From: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_egroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 371
Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 5:20 PM

1. Re: silly question...
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com

2. ORLANDO January 20
From: "Randy Stribling" <estribl1_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>

3. DOA membership worthwhile?
From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

4. re:ss frame
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>

5. Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: silly question...
From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com

7. RE: Original Dealers
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>

8. Re: Original Dealers
From: DLoff80_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: silly question... - Does DeLorean own his own car
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

10. DeLorean Car Covers
From: rbrogren_at_dml_aol.com

11. Upcoming Purchase/Engine swapping & history lesson/Zilla Stuff
From: "Farrar Hudkins" <smeghead79_at_dml_home.com>

12. Re: re:ss frame
From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

13. Re: re:ss frame
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: DOA membership worthwhile?
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

15. Re: Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

16. Re: Upcoming Purchase/Engine swapping & history lesson/Zilla Stuff
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

17. exhaust manifold
From: Willie Mack <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>

18. Re: silly question... - Does DeLorean own his own car
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

19. DeLorean in new Comic Strip and Old Book
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

20. Re: re:ss frame
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

21. Re: Re: Replacing the Stereo-system
From: nbeatson_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: DOA membership worthwhile?
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

23. dash & rear trim panel vinyl
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

24. Re: Original Dealers
From: lovdmc12_at_dml_aol.com

25. Re: DOA membership worthwhile?
From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham_at_dml_cwcom.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:21:57 EST
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: silly question...

No, as he said in response to a question, at the DeLorean Car Show, he
doesn't own a DeLorean, I mean the DMC-12.

John Feldman

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:55:20 -0500
From: "Randy Stribling" <estribl1_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: ORLANDO January 20

Everyone, If you live or can get to central Florida on Saturday January 20,
we will be having a Florida DOC meeting at the Denny's Restaurant at 3957 S.
Kirkman Road, close to Universal Studios.  Their number is 407-522-0122.

We plan to meet around 2:30 pm.  We have 4 D's confirmed so far and could
use a couple of hundred more!!  Hey, bring it on a trailer.   Ok, drive your
Ferrari if you must, but bring a picture of your D so we can see it.

Come early, stay for the Superbowl at Tampa, vote a few times and enjoy some
real DeLorean enthusiasts.  Call me if you are coming and we will roll out
the red carpet.

813-238-2399 night, 813-870-7814 day

Randy Stribling #3228
Tampa Group.

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:42:54 -0600
From: "Kevin Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: DOA membership worthwhile?

Is membership in the DeLorean Owners Association (www.delorean-owners.org) worthwhile?
If you wish to reply privately instead of to the list use
dmc4687(at)mindspring.com

Thanks,
Kevin

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:10:42 -0800
From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: re:ss frame

One thing to be careful about is that Signals, in the US any way, are
generally triggered by magnetic fields. The only part of the Delorean
that has this property is the frame, (in significant amounts any way) the
block is aluminum and the skin is SS. SS however has no magnetic
properties, (minimal at best) and this could be a problem for a daily
driver, as you may not trigger the electronic sensors that trigger Gates,
Stop lights, etc. Dont get me wrong, I thing the SS frame is a really
nice idea, but you might want to consider this problem. (I have never
spoken to someone who actually has the SS frame so I am not sure if the
small amounts of steel are enough to trigger the lights, so you might
want to ask someone who does.)
Trevor Johnson
WWW.geocities.com/dmc6974
DMC # 4055 and 6974
AIM: Comet6974
ICQ: 101407846

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:09:56 -0000
From: "jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net " <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier

On the subject of transporting a car in a trailer I have some
interesting info. I have trailered my car to Ohio twice. The first
time though I had a lot of trouble with sway. At first I thought it
was the hitch so I got rid of the one I had with a sway snubber and
got a Reese equalizing hitch with sway contol. It helped but did not
solve the problem completly especially when being passed by a semi.
Then I relalized that the weight was all wrong. As we all know the
engine is in the rear so the trailer started swinging like a pendelum
with the engine way back there. At first I tried different positions
in the trailer essentially moving it foward. I didn't get good results
so I tried something drastic. I backed the car into the trailer and
all of a sudden everything behaved! I have also marked the floor so I
can keep it in it's sweet spot and I also cross the straps front and
rear. I have an automatic so I leave it in park, no e brake. In an
accident the brakes won't stop it from moving only the straps. MAKE
SURE that the hold-downs you attach the straps to are SECURELY
fastened to the frame of the trailer not just the floor. There's a
reason in the movie it was backed into the trailer!

