From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 561
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 5:05 AM

1. RE. To spray or not to spray that is the question....?
From: "JamesRG" <jamesrg_at_dml_btinternet.com>

2. Re: still clonking
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

3. Black interior '82 Models
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

4. Re: painting louver
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>

5. DOC UK Eurofest Report
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

6. Re: still clonking
From: "Vicky Miller" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>

7. update to my famous fuel problems
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. Car and Driver mention
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

9. Re: Broken shift lever
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>

10. Re: still clonking
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com

11. Greenwich concours d'Elagance
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

12. buy
From: winggundam02001_at_dml_yahoo.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:22:45 +0100
From: "JamesRG" <jamesrg_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: RE. To spray or not to spray that is the question....?

Go 4 It

I just re-sprayed my fascias, I had no previous experience of painting
before I did my fascias. There are a couple of important things to remember
firstly I rubbed my fascia down and did a small test spray, I found that the
paint I was using was reacting with the existing pain and going oily (always
do a small test patch and allow to fully dry before doing the whole thing).
Secondly use a primer as primers generally fill any small scratches and will
give you a better finish.
Lastly, don't be afraid of painting, I learned that there really is nothing
to be afraid of when painting because if you go wrong just start again, it
is worth trying to straiten out any warps in the fascia before you paint it.

My whole job cost 12.00 or $16.00 and it looks very good, there are some
small blemishes which you can see if you really look closely but it is at
least 1000 times better than it was.

Hope this builds some confidence.

Regards

James RG
England
Vin # 5462

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:47:36 -0000
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com
Subject: Re: still clonking

By placing the car on ramps you cam achieve this. It will keep the
weight on the suspension at the same time giving you access to under
the car safely. You may want to jack the car up and placing the ramps
under the wheels then lower the car onto the ramps. You won't have to
worry about driving it up onto the ramp and pray that you have enough
ground clearance.

Steve

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:11:26 -0000
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Black interior '82 Models

What I want to know is does anyone own, or know of
someone who owns a 1982 DeLorean with a vin 10579
or under that has a black interior?  Even though I am
already the proud owner of an 83 with black interior,
I don't want another one right now, but I want to
know if I could buy an 82 model with the original color
black interior carpet (dark gray as opposed to light gray)
I know Black 82's were rare and from looking at the
chronology it doesn't look like any black interior cars
were made before 10580.  Is this true?

John Yeoman

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:57:34 -0400
From: "Scott Cagle" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: painting louver

When I repainted my louvers, I tried 2 or 3 times and could never get it to spray evenly.  Not only did I have that problem, but the heat from the engine always caused it to fade.  I finally went the route of using flat black grill paint.  Withstands heats up to something like 1200 degrees, worked real well.

Scott

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:46:56 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: DOC UK Eurofest Report

Hi All,

I have made my humble attempts at doing this last weekend justice. Loads
of photos from the Friday and Saturday at www.delorean.co.uk

I only wish I could have met more people - hopefully I will next year in
Memphis!

Martin
DOC UK Webmaster

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:57:02 -0400
From: "Vicky Miller" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>

hello all    how about loose steering rack bushings or a worn out rack?
just a thought. bob miller

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:05:57 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: update to my famous fuel problems

Hey all,

my DeLorean now sits in the service bay at Valley Imports in Fargo, ND - a
porsche, BMW, VW, and audi dealer.  here's the scoop:

they have the car actually RUNNING with a little bit of help.  the technician
got it running after a few turns of the key and a couple of gas pedal
thrusts.  it'll run now but it only sounds right in the higher RPM's, as in,
above 1500 RPM or so.  he was playing with the throttle and the CO screw and
he could get it running pretty damn good in the upper RPM's, then as it drops
down to idle, you have to be really careful about letting off on the gas or
else it will die.  he had to be really slow and help it along.  finally it
would hold an idle, but it surges up and down between about 400 RPM and 1100
RPM or so, in regular approximately one second intervals for each surge.  the
fuel pressure is within specs.  the car would dip down to about 400 RPM and
almost choke itself to death every time until it eventually does.  the tech
said that my suction fuel hose in the tank is pinching somehow, even though i
have one of Jim Reeve's springs inside of it.  he didn't say that this was
the reason the car won't run well though.  it's just a note.  he seems to
have the idea that my fuel distributer is faulty or malfunctioning.   for the
record, yes he is putting his thumb over the CO screw every time he works
with it.

anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this crazy idle?  i'm getting
closer yet i'm still so far!!!!!

Andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Car and Driver mention

  ok, this is kind of an obscure sighting, but humorous nonetheless. it was found in the Backfires section of the latest Car and Driver. this is in under the section where readers are responding to a previous article regarding the death of Oldsmobile. -Louie

"I am amused by the crocodile tears being shed by your editorial staff over the demise of the Oldsmobile marque. If your magazine had been even half as truthful over the years about the problems with Oldsmobiles as your writers now find space to admit, then perhaps-but only perhaps-it might still be around.     Sal Ramirez,  Carlsbad California

 Right, Ramirez, we killed Olds, plus De Lorean, Bricklin, Studebaker, Packard, and yo mama. Next up? Well, Ferrari is starting to get on our nerves!-Ed."

YourName_at_dml_delorean.com -- it's free from <a href="http://www.delorean.com"> DeLorean Motor Company</a>!

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:31:41 -0400
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Broken shift lever

I think I might have a used complete shifter-assembly in my spare parts box.
Contact me via regular e-mail if you're interested. Just give me a day to
look through the heap!

Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:13:06 EDT
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com

*****  Moderator's Note
Please turn off your caps lock - it looks like you are shouting...
*****

I KNOW THAT THIS MAY SEEM SIMPLE AND STUPID.  BUT, DID YOU CHECK TO SEE IF
YOUR SPARE TIRE IS SECURE WITH THE JACK AND OTHER TOOLS?  IF THEY ARE LOOSE
IT CAN MAKE A CLONKING SOUND.

Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 02:42:14 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Greenwich concours d'Elagance

This weekend is scheduled for a Concours d'Elegance. It will be held
on Saturday June 2 and Sunday June 3. I have been invited and will go
to represent our Marque. I will be there on Sunday June 3. For those
that are interested in attending the show further info is available
at www.greenwichconcours.com  This show is said to be the East coast's
Pebble Beach. There will be vintage and antique cars, boats, and even
an airplane! The people exhibiting are encouraged to come in period
dress. This is not your average car show!

Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 02:54:40 -0000
From: winggundam02001_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: buy

*****  Moderator's Note
You can see a list of DeLoreans for sale at www.dmcnews.com
*****

Do you have a list of deloreans for sale? and how many are there