From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 623
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 6:20 AM

1. Re: Bedminster Estate.
From: "Jeff" <Gr8old1_at_dml_aol.com>

2. Re: Fuel Tank Supplier (Was: Delorean Vin#000570)
From: "Matthew David" <DMC5524_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: Fuel Tank Supplier (Was: Delorean Vin#000570)
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: rotors
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Pictures of the Relay Compartment.
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>

6. RE: Re: front brake calipers
From: Cirillo Ronald A NPRI <cirillora_at_dml_npt.nuwc.navy.mil>

7. Re: rotors
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com

8. when do fans come on?
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com

9. antifreeze question
From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Not in Northern Ireland I'm afraid.
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 00:45:55 -0000
From: "Jeff" <Gr8old1_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Bedminster Estate.

ok, a little off topic, i know, but i believe everyone here will get
a kick out of it...

Just so everyone knows, these photographs on the mapquest site
originate from the Microsoft Terraserver project. These are photos
that are obtained from BOTH low orbiting satellites, AND airplanes.
If you go to http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com you can plug in
specific gps co-ordinates to see photographs, as well as entering
addresses. Also, the quality is much clearer and larger. A full-
screen 800x600 photo at full zoom will be approximately one-third of
a mile across. The terraserver will also tell you info about when the
picture was taken. I have an overhead shot of my town as a desktop
background and can actually see one of my cars parked on the street
(approx. date was July of 1997).

So good luck everyone, maybe if you're lucky your D was photographed
for posterity from space!

Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 04:59:27 -0000
From: "Matthew David" <DMC5524_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Supplier (Was: Delorean Vin#000570)

>Those of you who drive your DeLoreans daily, know that you have to fill gas
>very, very often compared to any other car be it old or new!
>Best wishes
>Stian Birkeland
>Norway
>
>VIN # 06759

I don't know why you think this way. I live in Wichita Kansas and about
three and a half years ago I bought my DeLorean in Chicago. My girlfriend
and I drove up in my car (1985 Camaro - V-8) and I drove the D back as she
followed. I had far more range in the D than she had in the very well
maintained Camaro. We would stop when the Camaro was empty and I would
easily have between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank left in the DeLorean. My DeLorean has
a manual transmission if that matters?

Just curious!?

Matthew
VIN 5524
Oct. '81

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:05:41 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

Stian,

You said:

"you have to fill gas very, very often compared to any other car be it old or new!......."

When you compare the gas mileage of many of the larger cars and SUV's here in the states the DeLorean at 26 to 28 MPG has a pretty decent driving range.

Yes; you can be very proud of Dyno Industries of Norway. They did an excellent job on the DeLorean fuel tank. The tank is not only safe and easy to service it also has a "0" failure rate even after 20 years. I'm always amazed how the tanks hold up even after contaminated gas (which can destroy most rubber and plastic components) has resided in the tank for years. After a thorough cleaning they look factory new.

DMC Joe
www.dmc.tv
"We're here to help you"

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:06:26 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: rotors

We know of no brake rotor crossover for the DeLorean. There is a plentiful supply of OEM's from your favorite DeLorean supplier.

DMC Joe
Bob B
www.dmc.tv
"We're here to help you"

Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:01:50 -0000
From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra_at_dml_isd.net>
Subject: Pictures of the Relay Compartment.

This morning I took the liberty of using my work's digital camera to
take some pictures of my relay compartment.  A detailed description
is with each picture.  Dont tell me things I have wrong, because I
know all of them.  However, it is mostly stock unless otherwise
noted.  So this can be a good reference to new owners.  It is under
the FILES section under the folder name "Relay Compartment".  Or this
link...

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:44:12 -0400
From: Cirillo Ronald A NPRI <cirillora_at_dml_npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
Subject: RE: Re: front brake calipers

There are replacement oversize (generic) bleeder screws.  You will have to drill and use a bottom tap to make the repair.  It should be a lot less expensive then the $250.  If it is only the screws that are striped and not the caliper it will be a whole lot cheaper.

Ron

Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:38:59 -0000
From: delorean502_at_dml_excite.com

I know that the original manufacturer of the rotors is still in
business.  Is there a reason that they cost so much?  $125+ for a
rotor seems a little steep to me.

Erik

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:12:14 EDT
From: Delorean17_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: when do fans come on?

Hello List,
    I have a question.  My temp gauge never goes past the first white line.
When starting from cold and I get right on the highway and drive 60 my
cooling fans still come on after 10 minutes of driving.  Sometimes they will
shut off for a minute but then come right back on even at 70 MPH.  I changed
my circuit breakers right after the car came out of storage and I wonder if I
switched up some wires somewhere.
      I replaced the otterstat with a new one because it was stuck open. Now
the fans  come on right on the first white line.  I thought they were not
supposed to switch until closer to 220.  My car is staying very cool because
the fans rarely shut off once they come on.  Any ideas on what this could be?
 I have the "fan fix" installed and an overheat protector.  The otterstat is
also mounted on the bottom of the coolant pipe and the coolant is full. Today
I disconnected the fans and drove around and the temp rarely got above the
first white line.(line between 220 and 100).  I am guessing I could have
purchased the wrong otterstat that turns on too early.  Any ideas?

Thanks
David

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: antifreeze question

I installed the DMCJoe overheat protector in my
Delorean... works great!

I have a small drip in the front of the car... not
bad, but it's there, and the car doesn't overheat..
doesn't come close...

Here is my question - antifreeze says 70/30 mix
maximum...I don't trust anyone around here to work on
my car, so I do not mind putting in antifreeze now and
then... but what is a pain is mixing it... I keep a
bottle in the trunk... in 5 months I havent even used
a half bottle, that will tell you how small the leak
is.. and it's not a pressure leak, its a drip...

Can I put straight antifreeze in the car?  I figured
the mixture was just something to make the jug go
farther.... but I am not sure... there are no cautions
to NOT use straight antifreeze, but I do not know if
the water does something critical like activate the
coolant or something...

bototm line - will it hurt to run straight prestone
antifreeze in the car without mixing???

Also, I wanted to say a very big thank you to DMCJoe,
once again for being the great guy that he is... as
I've decided to no longer try and keep my car under
4000 miles anymore (meaning I drive it for fun now!
woohoo!), I've discovered I have the hot-start
problem... I was at lunch, and it wouldn't start after
getting done eating... I called DMCJoe on the phone,
and as usual he was very cheerful, and he told me how
to disconnect the blue cold valve circuit or whatever
it is, and the car now runs trouble free... thanks
DMCJoe!

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:54:36 +0100
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Not in Northern Ireland I'm afraid.

Please save me from despair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will insure Deloreans in Northern Ireland?????

I get as far as my Post code is BT..........." No sorry don't do Northern Ireland"

When you go to the local insurers they come out with the most ridiculous figures. I could probably insure the Space Shuttle cheaper!

So who over here do you use?

Cheers

Paul
VIN... not with that insurance!