From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 558
Date: Monday, May 28, 2001 4:39 AM

1. Re: wheel alignment in NJ
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

2. Re: startig problem
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

3. Car starts!
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

4. Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates
From: selash_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

6. Eurofest Last DMCNews Update (for a while)
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

7. Re: rough running and gas
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

8. Eurofest
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

9. 3 questions
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 05:07:32 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: wheel alignment in NJ

In northern NJ I can recommend a shop in North Bergan. It is on
Kennady Boulavard at about 54 st. It is called K+C Brake service. They
have a modern computerized 4 wheel alignment rack and people that know
how to use it. They did my car and have the specs programmed in.
Alternatively try to find a place that does cars for the towns and
large collision shops, they are generally well known to the local
shops. You want to see a modern machine with people that can use it.
Although a modern machine isn't really needed it indicates a shop that
has a large customer base and are willing to spend on good equipment.
Shops with older equipment don't have the throughput to justify the
enormous investment required and the training to use it. This is a
specialty area and you want to find a shop that does alignments all
day long not just occasionaly. IMHO chains like Sears while they may
have the newest equipment don't always have the mechanics that know
how to use it. When you go to the shop bring a copy of the alignment
procedures so they can use it for reference. Before you go make sure
the car is not unusually loaded, has about 1/2 tank of gas, the tires
are properly inflated and are not worn out. Replace any worn or bent
parts or they cannot do an alignment correctly. Be prepared to spend
between $75 to $150 depending on labor rates and the time required to
check everything. It would also be a good idea to bring a new set of
trailing arm bolts and extra shims for the shop just in case you need
it.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., ttanaka504_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Dear. List
>
>               I am thinking about wheel alignment to my delorean in
NJ

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 05:14:29 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: startig problem

It sounds like your pump is having trouble sucking in fuel. Make sure
you didn't kink the pick-up hose when installing the pump, if you turn
the pump as you install it you could have kinked it. Another
possability is the hose is too soft and collapses under the vacuum.
Either put a spring in it or replace it. Make sure the baffle is
correctly installed on the end of the pick-up hose so the pump cannot
suck air. The trouble probably isn't as bad if you keep more fuel in
the tank.

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:52:08 -0000
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com
Subject: Car starts!

Well gang,
After working on my car for the past 3 and a half years now she
finally starts.....and idles! Whew. All that is needed now is to
properly tune the CO and Timing on it (although they seem very
close). For those of you who don't know...I am restoring my Delorean
from the Ground up and the engine was part of the restoration
process. :)

I wanted to thank everyone who had given me advice on my fuel
pressure problems and where to look. It was the Fuel filter causing
the restriction (and it was new and was not tightened on to much to
cause a restriction!) Anyway....if anyone needs me I'll be tinkering
with my Delorean tuning it to perfection. :)

Steve Rubano

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:59:16 -0000
From: selash_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates

Hello,

I am new to the list.  I just purchased #4912 and have discovered
that it does have an alarm.  The previous owner was not helpful
in helping me to deactivate it.  He told me it came with the car
and that he turned it off.  Well, he does not remember how
and I cannnot figure it out.  It is very annoying at times.
There is a toggle switch on the steering column that controls
it, but I cannot figure out how to change modes.  The previous owner
told me that he thought the alarm was a factory install,  I cannot
find any information on an alarm in the owners manual.  Any help
would be appreciated.  I am enjoying the car.  It tends
to be hard to start when warm, and I am looking into that problem.
which sounds like a common thread.  I will look into the archives.

Look forward to sharing on this list.

Tired of the alarm going off all the time,

Silas

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 18:07:03 -0000
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Purchased Delorean 4912 - alarm activates

Silas Wrote:

> I am new to the list.  I just purchased #4912 and have discovered
> that it does have an alarm.  The previous owner was not helpful
> in helping me to deactivate it.  He told me it came with the car
> and that he turned it off.  Well, he does not remember how
> and I cannnot figure it out.  It is very annoying at times.
> There is a toggle switch on the steering column that controls
> it, but I cannot figure out how to change modes.  The previous owner
> told me that he thought the alarm was a factory install,  I cannot
> find any information on an alarm in the owners manual.

