From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 385
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2001 6:47 AM

1. Re: Engine Problems
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

2. [Re: DMC engine upgrades]
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: DMC engine upgrades
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net

4. RE: [Re: DMC engine upgrades]
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

5. Re: [Re: DMC engine upgrades]
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:07:15 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: Engine Problems

I believe that there is nothing wrong with your fuel regulater except
that the one you replaced is way out of adjustment. At the Virginia
Meet Jack Singer had replaced his fuel regulater and couldn't get the
motor to run for sh-t. Everybody speculated as to the cause but when
Rob Grady tweaked the mixture screw it ran just fine! Put the
origional regulater back on and fix the lambda system. Don't run the
engine on the cold start valve, the excess gasoline could flood the
motor and cause a fire. The cold start system is not meant to run
continuously and cannot be adjusted. The fuel regulater is meant to
actually run slightly lean, the final adjustment of the frequency
valve is meant to richen the mixture so without the lambda
functioning
the engine is running too lean. If you think about it that is what
you
are correcting by forcing the cold start valve to run continuously to
correct the absence of the lambda system. At this time I cannot tell
if the fuel accumulater is good or not, it comes into action when you
restart hot.

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:56 -0000
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: [Re: DMC engine upgrades]

James, The headers are out there: they just have to be made for the
car on demand, no suppliers stock them. I have a picture I got from
the U.K. on them and the name of the company who makes them. They
cost 700lb's and not made to fit a car with a catalitic converter. My
U.K. friend said it would be better to build in the states for the
catalitic converter. I'm working on it. You also have to design
headers to function properly. The october 2000 issue of Hot Rod
magazine has all the info on exhaust science. When I find a shop that
will them right here in Dallas, It will be called ( The Exhaust Fix )
I will advise the group. I would make several sets. Headers will
normally increas HP 15 to 20%. There are some other tricks you can do
to gas, and air to up the HP right now, but all these things have to
work together or you might damage the engine.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 05:08:51 -0000
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net

My thoughts are I don't have the time or the money to:

1) Get it all at once
2) Pay extra for all the shipping
3) Pay extra for the rental car I would need without the Delorean

They would make more money by selling the parts to another dealer in
parts but loose on the labor. It should all even out. If I can't get
it in parts over time I'll have to look at other options or wait 5
years to have the extra money to do it at once. Which isn't going to
happen.

I understand DMC-TX design. It's there choice. Too bad though.

Jeremy

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., srubano_at_dml_o... wrote:
> There's that "competition" word again. There are very few (five
major
> ones I believe) Delorean vendors out there and they get most of the
> major parts from Houston. Whether Houston sells to a customer or
> another D vendor they make money....period (as James Espey says).
If

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:40:31 -0500
From: "Doc" <doctor280_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: RE: [Re: DMC engine upgrades]

This past summer, I dropped by a car show here in Winston-Salem and there
was a Renault Alpine that was showing. The Alpine had a PRV and it had a
beautiful set of headers on it, which would work on the Delorean. The guy
was supposed to contact me about where to get a set, but I never heard from
him. He did state that they came from a company in France.

Robert Starling
Vin#05252

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:22:52 EST
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 1/26/01 11:53:26 PM Central Standard Time,
doctor280_at_dml_triad.rr.com writes:

<< The Alpine had a PRV and it had a
 beautiful set of headers on it, which would work on the Delorean.  >>

Robert,

  Good eye, but I've already tried this same thing. The engine and
transmission setup is the same in both cars, but the frames are different.
The headers they make for the Alpine will not work on the Delorean because of
frame interference. Close but not quite. Plus the fact they are almost twice
the cost of the headers which are being made in Germany for the Delorean.
Been there, done that  :-)

    Marty