From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 425
Date: Saturday, February 24, 2001 4:33 AM

1. Re: 1/2 Price Window Regulators!
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>

2. Re: Original miles?
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

3. Stainless Steel Illusions
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net

4. Re: Original miles?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: DMC Accessories
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: 1/2 Price Window Regulators!
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com

7. Re: Re: 5-speed vs. Automatic with turbo!
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>

8. Re: Re: 5-speed vs. Automatic with turbo!
From: raddad_at_dml_cmn.net

9. EUROFEST 2001 AIR DEAL
From: rdh_at_dml_hozt.com

10. Re: More new owner questions.
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

11. John Z DeLorean
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. JZD LETTER
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

13. Evaporator Cleaning System
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

14. year verification
From: "Drinkware" <marvin_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

15. Re: Re: More new owner questions.
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

16. DeLorean Mid Atlantic Spring Social
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com

17. Exhaust.
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

18. It Lives....
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

19. Renault Engines? Alpine Renault cousin of DeLorean
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

20. ETDOC Meet --2/25
From: Aaron Posey <cadysrme_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:50:04 -0500
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: 1/2 Price Window Regulators!

I bought a set of these about a year ago.  I haven't had a single problem from them yet, and would recommend any product you find on MSDMC's site.

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:34:31 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: Original miles?

It is possible that the previous owner just ignored the problems and
never corrected them or his mechanic just didn't know how. In general
any discrepencies in the mileage usually result in an underrecording
because the drive system to the odometer failed so if it says 129k it
is either 29k or 129k or some amount slightly higher but if you see
alot of wear and tear then you could assume that is 129k or a little
more. In general once you do the repairs they tend to last a long time
but nothing lasts forever (or 129k) after all it is a 20  year old car
that sounds like it wasn't pampered.

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 05:32:47 -0000
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net
Subject: Stainless Steel Illusions

Ok I got my book today. Very nice. I paid $105 including shipping and
insurance and the book came overnight. Triple wrapped then placed in
an othersized box surround by foam.

From a collector standpoint book is near perfect. No writing, tears,
nicks, bumps, creases or anything. NO dust cover. Spine doesnt crack
when opened so it has been read.

Book was priced at $150 but came up at $99 during billing.

You just can't beat it!!!

Regards,

Jeremy

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 02:24:04 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 2/22/01 7:39:19 PM Central Standard Time,
RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com writes:

> When I bought my D about 4 months ago, I was told the car has
> 129k miles on it.  But to me, it seems to have some of the typical
> DeLorean problems (i.e. hot start, auto trans gov. problem, etc.)
> that makes me slightly suspect that if this car really had that
> many miles, than some of these problems would have already
> been taken care of.  Am I wrong in assuming this?  (Or do these

Richard,

the problems you mention really don't have a lot to do with the milage on the
car.  the auto trans gov can go at any time (i've heard of them buggin' out
at less than 10,000 miles), and then for some people, the gov is flawless all
of the time.

don't know much about hot start problems though.  i haven't had those yet!
but at least if you bought a D with over 100,000 miles on it, chances are
that it's not going to have the problems that most of us have - problems
associated with improper storage of the car!

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:37:35 EST
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMC Accessories

In a message dated 2/22/01 9:17:55 AM Central Standard Time,
djjohnson6_at_dml_juno.com writes:

<< DMC LogoCaps
 Dress up your wheels! LogoCaps are a perfect way to add that finishing
 touch to your DeLorean. Available in Anodized Aluminum.  >>

   Be aware that the original Delorean wheels have aluminum valve stems. The
cars originally came with aluminum valve stem caps from the factory, which
were later removed and switched to plastic at the QC centers due to problems
with the aluminum caps corroding and getting frozen and galling on the
aluminum valve stems. If you can't get the cap off, you can't check your air
pressure.
   All the companies I know of who originally made logo caps in aluminum have
stopped doing so and now produce them in plastic for just this same reason.

    Marty

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 02:56:21 -0000
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com

I saw a couple of these when I was visiting some of the people in
this club.  (We swapped my transmission out in a weekend)
Even though I do not have these on my car, if they are anything like
their other parts, then they are nothing but the best.  My car is
riding on the shocks that the Mid State DMC club sells and it's like
floating on air, while hugging the turns like a bat out of hell.
Anyway, the Mid State DMC club makes/sells some of the finest parts
for the Delorean around, and I am sure these window regulators are no
exception.

