From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 432
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 4:44 AM

1. Re: DML members in Hawaii??
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

2. tank heatshield
From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net

3. Re: Noisy fuel pump
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>

4. Re: 3.0 Eagle motors (and trannies)
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

5. Re: Noisy fuel pump
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>

6. Re: Noisy fuel pump
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

7. Re: be gratefull for your blessing
From: "sk1pper" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>

8. Local Ireland News Story on Eurofest
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:23:50 EST
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: DML members in Hawaii??

There are some DeLorean cars in Hawaii. DeLorean Owners Association member
Ron Cotton has an early 1981 there.

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:47:11 -0500
From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net
Subject: tank heatshield

Walt,
Dave Buauerle of Radnor, Ohio installed a fuel tank heat shield on my Delorean last year. I believe it is made of hard rubber like material and it cost me only about $25 to $30.

Gatis Erenpreiss

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:33:57 -0500
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Noisy fuel pump

Walt;

I had the same problem this weekend.  During the meeting of the ETDOC, at the very tail end of the trip, mine started making some noise. no problems running, just making noise, and only 1/4 tank low.  The only thing I've found to combat it is to add cool gas to it.  Go figure.

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:35:41 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: 3.0 Eagle motors (and trannies)

To be completly accurate the way the gearing is "reversed" in the
Delorean application is that the final drive case is machined so the
ribs don't interfere with putting in the carrier with the ring gear in
"the other way". The trans bolts onto the final drive so there would
be no gearing modifaction required if in fact you could use the
origional torque converter and final drive. I have not seen the trans
you refer to so I have no idea if this is a bolt on mod or if
machining is required but again I think this could be very interesting
if someone is determined enough to do it. While you're at it you might
as well investigate a lock-up torque converter.

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:37:00 -0500
From: "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi_at_dml_mindspring.com>

Walter,

Actually, just this past weekend when we (ETDOC) had our get together and
after we had completed the road course, one of the D's in the bunch was
making the noise you are talking about.  Also, in the Cleveland drive, my
D's pump was screaming agony.  I have been wondering the same as you, can a
fuel cooler of some sort be installed to reduce the temp. for the pump to
remain happy?  I have not actively looked for something that fits this
description, but if one pops up, I would be interested in at least looking
into it.  If you (or anyone else on the list) finds a fuel cooler somewhere,
let me know.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:42:44 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

I for one find the noise comforting. At least I know I won't be
walking! (Mine doen't seem so loud.) On most fuel injected cars the
pump is located in the back underneath so passengers won't hear it. It
needs to be close to the gas tank so it does't have to suction far and
being in the fuel tank it also cools it. Perhaps all new rubber boots
could lessen the noise. Make sure all of the openings in the front
bulkhead are sealed, I found in mine some of the sealer had come loose
and the holes were wide open. If all of this doesn't help try
increasing the volume on the "entertainment system".

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> Rob Grady was right....
> Replacing my old noisy fuel pump with a new one doesn't make the new
one any
> less noisy.  When hot, it sounds like a seat belt buzzer.  It isn't
peculiar

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:01:50 -0600
From: "sk1pper" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>
Subject: Re: be gratefull for your blessing

pay my way over and ill let you drive it all you want!!! :)

vin# 10246

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:25:32 -0600
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Local Ireland News Story on Eurofest

I don't think this has been posted yet. . .

http://www.irelandclick.com/news.cfm?storyid=3871

Thanks to Joe Murray