From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 595
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 5:15 AM

1. Re: E-Bay steared me wrong (was DMC Prices)
From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Re: stainless steel illusion
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

3. Re: Advice on tuning my engine
From: Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl

4. Re: East Coast/Midwest DMC repair facilities
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Re: Diecast Delorean modem
From: "Randy Atamaniuk" <martydmc12_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. RE: Idle Problems
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

7. Re: stainless steel illusion
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>

8. RE: Connecticut Delorean Owners
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:47:50
From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: E-Bay steared me wrong (was DMC Prices)

I must say I got my DeLorean off of ebay for $15,000 from the orignal owner
and it had a couple of minor problems. and it is now my everyday car and
drives great! They arn't all bad.
                   Ryan- vin.#16301

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:46:17 -0000
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: stainless steel illusion

There were a couple copies on e-bay last week, I think one auction may
still be in progress.

John Yeoman

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Ryan Foster" <westiething_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> I use to borrow the book "DeLorean stainless steel illusion" from
the local library.  Does anyone have a copy of this book for sale? I have been >looking

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:54:11 -0000
From: Jan_at_dml_vdWouw.Demon.nl
Subject: Re: Advice on tuning my engine

--- "Marc A. Levy" wrote:
> I have always suspected that the removal of the CAT causes
> some problems with the accuracy of the O2 Sensor.

This COULD be: removal of the cat makes the gasses flow more freely
and perhaps a little faster, so the Lambda sensor gets a smaller
dosage
to measure (I guess)... The cat restricts gas flow in one specific
location, just the location the O2 sensor is placed at (another
guess)...

The funny thing is that I know of several other people that have
their cat off (they inspired me to do so too) and they do NOT have my
problems...

DMC Joe gave soem advice I will have them check out, if this doesn't
work I'll just leave it as it is then.
Can backfiring really do any damage? Or does the backfire have to be
really severe for that (like damaging the valves or something like
that?)

Thanks,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:51:36 EDT
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: East Coast/Midwest DMC repair facilities

In a message dated 6/18/01 7:07:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ajutte_at_dml_aol.com
writes:

<<  Looking for reputable,
 knowledgable repair facility in either the Midwest or East Coast.
 (Michigan or New York)   >>

You might want to check out a little De Lorean repair place called PJ Grady.
They are located on Long Island and have only been repairing De Loreans for
19 or 20 odd years.  They should be able to help you get your De Lorean back
on the road!  Check out their web page at www.pjgrady.com.  They have done a
lot of great things for the De Lorean including all the "Zilla" line of
plug-in electrical products for the De Lorean.  Hope that helps!

Later,
Nick
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:25:56 -0600
From: "Randy Atamaniuk" <martydmc12_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Diecast Delorean modem

These new diecast DMC-12's are a product of SunStar America, Inc.
http://www.sunstartoys.com

They are 1/18 scale cars and are extremely detailed.  To view the prototype,
check out... http://www.sunstartoys.com/2701/2701.htm

Randy Atamaniuk
VIN #16353

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:28:57 -0400
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>
Subject: RE: Idle Problems

I am sorry if I missed this one but here is my problem:

The idle on my D starts out at 1000, then quickly goes from 500 to 1000 and
back and forth and continues every time I get to a light.  It almost feels
like it is about to die out.  I changed the coil and coil wire as was
recommended by a friend but that did not fix it. Any ideas PLEASE!

Jack.

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:14:55 -0400
From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof_at_dml_prodigy.net>

There is one copy of that book being offered on ebay this week.  Item #
1438842891  along with an unusually large lot of  Delorean parts and
memorabilia. I think the bid started out at five bucks. Just type in
Delorean, you'll find it.

Rustproof

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:28:27 -0500
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Connecticut Delorean Owners

Contact your department of motor vehicles and ask for a list of
registered owners.  It will cost a nominal fee.