Erik Geerdink
4512

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:32:51 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <oehcs_at_dml_flash.net>
Subject: Re: Re: 5-speed vs. Automatic with turbo!

Jim,

the most significant problem with turbos is cooling.   The first thing to do
is install a separate cooler for the transmission. Secondly,  make
absolutely sure you radiator is in perfect condition for maximum cooling.

If there is any question replace it with one from PJ Grady.

An oil cooler for the engine is the next necessary upgrade.  Install a
cooling fan for the oil cooler.

Finally,  make sure you properly insulate the turbo in engine compartment.

Bob Brandys

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:08:44 -0700
From: raddad_at_dml_cmn.net

James asked if it was a bad idea to install a turbo on an automatic ---

I had twin turbos on my automatic D.  I was running 7.5 lbs of boost (about
1 lb more than most D turbo applications).  I put nearly 50,000 miles on
that unit and did not have any particular transmission problems.  BTW, I
had installed a transmission cooler shortly after I purchased the D.

However, one must realize that the automatic is really slow off the line.
If that is what you want to correct, the turbo isn't going to help much
since you need to be bewtwee 2500 and 3000 rpms before you get any real
boost out of the turbo.

Dick Ryan

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:38:34 -0000
From: rdh_at_dml_hozt.com
Subject: EUROFEST 2001 AIR DEAL

Eurofest 2001 in Dunmurry Belfast Northern Ireland is only 3 months
away, and Aer Lingus / American Express is running a TWO for ONE
price special between now and March 7 for flights from the key US
Gateway cities. RT price for 2 from LAX to Ireland in the May 1 to 31
time frame is advertised at $998, with return trip required within 14
days.  Check it out at 1-800-IRISH-AIR or your travel agent. Must be
booked using an American Express card.

Complete details on the Eurofest 2001 is available at:

http://www.delorean-owners.org/events/eurofest2001.html

Ray Haug

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:25:59 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: More new owner questions.

Steering and shifting should not be "stiff". Lubricate the shift
linkage and check the rubber bushing in the front bulkhead where the
steering shaft passes through and spray some lubricant on it, it could
cause "stickiness" not "stiffness". The shift linkage could also need
slight adjustment. You are correct that #4-20amp fuse is supposed to
feed the turn circuit. If it is missing and the circuit still works
someone has rewired to provide power. This is not an upgrade although
it could have been done because the fuse block position was melted
previously. The stoplight circuit is powered by fuse #18-20 amp and is
independent of the turn signals so #4 fuse doesn't affect this. To
find where the power is comming from for the turn signals just pull
fuses till you find the one that kills it. A wild guess is #6. The
repair might involve a jumper on the hazard switch feeding power from
the hazard circuit over to the turn circuit. It would be best to
return the wiring to the origional configuration to give full
protection by the fuses and to make it easier to troubleshoot in the
future. It would be best if you could get a wiring diagram, then any
competant auto tech could troubleshoot this. Keeping the circuits
separate allows one to die and the other could continue to operate
because they each have their own source of power.

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:35:44 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: John Z DeLorean

Well thanks to Gary my site is up and running and the pages John wanted
posted are up.
I have also corrected my error of having page 10 repeated (page 9 and 10)
Page 9 is correct now.

Also there were a lot of comments on the letter and we included one as the
introduction.  It is a real good introduction to the court papers.

As John gives me more I will post them.

John also says HI to you all.
MEMPHIS?????

For those of  you who missed the first post it is at
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com/jzd/">DeLoreancarshow.com/jzd/</A>

Enjoy

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:34:04 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: JZD LETTER

I have started reading the letter from JZD that is posted on Ken K's DeLorean Car Show site.

Ken, Can you post the letter in a printer friendly format, or perhaps a single MS Word file.

I find it much easier to read things that are printed on paper rather than on a monitor.  Also, I would like to put a copy in my DeLorean memorabilia cache.

Thanks

Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS
002981
Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:55:02 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Evaporator Cleaning System

   I was looking through my "Good Sam" magazine and saw an ad for an automobile A.C. evaporator cleaning system.  I'm thinking about trying this DWD2 on my DeLorean.

Does anyone on the list have any experience using this product?

The link is below.

WWW.DWD2.COM

I have no connection to this product or the company selling it.

Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:31:02 -0500
From: "Drinkware" <marvin_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: year verification

I require someone  associated with a parts company or repair shop to contact me privately via fax on a  business letterhead,  and verify the year of my DeLorean. It is listed as a 1982 with the licence dept.,  but I believe it should be  a 1981.  Vin #SCEDT26TXBD004239. Thanks.