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:41:58 EST
From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com

List,

   I read in one interview with JZD where at on time JZD did have a Delorean
in storeage in Utah. He may still have it there. Does anyone know for sure if
sold it es or if he still has it. If he sold it it would be interesting to
know who ownes it know.

Bill

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:46:28 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: RE: Original Dealers

The dealers in Indiana were:

Tom Naquin Chevrolet
1000 West Beardsley
in Elkhart 219-293-8621

Cooke Chevrolet
4600 Division St.
in Evansville 812-477-6111

Davis Auto Company
312 East Maine
in Fort Wayne 219-424-6256

Blossom Chevrolet
1850 North Shadeland Av.
in Indianapolis 317-357-1121

Collins Oldsmobile
4080 Lafayette Road
in Indianapolis 317-293-5900

Lennertz Odsmobile/Honda
6501 Broadway
in Merrillville 219-980-0430

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:50:14 EST
From: DLoff80_at_dml_aol.com

Anyone know of any dealers in RI?

Dave Loffler
Johnston, RI

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:54:10 -0800
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>
Subject: Re: silly question... - Does DeLorean own his own car

To Bill and others,

According to the questionnaire that Mr. DeLorean filled out for me a year
and a half ago, he does not presently own his own DeLorean.  This
information can be seen in the John Z. DeLorean section of my site.

http://www.entermyworld.com

Regards,
Tamir
http://www.entermyworld.com

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:56:38 EST
From: rbrogren_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Car Covers

I have stumbled across a heck of a deal for 11 of you!

For several weeks I have been bidding on car covers on e-bay and have either
been outbid in the final minutes of the auction or the bidding has gone too
high for my liking. I contacted the seller of a cover fitted for a Ferrari
Mandanello and asked if it would fit a DeLorean. As it tured out, the seller
is the owner of Covercraft (one of the oldest in the car cover business and
the company that made the original D covers ) and he had just put one of the
top-of-the-line Ultralon covers on e-bay for a DeLorean.  As I write this,
bidding is at $102, with 5 days to go. (This is a 4 layer cover, suitable for
outdoor storage. I want a more lightweight cover for indoor storage and that
is less bulky when bagged).

The gentleman's name is Bob Lichtmann and in our e-mail exchanges he informed
me that they have some of the poly/cotton covers, custom made for DeLorean,
in overstock! I asked him and he offered to sell them for $62 each + $5
shipping to any member on the DML! I believe this is at or below dealer cost.
(Check details at covercraft.com, but I understand that they are only selling
to dealers.) Bob's e-mail address is 'blichtmann(at)yahoo.com'.

I have no prior experience with this brand, but I know several people that
have and I have only heard good things about Covercraft. And Bob is a heck of
a nice guy to do business with!

My cover is on its way here! (And no, I do not get any commission;-)
Roger

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:09:37 -0000
From: "Farrar Hudkins" <smeghead79_at_dml_home.com>
Subject: Upcoming Purchase/Engine swapping & history lesson/Zilla Stuff

Hello, gang!

Farrar here, future DeLorean owner.  (I think.)  I enjoyed reading
the responses to my original post and I can't thank you enough.

An update on my situation:

The VIN for the car I am thinking of buying is SCEDT26T4BD000980.
The guy has photographs posted at the following URL:
http://pike.thedial.com/~pat/Jason/new.htm
The first 10 photographs are for a 5-speed which he is selling, and
the rest are the automatic I'm thinking of getting.  If any of you
guys/gals have the time to browse through the (somewhat fuzzy) photos
and let me know if $9,000 is good for this, please feel free!  You
may also e-mail me privately if you wish not to clog up the list.

Completely different topic:  I am reading the archives in another
browser, and in the digest dated 02Jul1996 somebody says something
about the Eagle Premier using "a 3.0L version of the DeLorean
engine."  Interestingly enough, this is the same engine that was in
the 1992 Dodge Monaco.

