From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 454
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 4:53 AM

From: Tamir Ardon <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

From: "J. Ben Boatright" <tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

From: "J. Ben Boatright" <tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

From: daren57_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk

From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

From: "Jerry Harry" <jerryHarry_at_dml_msn.com>

From: specialtauto_at_dml_yahoo.com

From: specialtauto_at_dml_yahoo.com

From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

19. DeLoreans in Italy
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:52:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Tamir Ardon <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>
Subject: SS stickers and more.

Hi group,

Just wanted to invite anyone who is interested in
purchasing stainless steel decals for their DeLorean
to my site.  I now have a SITE SHOP with a few items
for sale.

And for those who haven't been by my site in awhile,
check out the 70+ articles, 30+ video clips, and much
much more information on our beloved cars and maker!

http://www.entermyworld.com

Regards,
Tamir
http://www.entermyworld.com

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:10:52 -0800
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: DeLorean of the 90's?

  I was wondering how many 'D' owners also have A Subaru SVX. I just bought
one this weekend and I think it's a perfect companion for my DeLorean.

The DeLorean and the SVX were both styled by Giugiaro. Looking at the SVX,
the DeLorean immediately comes to mind with its tollbooth windows, very low
hood and high back. Even the interior is a good match, right down to the
stitching on the leather seats.

Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA   VIN #10911  'OUTTIME'
http://www.jps.net/arkham/delorean/delorean01.htm
mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu
Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com  mailto:directory_at_dml_dmcnews.com

P.S. Exciting news to follow soon!

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:19:11 -0000
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Guest status

My bad - I set it that way to see what happened. Its a toss-up
between "will it scare people away?" or "get them to sign up?". I'll
probably leave it this way to see who complains (you're #1) and then
switch it back.

Downside to leaving it open is potential for spam harvesting,
although its a very slight inhibitor. Other thoughts welcome.

Dave Swingle

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:33:47 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Online chat with Stephen Wynne!

Our next online Q&A with Stephen Wynne, owner of De Lorean Motor
Company (Houston) is coming up this week. These sessions give you the
chance to talk and ask questions with one of the top technical
experts in the De Lorean community.

Date: Thursday, March 15, 2001
Time: 7pm Central Time
Location: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/usadmc/chat

PLEASE NOTE! In order to have access to the chat room, you must be a
subscriber to the DE LOREAN MOTOR COMPANY NEWSLETTER - you can
subscribe using this link:

Also, the latest version of Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer are
highly recommended!
See you there!

James Espey
De Lorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:59:56 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Pictures in vault.

How do I access "the vault" and "the archive" that everyone talks about
here?

MODERATOR RESPONSE: "The Vault" was an old eGroups term.  The same area is now called "Files."  You look for it from the DMCNews page on YahooGroups, or just go here:

I hope this clears up confusion for many of you.

- Mike Substelny
This week's DML moderator

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:03:06 -0800 (PST)
From: "J. Ben Boatright" <tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight trouble

This is a burnt out low beam.  You need to purchase a new "1A1"
bulb from Wal-Mart, AutoZone, or the like.  It's not very
expensive.  I just had this happen to mine also.

Hope this helps.

Ben Boatright
tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com
VIN 10115

--- Willie Mack <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu> wrote:

> I have discovered that i have a headlight out on low beam.
> However, when i switch to high beam the light comes on.

[snipped by moderator]

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:05:40 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

The low beam lights have dual filaments, so it will come on when you
switch on the highbeams.  So you just need a new headlight.

The switch though, you do know that if you pull it twords you, it will
not "click" in, like most cars, right?  That is only a temporary
"flash to pass", or in my case, tell that other driver to turn his
off.  To keep the high beams on, you need to push the lever away from
you.  Then it stays there untill you pull it back.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

[duplicate quote snipped by moderator]

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:08:57 -0800 (PST)
From: "J. Ben Boatright" <tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Light Bulb Replacemnet

Where did you get the bulbs, and could you post some pictures of
them.  Thanks...