Silas - That is because DeLoreans did not come with factory installed
alarms.  My best suggestion would be to take the car to a custom
alarm installation shop and see if they can identify the
manufacturer of the alarm installed in your car.  If you don't want
the alarm, they could probably disconnect it for you.

Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 00:11:13 -0000
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Eurofest Last DMCNews Update (for a while)

I've posted the last update, at least for a while, to
www.dmcnews.com. This covers the second half of Saturday and the
Sunday events.

I hope you all enjoyed it, and I apologize if I messed anything up. I
did most of this each night (morning?) at 2 am after several pints of
Smithwyck's. I hope it didn't show. I hope to clean it up when I get
back, in a few weeks, in the mean time I'm sure Tamir and the other
usual suspects will have their own documentaries on the event
shortly. It was a fantastic time, and I enjoyed the challenge of the
real-time website creation.

We made it on to London, so another adventure is starting.

See you in Houston and Memphis;

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:52:56 -0400
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: rough running and gas

Joe,

I think David T. and John H. are on target saying it is electrical in
origin.  Also, I tend to think that your problem is probably more apt to be
ignition than fuel related.  Once my car is fully warmed up, I can unplug
the frequency valve and it still runs fine (just a little too lean).  I
learned this by debugging a bad lambda relay.  If your problem persists even
when the engine is fully warmed up, then based on my experience with my car,
I think it isn't likely to be the lambda system.

I suggest checking the electrical connections around fuse #7.  I think you
might be loosing spark from a weak fuse connection, bad plug wires, coil or
whatever.

Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 18:30:18 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Eurofest

Hi

I literally just got back from Eurofest
Besides being tired It is hard to stop thinking about the show.

Rob Lamrock
Thank you for a great show.

This show was unique with just the setting that it was in
Belfast and the surrounding are were very picturesque, clean and interesting.

The show itself consisted of various DeLorean Related adventures and a lot of
time was spend with input from former DeLorean Employees.  I saw for the
first time thedocumentation of the DeLorean Benefit and Medical packages
offered by the company at its start.  There were books, articles and a tour
of the facility.

Included in the package was a helicopter flight over the facility.  The
flight will certainly be one of the major highlights.

I have enjoyed many DeLorean events but I think Rob gets the prize on this
one.
The Saturday events were especially well planned and executed.

I even told him at the dinner that I would have never have attempted to move
so many people so many times in such a short time
He had the busses running.

Again my best regards Rob and If you do it again I will most certalnly be
there.
For those that were not able to make it this truely was a memorable event.

Ken Koncelik
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">DeLoreancarshow.com</A>

Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 18:46:40 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: 3 questions

I could use a little help so if you can please e-mail me back privately

1.  At Eurofest there was a car from Germany there with the control panels
mounted on the ceiling that I wnated to get more information on.  this is the
same car with the newly refurbished interior.  If anyone knows the owners
email or address I would appreciate it.

2.  Does anyone have experience with remote cams more on a comercial basis
than just above your computer for fun.

3.  I am looking for a copy of the Two manuals for the benefits package that
I saw at Eurofest.  Has anyone seen these before I don't remember it being
mentioned on the DML and if so I would like a xerox or email copy so I can
just read it.  the person who had it at Eurofest ( an original employee) was
kept rather busy by curious onlookers.

Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 01:27:12 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

My best advice to you if you cannot get the documentation for the
alarm or the installation would be to carefully dissect the entire
alarm out of the car. The alarms that you can install today are far
superior to anything you probably have in the car. It will probably
cost more to troubleshoot and understand your alarm then to remove it
and install a new one. After a couple of years you generally cannot
get support for old alarms and if they didn't document the install you
don't know where to start. Unless you are going to use it as a daily
driver or you live in a large city you don't even need it anyway. A
good battery master switch will keep it from getting robbed and the
car cannot be "slim jimmed" open like a conventional car. The alarm
was not a factory install but the selling dealer may have done it.