Here's how it works. "When Chrysler bought AMC, it agreed to sell a
certain number of Renaults. (Iaccoca also reportedly promised not to
end the AMC name, which he did shortly after the sale went through.
Instead of AMC, he chose the name Eagle for the division, after the
4,000 pound 4WD-capable, bulging-tired, oddly-styled AMC which can
still be found in snowy and hilly areas. The Eagle's sister, the AMC
Concord, eventually found a namesake in a Chrysler LH car, for
reasons unknown to outsiders).  The need to sell Renaults led to the
AMC/Renault designed four-door, five-passenger FWD Eagle Premier. It
was a pleasingly designed cross between a sleek European road car and
a spacious American sedan. Built in Bramalea (Ontario), it was the
roomiest car in its class and quite aerodynamic. Its 3 liter MPI V-6
(no relationship to the MMC 3.0) and four-speed automatic were
reportedly quite nice to drive, with 150 hp _at_dml_ 5,000 rpm and 171 lb-ft
of torque at 3,600 rpm. (Compression ratio 9.3:1, 3.66 x 2.87 bore
and stroke). - Gaston Chouinard noted that the engine was a PRV
(Peugeot, Renault, Volvo joint venture), 90 degreeV-6, 182 cu.in.
Eventually, due to slow sales of the Premier, Chrysler added a Dodge
version, the Monaco. This also languished, however, along with
everything else but minivans on Chrysler lots." - from allpar.com

There are photographs of this engine at this site:
http://www.geocities.com/eagle_premier/layout.htm

Why did I dig all of this up?  Simple -- I saw a little information
on the 1992 Dodge Monaco, which led me to believe had the same engine
as my current Plymouth Duster.  Then I found out that the Premier had
the same engine as the Monaco, and I thought to have the same engine
in MY cheap little Plymouth was impossible!  Well, until I found a
photograph of the engine (see above) I had no idea whether or not it
was true.  Sure enough, it's a different engine.  (As this guy stated
with "no relation to the MMC 3.0".)

What does this mean to you?  Simple.  Anyone who wants to "upgrade"
their 2.8 to a 3.0 can look at the photographs on the Eagle Premier
link and see that it looks like it would be a fairly straightforward
job and a nice fit.  Somebody mentioned this in 1996 as I mentioned.
Now, I imagine you could get an old Premier cheap, but you can get an
old (91-92) Monaco ever cheaper!!!  (Although they may be harder to
find.)

Why do I know all this stuff?  Besides being a DeLorean nut, I'm a
Chrysler fan.  :P

And this is what single guys do.  *chuckle*

ON ANOTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Does anybody know if the "FanZilla" and other Zilla stuff I have been
reading about in three year old digests is/are still available?  I
have done a websearch and also gone to PJGrady's website and found
nothing.

Okay, on with our lives.

Regards,
Farrar Hudkins
New Orleans, Louisiana

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:40:54 -0000
From: "Robert Rooney" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: re:ss frame

The steel access panel for the gas tank should be able to take care
of the sensors. The only downside might be that you may have to pull
up further to the intersection then you do now depending on how far
up the sensors are mounted. Although maybe the front-end recall kit
components might do the trick. An interesting point...

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 05:17:51 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 1/17/01 4:12:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
comet4055_at_dml_juno.com writes:

<< SS however has no magnetic
 properties, (minimal at best) >>

I can vouch for this statement to be true.  Last year I was going to have my
De Lorean towed to a shop that specialized in fixing electrical systems in
cars, and when the De Lorean was on the tow truck, the driver tried to use
those lights that get attached to the cars he is towing with the magnetic
side of it, and I told him that it wasn't going to work, but he said that he
has never seen a car its never worked on.  So, after he tries to stick one of
the lights on the hood of my car and it doesn't stick to it, he said that
this was the finest stainless steel he has ever seen.  He ended up not towing
my car, because after he lifted up the rear end of my car on the tow truck,
the front end was really too close to the ground and he said..."I can't
afford towing you car because of the risk I would take if I mess up the front
end, besides I don't have $100,000 lying around to pay you back."  Now, I
don't know where that rumor originated that our cars are worth $100,000, but
I like it!

Later,
Nick
1852
Http://members.aol.com/njp548

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:25:42 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: DOA membership worthwhile?

From: Kevin Creason <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

Subject: [DML] DOA membership worthwhile?

> Is membership in the DeLorean Owners Association (www.delorean-owners.org)
worthwhile?
> If you wish to reply privately instead of to the list use
> dmc4687(at)mindspring.com

I enjoy the quarterly magazine and have always enjoyed myself at the events.
I also purchased the DeLorean World back issues and have found lots of good
technical information.

Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:30:06 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier

> all of a sudden everything behaved! I have also marked the floor so I
> can keep it in it's sweet spot and I also cross the straps front and
> rear. I have an automatic so I leave it in park, no e brake. In an
> accident the brakes won't stop it from moving only the straps. MAKE
> SURE that the hold-downs you attach the straps to are SECURELY
> fastened to the frame of the trailer not just the floor. There's a
> reason in the movie it was backed into the trailer!

Make sure you strap down the rear louver when towing backwards.
As far as towing the D to shows, I towed my on a trailer to the Townsend TN
show once.  I found that I much rather drive the DeLorean than tow it.
Also, I found that the show "experience" is more rewarding when I have
driven the DeLorean.  The judges are much more critical of Trailer Queens.

Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:48:12 -0500
From: Marc A Levy <malevy_at_dml_dnrc.bell-labs.com>

See Below.

Farrar Hudkins wrote:

> Hello, gang!
<SNIP>
> The VIN for the car I am thinking of buying is SCEDT26T4BD000980.
> The guy has photographs posted at the following URL:
> http://pike.thedial.com/~pat/Jason/new.htm
> The first 10 photographs are for a 5-speed which he is selling, and
> the rest are the automatic I'm thinking of getting.  If any of you
> guys/gals have the time to browse through the (somewhat fuzzy) photos
> and let me know if $9,000 is good for this, please feel free!  You
> may also e-mail me privately if you wish not to clog up the list.

The pictures look OK, but you would need a better view of other things to set a
value on the car.  It is obviously not wrecked, and I assume it "runs" so $9000
may be a good price.  I suggest you inspect the frame for rust.

> Completely different topic:  I am reading the archives in another
> browser, and in the digest dated 02Jul1996 somebody says something
> about the Eagle Premier using "a 3.0L version of the DeLorean
> engine."  Interestingly enough, this is the same engine that was in
> the 1992 Dodge Monaco.

<SNIP Chrysler Story>

> What does this mean to you?  Simple.  Anyone who wants to "upgrade"
> their 2.8 to a 3.0 can look at the photographs on the Eagle Premier
> link and see that it looks like it would be a fairly straightforward
> job and a nice fit.  Somebody mentioned this in 1996 as I mentioned.
> Now, I imagine you could get an old Premier cheap, but you can get an
> old (91-92) Monaco ever cheaper!!!  (Although they may be harder to
> find.)

There was a recent post (sometime in the last month or two) about someone who
had done this conversion.  I dont think it would be a drop-in conversion, and it
seems like a lot of work for 30 HP boost.

> ON ANOTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC:
>
> Does anybody know if the "FanZilla" and other Zilla stuff I have been
> reading about in three year old digests is/are still available?  I
> have done a websearch and also gone to PJGrady's website and found
> nothing.
<SNIP>

See: http://www.pjgrady.com/ and click on Products.  Depending on which "Zilla"
module you want, you can select that area of the car.

Example- if you want to read about the FanZilla, click on Cooling System.  If
you want LockZilla, click on Power Locks and Windows.

Or, you can just call them!

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:43:19 -0500
From: Willie Mack <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
Subject: exhaust manifold

Does anyone know of any replacement manifolds out there for the D?  I'm
looking to scrap the cast iron ones for some aluminums, if i can find them?
Or is this another part that needs to be custom built?

Thanks
   Willie Mack

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:45:37 EST
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

I was talking to Kathryn DeLorean at the Cleveland show this summer and I
asked if she would autograph my car for me. As she was sitting in it she told
me that this had been the first time she had actually sat in a DeLorean since
she was five years. I would assume from that statement that John Z has not
owned one of his own cars in quite a while.

Poor guy :(

Justin

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:44:28 -0500
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: DeLorean in new Comic Strip and Old Book

This week the comic strip "This Modern World" features a DeLorean.  You
can read the strip in many college newspapers, and online in Salon
Magazine:

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2001/01/16/tomo/index.html

At an antique store I just picked up a copy of the 1985 book "A Touch of
Class: 101 Great Marques 1885-1985" by Andrew Whyte.  I was pleased to
see that Mr. Whyte included the DeLorean as one of his 101 greatest
marques from the first century of the automobile industry.  The book
features a very attractive photo of a DeLorean, and suggests that
DeLoreans may achieve classic status.

Compared to many other automobile books written in the U.K., "A Touch of
Class" is kind to the DeLorean name.

According to Amazon, Andrew Whyte has written many other automobile
books.  Has anyone on the DML seen them?  I am curious to know if Mr.
Whyte reguard for the DeLorean has changed over the last 16 years.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:20:09 -0500
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

Does anyone have engineering drawings handy for the OEM frame?  I'm also
interested in acquiring a rusted out or otherwise unusable frame to make a
pattern from.  I'm in central Florida, so shipping would probably be the
biggest obstacle.