Ben Boatright
tahoe98_at_dml_yahoo.com
VIN 10115

--- nbeatson_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I replaced all the bulbs in the instrument cluster with neon
> blue bulbs.

[quote snipped by moderator]

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:16:57 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

YahooGroups (eGroups) does not decide who can see the archived
messages.  That is all configured by the moderators.  Although I have
no idea why they did that, I'm sure they have thier reasons or simply
pushed the wrong button.  The MNDMC (Minnesota DeLorean Club)
YahooGroups list which I own/moderate has given me pretty good
knoledge about how these lists work.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., jtrealty_at_dml_w... wrote:
> At what point did this E-group require signing in just to browse the
> posts?

[MODERATOR NOTE: This was already answered by Dave Swingle, so I feel no guilt in snipping the quote at this point.]

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:36:55 EST
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re.Re.fixing sender unit

In a message dated 03/12/2001 4:39:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net writes:

<< David Teitelbaum
 vin 10757  Yes, I have installed Tankzilla and am hapy with it. >>

Me Too,

    The Tank Zilla, and the other products from BobZilla and PJ Grady
DeLorean, have been very reliable and trouble free for the past 4 years. I
recommend them and I voluntarily endorse the Zilla products.

Sincerely,
Michael Pack
VIN 3713
DOA 4743
DML #?
(Why don't we have member numbers?)

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:41:57 -0000
From: daren57_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk
Subject: come to the gallerias its cool

as requested im reminding a couple of people who sent pics to me that
they can now be viewed on the website notice the ADDRESS CHANGE

www.TheGallerias.com

new submissions to

NewPics_at_dml_TheGallerias.com

cheers for your help

btw whats the model name of the DMC cars, i guessed on the site and
am sure im wrong

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:50:37 EST
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

 I have discovered that i have a headlight out on low beam.  However, when i
 switch to high beam the light comes on.   Is this simply a burned out
 headlight, or something electrical?

Sounds like you have a headlight burn out. I suggest replacing both at the
same time. The lights are $25.00 for both.

 Also, the lever for the high beams has broken and it now flaps back and
 forth loosely.  The turn signal still works fine.  I'm wondering if this is
 simply a spring that has fallen out or something more serious.

This part is sensitive too.
 The internal part that goes "click-click" is plastic. It probably broke
inside, and believe me it is not worth the time to fix. There are many ball
bearings, etc., inside. So more than likely you will have to replace the
stalk mechanism. $165.00
I purchased mine from DeLorean One the first time, and PJ Grady on the second
and third.

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:10:27 EST
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Pontiac Turns 75

There is a brief mention about John DeLorean in the April 2001 issue of
Popular Mechanics.

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:36:52 -0600
From: "Jerry Harry" <jerryHarry_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Fuel Sender Repair/replace

When I checked on why mine did not work I found it was rotted and not worth fixing.
Would love to have the good one, however, until I can save up the money I just spent $20.00 at O'Reillys and got an after market.
I had the tank completely empty so it only took a few mintues to install. I cut the float arm a little long and bent it so I would have alittle adjustment room. Reads fine.

I think if mine had not been in such bad shape I would have tried to fix it but it was gone.
Later
Jerry

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:10:48 -0000
From: specialtauto_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Re.Re.fixing sender unit

