From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 511
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2001 5:08 AM

1. RE: Luggage Compartment Seals
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

2. Re: Luggage Compartment Seals
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

3. RE: Luggage Compartment Seals
From: "Fernando Dillard" <fdillard_at_dml_earthlink.net>

4. Re: Luggage Compartment Seals
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Re: Connectors
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

6. Re: Connectors
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

7. Re: Washington DC DeLorean get together.
From: nick <nicky4xx_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. fuel pump wiring
From: "Drinkware" <marvin_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

9. The early days of DML
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

10. Re: Volvo valve in air intake
From: Roland Barmettler <roli_at_dml_delorean.ch>

11. Re: fuel pump wiring
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

12. Re: fuel pump wiring
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:43:34 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Luggage Compartment Seals

3M Weather-strip adhesive aka Gorilla Snot, works well for me.  It comes in
a squeeze tube.

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:36:21 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

At any large auto supply or auto body supplier get Trim Adhesive. 3M
makes an excellant product and it comes in either yellow or black. I
recommend the black, it is less noticeable. You apply to both srfaces
like contact glue and let it get tacky before appling. Whichever
vender you got the seal from should be able to help explain how to do
this and can also get you the glue.

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:42:12 -0700
From: "Fernando Dillard" <fdillard_at_dml_earthlink.net>

Roy,

I don't know what the recommended adhesive is but I used:

Scotch-Grip

1357 High Performance

Contact Adhesive

On seals that were coming off. I may be hard to get because its

meant for industrial/professional use. My brother in-law had some that
he

got through a previous job.

Maybe the list has the name of a more readily obtainable adhesive.

Fernando,

VIN# 10811

I recently purchased the luggage compartment seals to replace my old

cracked ones.  Unfortunately the strip of glue on the back is no

longer "sticky" enough to hold it on.  Does anyone have a
suggestion

for an adhesive to use?

Thanks,

Roy

VIN# 3172

--- Fernando Dillard

--- fdillard_at_dml_earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:08:33 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Roy,

We completely remove the hood, lay it on its back and adhere the seal using 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive #08008.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:41:30 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: Connectors

If you have a 5-speed this is perfectly normal. On an automatic car
the wires would go to a kick-down micro switch so at full throttle it
forces a downshift to the next lower gear. On a 5-speed there is only
1 micro so at full throttle it runs the lambda full on.

-- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "J Rowe" <rowejj_at_dml_n...> wrote:
>     I've got another question for you. There is a black connector
and a white connector towards the back of the engine by the cover that
goes over the throttle cable, they are both sort of attached to each
other.
> the white connector is plugged into another white connector and it
seems to go to something to do with
> the accelerator linkage under the air cleaner. My black connector
isn't connected to anything. Should
> it be? What do both of these do? Thanks for the
info...................Jason

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:04:02 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

The additional connector is used by auto transmission cars only.

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:46:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: nick <nicky4xx_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Washington DC DeLorean get together.

when is the dc get together?  i am in no va and have
not seen many cars recently...nick

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:54:08 -0400
From: "Drinkware" <marvin_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: fuel pump wiring

While driving, I hit a  pothole and the car motor stopped. The inertia switch was not affected. After wiggling the harness wires to the fuel pump, the car started. I found and  corrected a bare wire problem near the pump (the wire was coming out of the harness). However, the problem of the motor stopping occured again.

Can someone show or tell me the complete circuit for the fuel pump wiring and the actual location of the fuel pump ground (not the inertia switch). If I go directly from the battery to the RPM relay, to the pump, it works. If I use the existing wiring, nothing happens.

Where does the power come from, to the relay. We have battery voltage going into the RPM relay, but apparently no power coming out of the relay to the pump. Is there a way to test the relay?

Do  I want to replace the complete system and bypass the harness - 2 wires - from ground to the inertia to the pump, and from power to the relay to the pump?

Marvin Stein
vin # 4239
tel: 519 - 434 - 1666
fax: 519 - 434 - 7071
email: marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:24:53 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: The early days of DML

Just for fun, I tried the new search engine to find out when I first posted
and what I posted about.

I also was just starting to use the internet and email, we have sure come
along way since then.

We all were new guys once.

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

DeLorean Mailing List - 05/01/96

Monday, 6 May 1996         Volume 02 : Number 109

From: "Scott Mueller"
Date: Sat, 4 May 96 12:03:41 UT
Subject: Performing recalls -Vs- value

I have recently put VIN 00281 on the road.  I am considering entering my
car
in a show.  I was wondering if anyone knows if a car has the recall
performed
on it, is it worth more or less?
Would the car receive a higher or lower score in a show?
My father purchased this car before any were released for production.  It
has
been in storage for the last 12 years, and I would say that it is in
excellent
condition.
I have been tinkering with it for the past two years, mostly cleaning up
the
fuel system.

From: "Scott Mueller"
Date: Sat, 4 May 96 23:59:39 UT
Subject: REPLACEMENT SHOCKS

MY DELOREAN IS VIN 002981 AND HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR 12 YEARS.

THE GLOVE BOX LATCH HAS FALLEN APART.  ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET AN OEM
REPLACEMENT, WHAT OTHER CARS USE THE SAME LATCH?

I THINK MY SHOCKS NEED TO BE REPLACED.  THE WHEELS HOP WHEN ACCELERATING
AND
WHEN YOU HIT A BUMP.  ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE OEM REPLACEMENT IS?  HOW ABOUT
PARTS INTERCHANGE.

Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:14:09 +0200
From: Roland Barmettler <roli_at_dml_delorean.ch>
Subject: Re: Volvo valve in air intake

Hi Robert

Doc wrote:

> Roland, you are correct, when the engine is cold the valve allows the air
> flow to come from the hose that connects to the exhaust manifold. When the
> engine warms up, it closes that path way off and allows cool air in to the
> engine. This process allows the engine to warm up faster and prevents icing
> in the intake manifold.

Thank you for your accurate description. It makes sense for me now. ;-)

But isn't this whole air intake system with all its bends, hoses and
that valve posing quite some air flow restriction and therefore some
performance loss ?

Greetings,
Roland

Roland Barmettler - roli_at_dml_DeLorean.ch - http://www.DeLorean.ch - VIN #11512

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:54:50 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: fuel pump wiring

Refer to the 1981 Delorean wiring Diaghram section 7-8 D. The fuel
pump is #179, the inertia switch #65, the rpm relay #109. BP is
black/green WP is white/purple and so on. The power for the fuel pump
comes from fuse #7 into the rpm relay. Refer to D:01:15 for
explaination of fuel pump circuit.

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:22:09 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Marvin, If you will go to my web site www.specialtauto.com, look under wiring, there is a wiring diagram for the fuel system. If you have any questions, your welcome to call me.