From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 463
Date: Monday, March 19, 2001 4:45 AM

1. Renting your DeLorean
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>

2. Which OEM tire jack?
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

3. Fuel Sending unit
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:49:08 -0800
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>
Subject: Renting your DeLorean

I highly recommend movie studios, they have the deepest pockets of
anyone I've encountered.  Mall displays can make you a few bucks but you
have to stay and guard the car.  I rented my shop out to Warner Brothers
for a movie with Al Pacino, they paid me $2500 for the day and I got to
keep the shop open and go on with business.  I normally left at 3:00 but
they wanted my van in a shoot and offered me another $500 if I would
stay 'til 5:30...I did.

Les

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:58:01 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Which OEM tire jack?

In a message dated 3/17/01 10:10:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, CBL302_at_dml_msn.com
writes:

<< Has anybody used their OEM tire jack,to change a tire,or should it
 just be kept for orignialty,as it is a very funky type of jack, >>

Claude, yours is as early as anybody on the list, so I have question.  What
does your handle look like?  Mine for my '82 is shaped like a long Ford Model
T crank handle, and on paper I've seen '81's with a ratchet that fits over a
stub.  But there also seems to have been a non-ratchet lever type with a rod
handle and a "lollipop" end that fit over the stub, kind of like a closed end
wrench.  I'm wondering if you, or anybody on the list, has one of them.  Off
the top of my head, I don't think that's addressed in the DMC Houston
Concours Manual either.  Only place I've seen it is on a very early parts
book.  I wonder if those even made it into production?  Seems like a really
hard way to crank up a car. Any comment, List members?  Anybody got one of
these?

Wayne A. Ernst
The New DeLorean Manuals Project

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:30:40 -0000
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com
Subject: Fuel Sending unit

Does anyone know how to take apart this _at_dml_#$% thing? I see a nut at
the bottom of the unit (under the filter screen) but it seems to be
frozen on. As I try turning it I can see something turning with it
inside the unit. I want to get in there to repair it as I can't dish
out the dough at this time for the Zilla unit. Any hints?? I know
that people will say that it may not last and may die in a year but
that's the whole plan. I just need it to last just enough time so I
can raise the cash for the Tankzilla.

Also: has anyone, with a manual tranny Delorean, had problems with
their transmission mounts? I'm talking about the ones that bolt
directly to the transmission. I have stress cracks on mine and it
appears to have been repaired before. It's not cracking where the
repair was made but in different areas. It looks like, on mine
anyway, that it's common?? Looks like I am going to have to try and
reinforce these mounts.

On another note, My restoration of 3365 is going smoothly so far, I
have the frame back under the body and have the rear suspension fully
assembled. The front is partially together and I have most of the
cooling system in. Hopefully by next weekend I will be installing my
engine/tranny and begin my adventure with the "rat nest" of wires and
hoses in the engine compartment.