From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 542
Date: Monday, May 14, 2001 4:21 AM

1. Re: Gauge problems
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

2. Gas Tank Fixes
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

3. Need For Speed Video Game
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>

4. Owners in Michigan
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com

5. Someone at PNDC tech session...
From: "Aaron King" <floodle_at_dml_subdimension.com>

6. Re: Going Xenon .. really so expensive?
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>

7. DeLorean key blanks
From: dirk_at_dml_bettycat.de

8. Re: EUROFEST 2001
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

9. Whistle sound/squeal?
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Re: EUROFEST 2001
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Fwd: Bowie 2001
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

12. Re: Fitting tires in the car?
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

13. Re: DeLorean key blanks
From: Lee <immerse_at_dml_pacbell.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 02:58:41 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: Gauge problems

If you look at the wiring diaghram all of the things that are having a
problem have the #12 connection to ground in common. Reseat the
connecters paying particular attention to the ground connections. You
could also clean the ground connection alongside the left front wheel
on the frame as well "just to be sure!" Since you didn't have these
troubles before you went into the dash you could assume you had
something to do with it ie: you knocked something loose or made a bad
connection. When I am deep inside something, like the dash,  before I
close it up I try to test it. Murphie's law: The more fasteners there
are to close up the more likely something will go wrong after you do!
I don't think this is due to a bad battery but if you suspect it is
bad get it tested and or replaced.

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 03:23:41 -0000
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Gas Tank Fixes

Group, If you would like to see the new products for the gas tank.
Filter screens, gas pick up lines, return lines, go to the web site
under fuel systems. I also added several new other products in other
places.http://www.specialtauto.com/fuelsystems.htm
Thank
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 00:52:19 -0400
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>
Subject: Need For Speed Video Game

I was in the middle of my weekly "D" parts search and accidentally stumbled onto a "Need For Speed" video game site. If anyone is interested,  I found they have added the DMC-12 to the list of available cars you can download for use in the game. You can see and download it as a zip file at:
http://www.inetria.com/nfc/ftp/file.cgi?file=nfs4/cars/DMCDelorean.zip

I'm not a big video game player, but I thought it was mildly cool...

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 05:21:18 -0000
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com
Subject: Owners in Michigan

hi,

I was driving today (not in the D) and saw a Delorean in west
michigan driving down 84th street in Lowell/Grand Rapids (i was in
the white jeep that honked at you).  I was wondering if you were on
the list.
Also, any list members in Michigan that want to get together with the
D's somewhere in Grand Rapids please drop me a line.  The only other
Delorean owner on the list who regularly drove his Delorean with me
moved to Auston, Texas....you know who you are.....

take care,
Erik
4512

p.s
I went to a car show today on accident, kind of.  I wanted to drive
through all the cars that were there just to see what was on display
(i took the Delorean) immediatly everyone crowded around the car, so
much for driving though.  The doors went up, the jaws went down.  20
min later I was able to get back in and drive away, late for the
appointment I had somewhere else, but well worth it.

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 06:13:52
From: "Aaron King" <floodle_at_dml_subdimension.com>
Subject: Someone at PNDC tech session...

I apologise for using the list like this, but I can't remember anyone's name
to save my life.  I'm looking for the person who was at the latest PNDC tech
session at FAME Auto.  He had his D equipped with what looked like a cold
air intake.  The airbox was removed, and in its place was a metal pipe
attached to a cone shaped air filter element (possibly K&N).  If you are on
the list (or if anyone else has done this to their car, please contact me
privately.  (looreff_at_dml_hotmail.com)

Thanks,

Aaron King
Kirkland, WA
vin#1217

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:11:50 +0200
From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl>
Subject: Re: Going Xenon .. really so expensive?

Stephen Jones wrote:

> I was looking to get a set of xenon lamps to replace
> the Sylvania sealed halogen.  I know that the wiring
> would support 55-60W (at least I believe so).

This XENON-thread has come up many times before,
take a look in the archives for more detailed info...

The outer lights are 55/60W, with 60W being high beams,
the inner lights are single filament at 55W
only coming on with high beams.

> Its my understanding that with 'xenon lamps' you don't
> really have a sealed lamp like with the older halogen
> lamps, but rather a new lamp casing with a bulb.

I think your confusing Xenon with E-type headlights:
in Europe Sealed beams are illegal, so on european cars
the lights are replaced with new housings wich take a
replacable bulb, fot the outer lights you'd need "H4"
for the inner "H3" or "H1" depending on which housings
you (get) install(ed).
When switching over to these kind of lights,
make sure you cross over the wires for high and low beams
in the connectors. If you don't, you'll get really weird
symptoms on your dash-lights and inner lamps...

Xenon-lights are very expensive (like over $1000,-)
They don't work with a filament, but a controlled arc
between two electrodes. To get enough power you'd need
a transformer to get to a couple of 1000 volts.