David, Your right. Maby my time and trouble isn't worth it. But I
have been asked by several people to come up with less expensive
products with out compromising quality. I like to fix things. I have
been doing it all my life, whether it be a part or a person. I have
alway's come up with fixes. My parents used to call me Mr.Fixit. The
pastor at church used to call me a balcony person. Alway's trying to
help someone else. Maby you, me and others have the money to pay for
all modifications as I can and do for The Fixes on the De Lorean, But
their are others who can't and have just as much of a passion for the
car without the pocket book or may be working on a budget. Maby I can
help them and make buck or not, who knows.  But, I do own three cars
and there is a certain amount of things I have learned about the cars
in the past 4 years. Electrical seems to be my best area. You notice
I don't get involved in most engine talk and body talk. I check it to
the power and you, P.J.Grady, DMC Houston, DMC Joe and others are
very learned about the cars with years of experience. But, I don't
jump on on them because they came up with a different twist like I
get jumped on when I come up with a Fix that is less expensive and
works just as well. I analyze the problem and find out what made it
that way then Fix It. My 11004 sending unit has worked fine for the
20 years it's been in the car and the 4 years I've owned it,  so
something has to be good about it. What made the others go bad,
mostly as I can tell from what i've seen is moisture. That get's back
to the care given to the car. You are constantily defending the
Zilla products that are good and I haven't said one bad thing about
them. I commend Bob in comming up with the product line and his
knowledge in engineering. I have said more than once and I will say
again I'm not an engineer but a good partsman with a different
approach that's less expensive. If I can't come up with a good
replacement, then i won't come out with it. But, I will tell you that
I bought a new fuel sending unit today off the shelf in a (metal
housing) that drops right into the tank and I think with a little
electrical modification will work. My cost to get this engineered
will be about $300.00 to $500.00 dollars not counting parts cost.
We'll see what happens. I also found a new RPM/fuel pump relay
improved version that Bosch has made for a simular application and
has had Zero failure by some of the mechanics as I'm told. We'll see.
Like I have said in the past,lord help the person who comes out with
a different fix and not approved by a few people on this chat group.
He or she had better be made of good stock or they won't hold up to
the criticism of a few. I think the way to get improvement is to
encourage and challenge people to come up with a better mouse trap.
I'm here to help also preserve the car and to have a better driving
experience.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

  --- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., jtrealty_at_dml_w... wrote:
> IMHO while you may be creative enough and stubborn enough and
clever
> enough to "repair" the fuel sending unit it is like fixing a Ducy
> alternater, sometimes it is better to replace. The origional sender
> unit is not well made and even when working is notoriously
> inaccurate.Your time would be better spent on improving some other
> area of the car, the sender unit problem is easily correctable now
> through the efforts of the Zilla line of products. If it seems too
> expensive for you just save up enough money till you can afford it
> (Your time must be worth something?)I dare say even with all of
your
> work it won't last long.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757  Yes, I have installed Tankzilla and am hapy with it.

[repeat quote from moderator snipped by moderator]

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:11:26 -0000
From: specialtauto_at_dml_yahoo.com

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:08:23 -0700
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: RE: 3.0 Eagle Premier motor

As promised I am updating the progress of the Pacific Rim Automotive
(Seattle, WA) installation of the Eagle motor in a DeLorean.  They are using
ported and polished DeLorean heads on the 3.0 even-fire block, with the DMC
crankcase to provide the motor mounts.  It also uses Volvo high lift
even-fire cams, alloy rockers, stock DMC fuel system, and the DMC
distributor CONVERTED TO EVEN-FIRE.  The advantages are smooth idle, more
power, and easily available parts.  PRV wizard John Lane has consented to
allow me to give out his e-mail address in case anyone wants to contact him
directly for additional information.  Please keep in mind that he is very
busy and does not have time for "tire kickers".  If you are seriously
interested in doing something similar, send him a note.  He has extensive
knowledge of this motor and regularly races a high HP Volvo version.

Contact John Lane at "jlane_at_dml_pacrimauto.com".  Please note I have no
relationship with this business other than being one of his many parts
sources.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:25:33 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

John Hervey

You said: "I reset the ohmage on the slide by repositioning the resistor
wire"

The correct term is "resistance" not ohmage.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

[MODERATOR NOTE: While it is okay to correct people on technical terminology, this feels like it is approaching a flame.  Say whatever you like by private email, but please let us be gentlemen and ladies on the DML.]

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:43:30 -0800
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>
Subject: DeLoreans in Italy

I need information on DeLoreans that might be available for purchase in
Italy. Information on any inspection/import restrictions (into Italy) would
also be helpful..

Please feel free to email me off-line.

Thanks

Gary(at)IN2TIME.com