Marvin Stein
tel: 519 - 434 - 1666
fax: 519 - 434 - 7071
email: marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com
PRINTED DRINKWARE COMPANY
924 Dundas Street
London, Ontario, Canada, N5W 3A1

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:25:13 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: More new owner questions.

David,

You said:

"The stoplight circuit is powered by fuse #18-20 amp and is independent of
the turn signals so #4 fuse doesn't affect this...."

This is not the case in all cars. In the early vin's, sorry I don't have the
break out number, the stop lamp circuit is included in the fuse #4 circuit.
(See Technical Information Manual p 216)

In these cars fuse #18 in not used.

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:42:53 EST
From: delorean31_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Mid Atlantic Spring Social

Greetings,
  Just wanted to let all those intrested to know, in addition to our club
members, about our upcoming Spring Social.  It will be held on April 14th
(Saturday) in Ringoes, N.J.  Members from the Mid Atlantic States will be
attending.  Rob Grady of PJ Grady's will be on hand as well as many other
knowledgable DeLorean owners to go over any items that need attention.
Everyone is welcome to attend.  More details to come.  All Mid Atlantic
members are entitled to a complete tech inspection and door adjustment which
comes with membership.  The facility hosting the event has enough lifts to
accomodate us.  For further information click on the link below.

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/delorean31/social.html">DeLorean Mid Atlantic Spring Social April 14th 2001</A>

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:42:36 -0000
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com
Subject: Exhaust.

Admitedly, I would like to learn a bit more about exhaust systems.
Can anyone here reccomend any good books I could pick up at the
library?

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:44:00 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: It Lives....

Hey List,

    I know I haven't had a change to send an update to the list, but I have
been pretty busy.  Since the last update I adjusted the tranny linkage,
installed the inner drive shafts, installed the rest of the cooling lines,
connected all the fuel lines, install the muffler, and adjust the timing
(might still need another minor adjustment).  The way that I adjusted the
timing is that I used a push button type switch that went directly from the
positive jump start lead on the passenger side firewall of the engine
compartment and the starter, and I removed the spark plug from the #1
cylinder and I stuck my thumb in there so I could feel the compression of the
piston as it moved up the cylinder, then as soon as I got the notches on the
crankshaft pulley and the fixed timing plate that shows the degree #'s lined
up, I pulled out the distributor and i lined up the rotor with the line for
cylinder #1.  I thought that I had it close enough to the markings, but I
guess I didn't.  Today I was finally able to start the car and rev it up.  I
did notice that when trying to rev it up hard it would start to back fire
into the intake, so I am assuming that I need to turn the distributor a
little bit.  Unfortunately in order to do that, I have to remove 2 fuel lines
that go to 2 injectors, remove the idle speed motor.  I already turned it as
much as I could in the counter clockwise direction and it still needs more.
I have done that like 3 times already so I am pretty much used to doing the
timing adjustment.  I am just so happy that its finally started up...and
revs!  It never did that as long as have owned it (3 LONG years).  Well, I
guess thats all for now.  I think it might be drivable in the next couple of
weeks, I still need to install the brake master cylinder, all 4 calipers,
bleed brake system, bleed clutch system, connect steering connection.  As
always, if anyone has any questions feel free to e-mail me.  Thanks!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:13:48 EST
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Renault Engines? Alpine Renault cousin of DeLorean

Dear DML,

    If you would like to see the former DeLorean Alpine Renault that the
company purchased for evaluation follow this link,

http://freespace.virgin.net/david.bishop2/page2.html

The picture of the engine is especially interesting.
Sincerely,

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:12:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Aaron Posey <cadysrme_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ETDOC Meet --2/25

IT is almost SUNDAY- Just wanted to remind everyone that
showed an interest in coming that all is still going on!  I
have talked with several people, and all are excited about
meeting and hanging out with our Ds!!

If anyone needs any information about directions or where
to get a hotel (if you decide to do so), let me know.  I
can be reached on Saturday via a toll free number..If I am
busy, leave a message. After that, call my cell phone.

Again, meet Sunday from 10-12 in the morning at Rodgers
Cadillac in Knoxville,

leave there for group lunch...

then procede to tour the Smokies and end up in Gatlinburg.

SHould last almost all day....

AARON POSEY
www.etdoc.com
work  800 936 6904