From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 648
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2001 4:33 AM

1. Re: fan troubles
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: volts one day, none the next
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: 16" & 17" wheel discussion
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Where should my clutch grab?
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

5. Screen Saver
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com

6. California DeLorean
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

7. Rear Louvre sun Shade
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

8. volt gauge fixed, questions remain
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:30:35 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: fan troubles

David, Sounds like the circuit breaker. If it's getting hot. Replace it. It
must have a tight connection due to the amount of current going thru it.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:27:42 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: volts one day, none the next

Christian, Check the brown/yellow  wire coming off the back of the
alternator. Also # 5 fuse and the light bulb could be loose in the socket. If
any of these are loose or a bad connection, that's what you will get. See it
on the diagram.
John Hervey
   http://www.specialtauto.com/alternators.shtml

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:55:22 -1000
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 16" & 17" wheel discussion

Skip,
There are a few problems with this. 1)Those wheels are not carried by the
tire rack anymore because the manufacturer who supplied them could not keep
up with demand. I waited 3 months for mine! 2)If you want a different style
wheel, you're gonna need a different spacer. 3)The wheel that you choose has
to have an offset that will allow for the right amount of "meat" on the
adaptor. The spacers can't be bigger than 1/2" (if I recall correctly), and
the adaptors can't be smaller than 1" 1/4" inch. Also, you need to find a
wheel that will come in 16" & 17" combinations that will have the
appropriate offset for the car to work with the spacers/adaptors. So,
there's a sort of balancing act when doing this. That's why it took me so
long to find a nice set of wheels that would fit my car correctly. I almost
had a brain meltdown from figuring it out so the wheels sat perfectly in the
wheelwell.

As far as the Koenig Monsoon's go, I looked at them as well. First of all,
Koenig's have a tendency to bend and crack easily. That was enough to thwart
me. I don't believe that the quality is there. I've seen many trashed at
various shops. Secondly, if I remember correctly, I didn't find a "bolt-on"
offset. I remember having trouble trying to make them fit right and look
like the stock size and indentation. I could be wrong here, but I remember
not having the right offset for the D.

If someone needs the specs for the Delorean rims, (offsets, centerhub
diameter and all) I can provide you with that if you'd like. I just have to
dig it up. It's somewhere buried and I have to find it.

I fit a set of rims on my friend Matt's car, and he seemed happy with the
result. Again, I racked my brain on his setup too, and I don't think I can
handle doing it again since it was very aggrivating for me. Just thinking
about it now hurts my head...lol. Even though I did it once before, I had to
take new measurements of his wheels to make the adaptors line up correctly
to his wheels. It was a real pain in the a$$. Maybe Matt could post some
pics of his D when it finally gets deliverd to him at his new home in AZ.

---Dan

Message: 11
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:56:02 -0000
From: sk1pper_at_dml_sk1pper.com

would you consider takeing orders for the spacers since your guy
already knows how to do them?

skipper landry
www.sk1pper.com

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:55:49 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>
Subject: Where should my clutch grab?

Before I installed the stainless hydraulic line, my clutch used to grab
right off the floor.  After I installed it the clutch now grabs at the top
of the pedal travel and feels very weak.  Is this normal?  The car had a new
centerforce clutch at 56,000 miles and it's only got 61,000 now so it
shouldn't be worn yet (I'm extremely easy on it).  Is there a way to adjust
it?  The old manual I have says the pedal free-play isn't adjustable, but
there's a nut on the master cylinder shaft that I can turn up or down.
Moving it doesn't seem to do anything so I'm wondering if I have to
disconnect the rod from the clutch pedal, twist it down, and then reattach
it?

Everyone's help is greatly appreciated!

payne

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:29:21 EDT
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Screen Saver

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
Please see the archives for information regarding screen savers.
*****

Hi Group,

Does anyone know where to obtain a DeLorean screen saver?

Frank
VIN:  16509

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:22:17 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: California DeLorean

Anyone out there have the California License plate; DLREANN  ?

Car has Wide Black Stripe.

Sincerely,

Michael Pack

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:52:35 +0100
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Rear Louvre sun Shade

Hi all

Does any one out there have a rear louvre for sale, mine needs replacing.

Cheers

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:54:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christian Williams <delorean_at_dml_framezero.com>
Subject: volt gauge fixed, questions remain

Yesterday when I wrote about my voltage meter displaying 0 volts, i didn't
think to check the #5 fuse, because the ignition light was working, along
with the tach (and i'm sure all of the others, but I'm not 100% sure on
them).

This morning, I checked on the car again, and this time, none of the
instruments were working. The tach was all the way clockwise, past 80. The
fuel gauge, oil pressure, temp, and volt gauges did not work. However, the
turn signal indicators and the headlamp indicators worked. I checked the
#5 fuse, found that it was blown, replaced it, and now the car is back to
100%.

So how is this possible? Is there still another problem below the surface?

-Christian