I'm interested in making a new Delorean frame out of aluminum.  I think it
would be a lot better/stronger than stainless and be lighter too.  I'm
planning on taking more adult night classes at my old vocational/technical
high school.  They have all the equipment there to make the frame.  All I
need is more knowledge and to bring the materials.  I'll need to get my old
engineering textbooks out to figure out all the stresses... fun fun...  Does
anyone have any thoughts on how difficult the attachment points would be to
reinforce when using aluminum?

But first I'm going to finish the new anti-sway bar project.  I've been
working with a manufacture who is in the business of making aftermarket
suspension parts, so I feel confident that reliability & liability won't be
a problem.  They said to send the drawings when I'm ready.  Cool!

Trevor,
I'm in disagreement with the idea that a totally stainless steel or aluminum
or copper car would have trouble triggering magnetic sensors.  Iron is the
easiest to sense, but any metal in it's metallic form will do a decent job
at triggering a magnetic sensor.  This includes just about everything on the
left side of the Periodic Table of Elements.  A plastic wheelbarrow full of
salt wouldn't trip the sensor, but if you chemically separated the salt into
a cube of metallic sodium and a bottle of chlorine gas, then you would have
no trouble tripping a typical sensor.  Just don't get it wet or it will
explode!

Food for thought,
Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:54:11 EST
From: nbeatson_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Replacing the Stereo-system

Hi,

I'm just in the process of replacing the ICE in my '81.
I have a Pioneer Minidisc Headunit which just needed the application if a hacksaw to the radio fascia to achieve the right size hole.

The 2 front speakers I have replaced with Pioneer 8.75cm 2 way speakers (50 watts) which fit quite well with just a small adjustment to the hole size for the fixing bolts.

The rear speakers I replaced with JBL 6x8 3way (150 watts) that slotted straight in without any modification.

I've also fitted 2x JBL 6inch 3 way speakers on the rear parcel shelf in 2 custom made boxes and a Pioneer amplified bass tube on the rear shelf.

The rear speakers are powered by a Sony Amplifier bolted to the rear wall, where the Flux Capacitor should be and  cd changer mounted in a purpose built box in the lockable compartment behind the drivers seat.

I've no idea what it sounds like yet as I've yet to finish routing all the wiring and set up the amplifier propoerly but first impressioons so far are good. I'll let you know how things go.

Cheers

Nigel

02677

License plate 'DOC 16V'

Driving the dream in the UK

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:58:38 -0500
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

Kevin Creason wrote:

> Is membership in the DeLorean Owners Association (www.delorean-owners.org) worthwhile?

That is a personal judgement call, akin to asking: "Is owning a DeLorean worthwhile?"

I am a DOA member.  I plan to continue my membership, and I feel that I get my money's
worth out of the DOA.  I like my DOA logo jacket and I enjoy attending the DOA Expos, but
most of all I like having the latest issue of DeLorean World on my coffee table.  In
casual conversation I constantly run into misinformed people who believe that the DeLorean
is an unpopular, unsupported automobile.  One glance at the latest DeLorean World is
usually enough to change their minds.

I also like the fact that the DOA gives me a chance to write articles that are published
in an international magazine.

The DOA is what it is.  I personally find my membership to be valuable, as do thousands of
others.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280, 7 years

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:58:06 EST
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: dash & rear trim panel vinyl

Hello List,
    I was wondering where I could find the thin vinyl that is used on the
rear trim panels(ones that cover rear speakers) and on the on the dash.  I
did a little searching on the internet but couldnt find a vinyl without a
cloth backing.  any ideas?

Thanks
David

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:02:12 EST
From: lovdmc12_at_dml_aol.com

There was a dealer in Providence.  Dunny Ford Sales, Inc. is listed on the
DeLorean dealers sheet.

Brian

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:53:19 -0000
From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham_at_dml_cwcom.net>

Well I am in it. It seems a bit expensive, the magazines are very glossy,
regular, and beautifully produced. They are the oldest club and doubtless
love the DeLorean as much as the rest of us. They have done many technical
reports in the past. The internet makes some of this printed matter seem a
bit irrelevant. But I am still in the DOA and have a good pile of quite
collectable magazines to prove it!

Chris P  Hon. sec. DOC UK.