From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 649
Date: Monday, July 30, 2001 4:21 AM

1. Re: Where should my clutch grab?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Last call for Yokos
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>

3. TV Sighting - Car & Driver TV TNN Today!
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net

4. 2nd Bi-Annual Great Southeastern DeLorean Sports Car Cruise-In
From: seanm_at_dml_atlcom.net

5. Eurofest Photos of Test Track
From: "ian" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:19:04 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Where should my clutch grab?

Payne, I installed a new clutch in my car about 4 weeks ago, 51,000 miles car
# 11004. I used to feel the clutch was weak and was engaging a little of the
top. I adjusted the top of the peddle screw for more travel but after
installing the new clutch, it grabs a little off the bottom with plenty of
travel at the top. No, clutch peddle adjustment needed. My feeling is if you
need more adjustment than what the screw allows at the top, then you may be
ready for a new clutch. The new adjustment peddle linkage that Gradys sells
may be great to have,  but if it's needed, you may be covering up a problem
before it happens. Clutches won't last forever. If you keep driving the car
and the clutch is slipping, then when it goes you may hurt the flywheel which
will cost more money.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/drivetrain.shtml

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:38:24 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>
Subject: Last call for Yokos

A while back someone reported a rumor that our beloved Yokohama AVS
Intermediate tires were soon to be discontinued.  Apparently this has
come to pass.  Last week I went to tirerack.com to order a set and
discovered to my dismay that (unlike 3 weeks earlier) the front tires
are no longer available (as of today they still have the rears). I
called the friendly people at Tirerack.com and they said that the
tire was discontinued and they could no longer get new stock. They
gave me the customer service number at Yokohama Tires, who confirmed
this claim.  They said they were receiving a lot of irate calls. I
asked if a replacement tire was in the works. They replied that they
thought so, but have received no concrete information. They said that
this suggests that a new product was at least a year away.

In a mild panic, I started calling around everywhere.  Things were
looking grim until I finally called my local Sears Auto Center, who
were able to special order a set of 4 tires, which I just picked up.

Sooo, if you will be needing tires soon,  you might want to act quickly.

--pete lucas

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:57:43 -0000
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net
Subject: TV Sighting - Car & Driver TV TNN Today!

As it say's the Delorean was featured on Car & Driver TV for a 5+ min
Classic Car feature today Sunday 29th at 1PM.

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:26:29 -0000
From: seanm_at_dml_atlcom.net
Subject: 2nd Bi-Annual Great Southeastern DeLorean Sports Car Cruise-In

Once again SEDOC is hosting the bi-annual DeLorean cruise-in at Lake
Laniers Olympic rowing/kayaking venue September 15-16. This years
event is packed full of great attendance prizes, tech sessions, food
and friends. Like the 1999 event there will be many pre-registration
prizes which include door struts, sheepskin seat covers, tool kits,
an alternator, and much much more. Also like the previous event we
have been envited back to Road Atlanta to take laps before the
historical car race. For a chance to be eligable for the attendance
prizes registration must be postmarked by Aug. 31. One lucky entry
will also recieve free lodging during the event. For more information
and online registration please visit www.dmc.tv and click on the
cruise-in link about half-way down on the center of the page. A new
feature this year allows regisrants to pay by credit card on-line.
Please email me with any and all questions that the cruise-in site
does not help you with.
Thanks and hope to see ya there

Sean
seanm_at_dml_atlcom.net

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:16:11 +0800
From: "ian" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>
Subject: Eurofest Photos of Test Track

DMLers,

Just wanted to say a public thank you to David Swingle for allowing me to
use some of his Belfast Eurofest photos. I've decided to send a letter to
the Belfast Mayor (cc to Planning Dept. and Tourism Board) pointing out what
a lost opportunity it would be if they allowed the Test Trak to be
destroyed.

As well as being an asset for the local communities in terms of matured
landscaped open space, it is also a unique industrial heritage feature for
N.Ireland, and a possible tourist curiosity. A letter to the Mayor can't
hurt especially as the city is presently carrying out the 'Metro-plan'
identifying such landmark and urban design features and opportunities. There
is also ample space around the factory for their required extension.

Those who attended Eurofest and took photos at the track, did anyone capture
me driving my (reg. ANZ 2047) DeLorean? I'd really like a jpeg!

Regards,           IAN