Also, because of the enormous amount of light they
produce a leveling-system is mandatory in most places
because without it you would be blinding traffic in
opposite direction continuosly...

The Mercedes E-type cars were the firts production cars
to have this Xenon-light-system.

> I wasn't sure myself what would work as a replacement,
> but the pricing for most setups didn't seem to be too
> expensive.  Does anyone have a recommendation of what
> to use or what they are using to get whiter, brighter
> beams for cheap?

By my own (European) experience, you can convert to the
E-type lights for around $100,-, but you'd have to check
if it's legal to do so where you live.

Good Luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/
------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 16:22:17 +0200
From: dirk_at_dml_bettycat.de
Subject: DeLorean key blanks

[ Moderator note: Rob Grady sells key blanks reproductions as does the DeLorean Motor Company in Houston. I belive they're priced around $25 ]

Hi :))

Does anybody know, wether Lee Seiler is still selling his selfmade DeLorean
key blanks ?
I wrote several eMails to him but didnīt receive any answer.

If someone has a pair of this black key blanks for sale, please email me
privately.

Thanks

Dirk
(VIN # 6795)

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 13:45:43 EDT
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: EUROFEST 2001

In a message dated 12-May-01 10:23:54 PM GMT Daylight Time,
carteblanche_at_dml_franceplus.com writes:

> Sorry to come so late but I am coming from france with my Delorean on Friday
> morning through Saturday night
> At what time is the visit of the museum of Giugiaro and the seminar
> begining?
> I am interested by:
> -museum: $10
> - factory tour $45
> We are 2 in the DMC VIN 1804 (from the DMC french Club)
>
> Cyril Binet du Jassonneix
> Tel: 00.33.1.47.43.90.09
> e-mail carteblanche_at_dml_franceplus.com

Cyril,
You have missed the dealine, but since you are driving all the way from
France I will allow two places for the museum and factory tour.  You can pay
when you arrive in Belfast.  The museum tour leaves the Europa Hotel at 9am
on Friday 25th May.
Also, what is the name for the other person??  Please let me know as soon as
possible so that your passes can be manufactured.
Best wishes,
Robert Lamrock
Eurofest Organiser

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:26:56
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Whistle sound/squeal?

Just got back home from a 2hr. trip to a carshow here in Norway.
Everything went smooth of course, great show, great weather and great
driving! B

ut on the return trip home I noticed a very low-frequent whistle
sound/squeal coming from around the steering wheel area. Now, the sound did
not appear over and over again, only a few times, I think also it appeared
when taking on curves (left/right).

Now, what can this sound be? It was not like a "bad" sound if you know what
I mean, just a bit annoying. Like something needed a squirt of oil or
something. And the sound came definitely from inside the car.
Please help!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:33:38
From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Just been to the DMCNEWS page. I can see that only 8 person have submitted
their photo to the Who's who in Belfast...

I encourage everyone who is coming to Eurofest to send in their photo to
Dave. That way we can recognize each other...but maybe you aren't interested
in that or? :-)

Come on, show your face!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759
-looking forward to return to her birthplace! Getting new disc brakes and an
oil change tomorrow, along with some other fluids, wants to be ready for the
long drive to England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and back
to Norway. Getting a torsion bar adjustment in Liverpool...Wants to show her
wings in full pride...

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:42:06 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Fwd: Bowie 2001

    This is the registration form for those DMC owners interested in the
Bowie British Car day.

    You can view pictures at;
http://hometown.aol.com/britishcarday/myhomepage/register.html

    The show information is also available at the DeLorean Owners Association
web site;
http://www.delorean-owners.org/

    The Tucker car collection is on a tentative schedule. Would those owners
participating rather have the day before to tour the collection or tour the
collection after the show?

Please email me with your preference.

Sincerely,

Mike Pack
DOA 4743

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:18:31 -0000
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Fitting tires in the car?

Based on my experience yesterday, I'd say "no". I drove with two rear
tires side-by-side in the passenger seat (vertically, the door would
not close with the tires horizontal). If you are short you can get
one more behind the drivers seat on the package shelf horzontally,
but the seatback will be at a very "tall" angle. And you better not
have long legs.

Either make two trips to the tire mounting place, or put the car on
jackstands take the wheels and tires off and put all of them in a
minivan or pickup. (That's what I did in similar circumstances). Nice
thing about this is that you don't have to leave your car with
persons of dubious integrity.

Dave

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:08:41 -0700
From: Lee <immerse_at_dml_pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean key blanks

> Hi :))
>
> Does anybody know, wether Lee Seiler is still selling his selfmade DeLorean
> key blanks ?
> I wrote several eMails to him but didnīt receive any answer.
>
> If someone has a pair of this black key blanks for sale, please email me
> privately.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dirk
> (VIN # 6795)

Yes Lee still sell his DMC key blanks!!! He has had quite a bit of trouble with
e-mail but that problem should be over now.

Lee Seiler