From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 604
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2001 4:37 PM

1. Re: Key blanks
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

2. Re: A/C compresser
From: RFLRKV_at_dml_cs.com

3. Re: Key blanks
From: Lee <immerse_at_dml_pacbell.net>

4. Re: How the DeLorean's Power Locks Work.
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Re: "worlds fastest Delorean"
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com

6. Is this a DMC?
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

7. Graceland fun facts
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8. tempurature and malfunctioning tach
From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu>

9. Re: "worlds fastest Delorean"
From: rnx2000_at_dml_hotmail.com

10. Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

11. Re: How the DeLorean's Power Locks Work.
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

12. Re: Squeeling sound from clutch
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: How the DeLorean's Power Locks Work.
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Finicky Windows
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

15. New Delorean Owner
From: "Bastiaan Olij" <mux_at_dml_wxs.nl>

16. RE: Key blanks
From: "Buckner, William" <William.Buckner_at_dml_pfizer.com>

17. DeLoreans in Los Angeles
From: Grigor Maksudyan <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. What I don't understand about the Central Door Locking
From: Sacha Prins <sacha_at_dml_prins.net>

19. Re: Key blanks
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

20. Clutch line
From: johndmc57_at_dml_yahoo.com

21. Brake squeal
From: johndmc57_at_dml_yahoo.com

22. A couple of things
From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r_at_dml_hotmail.com>

23. Re:Different door guides (was:Trapped in a DeLorean?)
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

24. Hood
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_online.no>

25. RE: Found Window Stickers
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:41:07 -0000
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com
Subject: Re: Key blanks

I had an extra key made at a Wal Mart store last year. The Key brand
said "Axxess +" Key type was #51. The key type that it was copied
from was an ilco, # X239 RV4. I know that others have had difficulty
with getting keys made at store like it, but the new key from Wal
Mart actullay turns much easier in my locks than my old one.

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:14:36 EDT
From: RFLRKV_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: A/C compresser

 A sanyo compressor is the right brand. SD-510,model# 8494.
  Yes the 'lower' tube does a couple of 90's to head 'forward.
                      Richard in San Diego

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:29:56 -0700
From: Lee <immerse_at_dml_pacbell.net>

johndmc57_at_dml_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does anyone know what key blank I need to have some extra keys made.I
> only have one now. Also does anyone know what I can use for a
> replacement rubber boot for the ball joints.
> John

reply:

You can get DMC logo key blanks from DMC Houston or try the manufacture
- at:  Lee <immerse_at_dml_pacbell.net>

Lee

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:17:05 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: How the DeLorean's Power Locks Work.

Central locking is now standard on almost all european cars, though remote
central locking is also common. Sounds like a standard afer-market alarm with
remote door lock module will work fine on a DeLorean (fitted one to my
Citroen some time ago)

Martin

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:15:28 EDT
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: "worlds fastest Delorean"

Spring of 1988 Delorean World has a reprint of the Sports Car Illustrated
article. It only says a Northern Calif. owner. But it is an awesome machine.
I also would like to revisit it after 12 years.
Ralph VIN 1606

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:20:50 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Is this a DMC?

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some parts on ebay and I saw this picture. Is that a
DeLorean on the left behind the Maserati?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592425949&r=

0&t=0

Sincerely,
Michael Pack
DOA 4743

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 20:04:52 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Graceland fun facts

I just received the hotel list and true to form as happened in the Cleveland
Show approximately half of those registered are new to the show
to be exact 42% are1st time.

Thank you

Ken
<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com">DeLoreancarshow.com</A>

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 20:09:10 +0200
From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu>
Subject: tempurature and malfunctioning tach

I am going to look at an 82 dmc with 27k on it which is a strait, clean, turnkey car, however the tach is said to work half the time and the water temp stays at 200 degrees. What do you all think it would take to fix the tach(money and time wise too) and what do you think about the temp, is this a scary thing on a stock D or is this not that bad and would be fine with a lower temp fan switch and thermostat(perhaps the thermostat is stuck half open? Other than that I have to beleive the car is exactly as it should be.
Thanks, Casey at putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:33:40 -0000
From: rnx2000_at_dml_hotmail.com

The car was involved in a front end collision some time ago. Efforts
were made to rebuild it, but the car has been placed onto the back
burner for some time.

