From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 393
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:49 PM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Binnacle recovering
From: nbeatson_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:33:08 EST
From: nbeatson_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Binnacle recovering

Steve,

My binnacle was severely cracked when I bought my car and rather than buy a new binnacle I decided to re-cover it. I struggled to find vinyl similar to the original and so decided to cover it with something else.
After considering Alcantera (too expensive),leather (too difficult to contour), I spoke to a friend who recommended felt.

It was actually very easy to make fit and unlike vinyl it won't crack in the sun. It looks good too and compliments the black leather of the rest of the interior.

Nigel

Vin 02677

p.s. the hardest part of the re-covering process was removing the old vinyl from the binnacle