From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 541
Date: Sunday, May 13, 2001 4:38 AM

1. Re: What kind of shocks
From: Dmc3360_at_dml_aol.com

2. Bauerle Automotive Is Great !
From: maddog6198_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: DeLorean Body Kit & Door Rubber
From: "sk1pper" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>

4. Creative Angle Drive repair
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>

5. Re: EUROFEST 2001
From: "carteblanche" <carteblanche_at_dml_franceplus.com>

6. Re: Re: 5th gear grind
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

7. Going Xenon .. really so expensive?
From: Stephen Jones <smj_at_dml_delorean.com>

8. Gauge problems
From: "Fernando Dillard" <fdillard_at_dml_earthlink.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:34:53 EDT
From: Dmc3360_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: What kind of shocks

In a message dated 5/12/01 6:54:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
govenorofvirginia_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> THe car seems to ride very rough.  What kind of shocks
> do you folks recommend.

Well I recently installed PJ Grady's new shocks on my car.  I too was
unsatisfied with the stock shocks and how stiff the ride was.  Grady's new
shocks are like night and day compared to the stock shocks.  The ride is
fantastic.  I also installed their front lowering springs as well.  The ride
is very smooth and far better than the stock setup.  The shocks are even
adjustable and look stock.  Check them out at www.pjgrady.com

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLoren Mid Atlantic

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 13:22:36 -0000
From: maddog6198_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Bauerle Automotive Is Great !

I took my 83 D to Bauerle Automotive in Radnor, Ohio (740) 595-3348
to have an erratic idle issue corrected & the fuel tank and pump
repaired... Both Dave Bauerle & Steve were excellent people and true
professionals to deal with... They invited me to walk around their
shop & look around.... I counted 14 other D's in there besides
mine... My D runs absolutely perfect & Dave saw some things that he
corrected after he road tested the vehicle. If your are in the tri-
state area... there is no doubt you will be treated fairly and
professionaly by a TRUE DeLorean technician...Plus, they are
genuinely nice guys to deal with....  I am glad to post this message
to pass "good news" and help along to fellow D owners.

Regards!
John Curry
83 DeLorean
Vin # 15943

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 12:16:49 -0500
From: "sk1pper" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Body Kit & Door Rubber

have you had any luck with your question?

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:44:39 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>
Subject: Creative Angle Drive repair

Hello everyone,

I've just crawled from under my car getting the Angle Drive off since it had
broken. Well I had on hell of a time getting this baby off!
One of the previous 4 owners of my car fixed it after a previous breakdown , but
took it off the wrong way, thus damaging the mounting piece that goes into the
spindle nut.
He worked around this by mounting the drive with EPOXY and securing the lower
speedo cable to the brakeline into the caliper, so it wouldn't move.

You can see this creativity preserved for mankind at:
<http://www.vdwouw.demon.nl/epoxydrive.jpg>
At first I thought it was dried out axle grease, but is wasn't! I had to chisel
off the epoxy to remove the drive... Looks like there's no core excnhange
possible anymore  :-(

I'm going to go for the HardCore replacement from PJ Grady,
but I just thought I would share the sight with you all  ;-)

Greetings from teh -currently- sunny Netherlands,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/
------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:56:28 +0200
From: "carteblanche" <carteblanche_at_dml_franceplus.com>
Subject: Re: EUROFEST 2001

[Moderator's note: I didn't know how to forward this from the mailing list queue to the proper person so I'm posting it to make sure Cyril gets the proper information.]

Sorry to come so late but I am coming from france with my Delorean on Friday
morning through Saturday night
At what time is the visit of the museum of Giugiaro and the seminar
begining?

I am interested by:
-museum: $10
- factory tour $45

We are 2 in the DMC VIN 1804 (from the DMC french Club)

Cyril Binet du Jassonneix
Tel: 00.33.1.47.43.90.09
e-mail carteblanche_at_dml_franceplus.com

Sorry for this late answer but my job takes me a lot of time. Let me know if
we can pay on those days.

Passion for DMC

Cyril

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 16:12:17 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Re: 5th gear grind

Michiel,

You said:

"A bigger bore results in a bigger area, if your foot provides the same force on the pedal the hydraulic pressure would be less. Engaging the pressureplate would take the same force as before, so to meet
up you have to press your foot harder)."

Not true.

You also said: .

"Forget the steelbraided clutchline for a moment, it's a little expensive and, in my opinion, it has not that much effect. Go for the pedal-linkage. It's that black, metal bracket that ......."

The stainless steel braided clutch line is the product of choice to correct gear clash problems. Although the adjustable clutch link can also correct the problem of incomplete clutch disengagement, the additional travel of the master cylinder piston can lead to premature seal failure inside the master cylinder.

You also said:

"Could it be a synchromeshring? For the 5th? at 24.000 miles on a trans with a hell of a reputation?

 Your 5th gear clash problem is more than likely being caused by a damaged synchronizer gear. You are correct that the DeLorean transmission has an extremely good reputation. You will be interested to know that 98% of all DeLorean manual transmission problems were or are caused by drivers forcing the shifter in and out of gears. The factory installed plastic clutch line was or is the single component responsible for this problem.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

Web Site: <deloreanservices.com>

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 15:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Stephen Jones <smj_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Going Xenon .. really so expensive?

I was looking to get a set of xenon lamps to replace
the Sylvania sealed halogen.  I know that the wiring
would support 55-60W (at least I believe so).  Its my understanding that with 'xenon lamps' you don't really have a sealed lamp like with the older halogen lamps, but rather a new lamp casing with a bulb.  I wasn't sure myself what would work as a replacement, but the pricing for most setups didn't seem to be too expensive.  Does anyone have a recommendation of what to use or what they are using to get whiter, brighter beams for cheap?

YourName_at_dml_delorean.com -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com"> DeLorean Motor Company</a>!

Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:2:28 -0700
From: "Fernando Dillard" <fdillard_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Gauge problems

Hi List,

I just replaced my binnacle and now my temp, battery gauges and blinker
lights are acting funny. Only the left blinker comes on with the headlights off.
however when I turn the headlights on the left blinker light comes on and stays
on. At the same time the temp gauge will go all the way up and the battery gauge
all the way down. Do I need to reseat the connectors to the binnacle? Or is
there something else I should be looking at?

My battery does need to be replaced.

Thanks,

Fernando

VIN 10811