If you want to see the car you are not far off. Go to the d services
part of entermyworld.com. Second picture down upperleft hand corner
you can see whats left of the car.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., delorean502_at_dml_e... wrote:
> Does anyone know of who owns the self proclaimed "Worlds Fastest
> Delorean" that has a Buick V6 with twin turbos created by Gale
Banks

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:36:02 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

If you do find a welder who has experience with stainless he should
also be competant in the use of high frequency TIG. This is the only
way to do this work without exessive heat build-up and distortion.
This repair can be done. I had a shop where we built S/S elevater
doors, frames, and cabs. Not only do you have to weld parts together
but there are the inevitable repairs from shop mistakes, dings, and
field screw-ups. I had a welder that could weld a 2x4 to a brick or at
least he claimed! My point is that a GOOD welder can do minor miracles
so try to find a shop that works on kitchen equipment or hollow metal
in your area and has a Tig welder that doesn't look like Noah might
have used it! You might try a local welding supply, they usually know
which shops are doing good work.  As for the X pattern get a piece of
2x6 about 6" long, sand it smooth and flat and use it on the blending
pad and don't use much pressure. On the rear sunshade I use Black
Again and I am happy with the results as it doesn't dry off as fast as
Armor-All. I think you are very persistant and patient to attempt this
project and not get frustrated and stop.Keep going! and good luck!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Dave Stragand <dave.stragand_at_dml_k...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On the 9th of June I finally got to do what I've been waiting for
for months
> -- pick up my body panels!
>
> Dave Bauerle was able to do a fantastic job on the RR quarter --
you'd never
> believe the bottom lip of the wheel wheel had been smashed as badly
as it
> was.  It looks like a brand new piece.
>
> Unfortunately, the doors had some areas he was not able to repair.
Both
> doors have large nicks on the top, right by the seal.  If you look
at the
> doors, you can see how difficult that area is to get to -- the area
is boxed
> by the door frame, and it's too small of an area to get a spoon up
into.

> I was planning on scrapping the doors, but someone recommended
having the
> gouges welded in with stainless, then ground down.  Anyone ever
attempted
> something like this before?  A stainless welder is going to be
stopping by
> my house next week to take a look and give his recommendations.
>
> So, while I waited, I started to slowly sand the many deep scratches
off of
> my hood.  I'm starting to get the dreaded "X"... any tips here would
be
> appreciated.
>
> Other than that, I've been doing smallish jobs.  Put in FanZilla,
ordered a
> few pieces, prep the rear deck & engine cover for painting...
>
> Speaking of which, since everyone uses semi-flat black and then
Armor-All or

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:43:48 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

One of the easiest ways to get "trapped" is to slam a badly adjusted
door closed. It isn't like you don't notice it because you probably
have done it many times but sooner or later it will jam. This has
NOTHING to due with Lockzilla. It cannot correct a misadjusted door or
lock. If you buy a Lockzilla to fix this problem you will be very
disappointed. Lockzilla does prevent you from locking the doors if a
door isn't closed all the way but it is not meant to correct this.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., senatorpack_at_dml_c... wrote:

>     I have the lock solenoids and the central power unit, all from
LockZilla.
> They are faithful and reliable.
>     There are significant improvements to the LockZilla versus the
original
> design. One improvement that immediately comes to mind is how the
locks sound
> and how quickly they operate.
>
>     As far as anyone unintentionally trapped inside the DeLorean,
I'm sure

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:41:41 -0000
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Squeeling sound from clutch

Stian, Naturally what Joe siad is correct about the throw out bearing
noise, Since I'm putting all new parts in my 11004 car I thought some
one might like to see what were talking about, clutch pressure plate
and throw out bearing. It's at the bottom of the engine page on my
site I have posted before and after it's changed will post after. I
will be adding a new catagory soon for Drive Train parts.  Sorry for
the in balance of the photo's, but I'm not the greatest web man.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.htm

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_o...> wrote:
> dmcrearHi there,
> Quite recently Ive noticed that the clutch is squeeling when the
clutch pedal is pressed. Not a high pitched sound, more like a low
pitch sound but still annoying. Almost like "something somewhere is
rubbing something"

> Last year the clutch fluid was changed with correct spec. I also
upgraded to the stainless braided clutch line. I have no troubles
shifting gears, yet the squeeling sound tells me something isnt quite
right.

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 04:15:53 -0000
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Jim and group. I to have taken the door lock module out and replaced
the relay's. One step futher I'm going to do is limit the
current/time the relay's contacts can operate. In other words, like a
current limiter/sensor on each leg of the relay to the solenoids. Not
one overated CB for both.  If the current is drawn to long or to much
due to a faulty or tired soleniod, instead of the circuit destroying
it's self and blowing diodes and burning the contacts up. It will
mearly cut off or blow a fuse or trip lighter current circuit
breaker. Most people like to up grade the main circuit breaker to
allow more current and not to be bothered with a nuisance of
replacing the circuit breaker. This is one reason they have problems.
We give them to much leeway. I will do just the opposite. By limiting
the time/current, I will give the solonoids just enough time to trip
but no more. If the are slow, it will trip a circuit to cut off the
voltage/current before it hurts anything futher. Then if the door
doesn't open, it's time to look at, rebuild or replace the door
solenoid. I also have a Fix for them in the works for an ease of
operation. Hopes this helps.
John Hervey
 http://www.specialtauto.com/

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_i...> wrote:
> Ok everyone, since not everyone is clear on the function of the
power locks, here is a detailed explanation.