From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 652
Date: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 5:13 AM

1. DeLorean on TV for an hour
From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: GVWR discrepancy
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

3. Re: Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

4. Re: anyone get their bras back from Colgan?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

5. RE: fan troubles pt 2
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

6. Re: Looking for an Alternator
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Advice
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Advice
From: franka_at_dml_charter.net

9. I might be in trouble....
From: "Jack Stiefel" <stiefel_at_dml_minalco.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean on TV for an hour

Wife called me, said there was a Delorean show,
talking about the car and JZD for a whole hour!

She didnt call me until it was over! (ACK!).

Does anyone know what this is, and when it will be on
again?

She said it had tons of info, and photos of the new
Delorean he wants to get in production.

I've never seen it before,
thanks,
mike

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:35:47 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>
Subject: Re: GVWR discrepancy

One road test of my car stated the weight was 2,838 lbs.  I weighed it at a
truck stop with me and 3/4 tank of fuel and it read exactly 3,000 lbs.  That
would suggest the magazine was right provided they weighed the car with
fuel.

Anyone else come up with a similar weight?

payne

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie Golden <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale

this reads to be a nice car. but isn't it a little over priced, though? the starting bid is almost $29,000.... i've seen the ads for twin turbo kits in D world, what do they run price wise anyways? and what about performance, i've seen they slice 0-60 times to the 5 second range, but what are they good for as far as horsepower and torque? i have always been interested in this upgrade, and hope to install it on a DeLorean when i buy one (which i am hoping to have one in time for memphis!). thanks! -Louie

Visit the De Lorean Motor Company web site at http://www.delorean.com to register for our Open House to be held August 10-12, 2001 in Houston, Texas! Don't miss it!

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:16:53 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: anyone get their bras back from Colgan?

Andy, Colgan was waiting to get them all back so they could run the batch all
at one time. I sent back 4 to be redone. Should be next week or so.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:11:58 -0500
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: fan troubles pt 2

Try downshifting when you run 40-45 to keep your RPMs about
the same as when you are running at 55 and see how the
fans behave.

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:10:24 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Looking for an Alternator

Les, New , old, or rebuilt. On the alternator.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:20:27 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Advice

Nick, You right, when the weather get hot the Hot start problems start coming
out. The #1 thing to replace is the accumulator.
You can see on my web site:
http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.shtml
John hervey

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:16:56 -0500
From: franka_at_dml_charter.net

At 06:58 PM 7/31/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi There
>
>I'm sure this problem has been dealt with many times, but if someone
>could point me to the relative thread I would much appreciate it.
>
>I think it may come under 'Hot Start' Problem. It goes something like
>this. When the car is cold it will start no problem, a little lumpy
>at first, but kicks in and runs fine. It'll drive fine. Stop and
>start relatively immediately and no problems either. Let it sit for
>20 -30 Minutes and try, it kicks in exceptionally briefly and stalls,
>and will then refuse to start for at least ten minutes ( like it is
>flooded). Can anyone point me in the right direction
>
>Thanks
>
>Nick

For me Nick, it was the fuel accumulator ... replacing it did the trick.  I
was having the same problem.  I could start the car and drive it but if I
turned it off it would not restart after it warmed up.   .... After it sat
for "quite a while" it would restart.

                         hope that helps ....

Frank Augustine
vin# 4181

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:17:26 -0400
From: "Jack Stiefel" <stiefel_at_dml_minalco.com>
Subject: I might be in trouble....

It is  abit late to call Rob Grady, so I decided to throw this out to the
list.  I haven't run my D for a few weeks due to a fundraiser I was having
at my home and the need to prepare for 150 people.  Today I had a cruise in
about an hour from home and decided to bring out the ol girl and have a
drive.  Well it ran fine until I got to my parents house.  I let it run a
bit while I talked to my father, and it overheated a bit.  Only a very
little bit came out before I shut down the engine and let it cool off.
After a bit, I started it up and it ran fine, but was a bit on the hot side
all the way to a stereo shop I had to stop at on the way to the show.  There
I let it cool off again and filled up the resevour -- it took quite a lot.

It ran just fine all the way to the cruise in and on the way home it got hot
a few times, but cooled off ok until about 15 min from home when it started
acting real funny.

1st off it would almost reach the 1st red hash mark on the temp gauge, then
the volts would drop to almost 8 or 9, then we heard a squeel from the
engine and the volts would come back up.  SOmetimes the temp went back down
and sometimes it didn't.

Well not wanting to let the temps get real high, I decided to run a bit,
then shut down the engine and coast.  We did this for about the last 3 miles
home.  I was then able to take a look at the engine.

Inside the compartment, there had been a leak somewhere of coolent, and a
sound emmenating from what seems like the middle of the engine, of sizzling
and puffing sounds.

I was thinking that maybe the water pump gave out, does seem logical??

Help!!! :)

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
'81 DeLorean Vin 03461 Aug.1981 NYS Lic:1981 DMC
'97 Red BMW Z3 Convertible 6 cyl, not the baby 4
'99 Ford Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition
'01 Black PT Cruiser Limited w/Flames
Visit us at www.sacketmansion.com