply a person with original tires
should be rewarded for them,  however if in bad shape or worn then a new set
of clean tires would help in the appearance.  There is a bias towards
original tires but what you gain in originals unless perfect will be lost as
the condition deteriorates.  I agree with Knut and but as far as the points I
leave that to the judges they have been consistant in both concourse and
general and that in itelf is important and it will get better as time goes on.

Ken
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">deloreancarshow.com</A>

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 09:33:52 -0600
From: "scottmueller.al" <scottmueller.al_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: NCT's in Concours

NCT's That are in legal usable condition should score higher than a
correctly sized alternate brand tire in like condition.  New alternate brand
tires should score less than legal NCT's.

Scott Mueller
scottmueller.al_at_dml_netzero.net
1981/002981  DOA5031/DMCNEWS

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 09:45:52
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Lines From Fuel Pump

I found the IDENTICAL part at a hydrolics co. in Tulsa for a fraction of the
"usual" cost.    Drive Stainless    Robert    VIN 6924

Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:47:28 -0500
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: need clarification about lasagna heat shield

Walter (and everyone else interested),

I have constructed a S.S. sheet metal (double layer) heat shield to go
between the belts and muffler.  There are pictures of this in the files
section of e-groups.  I have been running this way for about 2 years now and
have not had any problems.  The sheet immediately next to the muffler shows
some slight discoloration only in the one spot that actually touches the
muffler (due to a rivet in the muffler or something).  The second sheet,
next to the belts, does not show any heat damage.  In fact, it looks the
same as the day I installed it.  I made the rearmost sheet with a little
"scoop" at the bottom in an effort to guide air in-between the two sheets
effectively having an air insulation gap.  If you have any additional
questions about this, e-mail me privately.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345

<<I was wondering if a piece of sheet metal would work as good, but I
suppose not.>>

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 07:11:46 -0000
From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>
Subject: Re: Dealer stripe

Maybe by gently heating the stripe with a heat gun on a low setting,
you can soften the glue and stripe enough to allow you to remove it.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com, "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio_at_dml_j...> wrote:
> Well... my fender is destroyed but the stripe is in pretty good
shape. The
> problem is that I can't take it off without tearing it into pieces.
Maybe
> someone can tell me how to remove the stripe without destroing it?
After

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:03:04 -0500
From: frederick m rahn <rickaye1_at_dml_juno.com>

REF: DEALER STRIPE.
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING A HEAT GUN.  PROPERLY USED, YOU COULD
POSSIBLE HEAT THE OLD BONDING MATERIAL ENOUGH TO ALLOW THE STRIPE TO BE
REMOVED.  BE CARFULL THOUGH, AS TO NOT MELT THE STRIPE IT SELF.

OFFICER RICK

IF GOD DROVE A CAR, IT WOULD BE A DELOREAN.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:34:28 -0500
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>
Subject: Cruise control installation

Santa brought a cruise control for my car this year and I am in the process of installing it and have a question for the group. The throttle cable from the command module is about 12" too long. Cutting the cable seems the logical answer but then I lose the ball end and also risk pinching the cable jacket. I tried making a loop but then its too short. Any suggestions????

Dave Sontos
VIN 02573
NRA Member

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:41:01 -0600
From: "scottmueller.al" <scottmueller.al_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Happy New Year

Hope you had a great Christmas Holiday and we wish you the very best
throughout the New Year 2001.
We have had a great 2000 and are looking forward to the years to follow.

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:12:05 -0600
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Mail Delivery

I've noticed for the past week or two that there seems to be some delivery
problem with the real-time email from eGroups. I can tell by the speed of
replies to posts that it is not a universal problem. I noticed it for a
while at one of my "test" accounts on Excite, and have received a few
complaints from AOL subscribers.

There's nothing that I can do about it since it seems to be on the receiving
server end. I believe that some of the major services (like AOL) look at
eGroups mail as potential spam and treat it with a lower priority. It could
just be an "internet thing".

You can always check the eGroups site, messages appear there within seconds
of being moderated. The URL for this is http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:45:07 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Rose Bowl parade (little DeLorean content)

Former moderator and longtime DML'er, Dick "Raddad" Ryan is due to
return from his year-long 'round the world bike ride tomorrow by
ending where it started - the Rose Bowl Parade with the rest of the
Odyssey 2000 riders. Not sure if the parade will show them, but it
might be fun to watch.

James