From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 655
Date: Saturday, August 04, 2001 12:56 AM

1. Re: SS Fascias and headlights
From: "skipper landry" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>

2. Re: anyone get theirs back from Colgan?
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: SS Fascias and headlights
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Re: Using LED panel lights
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net

6. "Family Guy" sighting
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

7. RE: Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

8. Delorean on TV
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

9. DeLorean Video Tape on Ebay...
From: "Matthew Sommer" <uncleump_at_dml_earthlink.net>

10. The Chat Room
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>

11. Fred Lockett follow-up
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>

12. Re: Using LED panel lights
From: "Jason Smith" <jake_at_dml_ragingbull.com>

13. Re: SS Fascias and headlights
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

14. Re: Re: anyone get theirs back from Colgan?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

15. Re: Re: SS Fascias and headlights
From: "skipper landry" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:23:11 -0500
From: "skipper landry" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>
Subject: Re: SS Fascias and headlights

actually i have thought much about it. idealy i'd like to make the fascias
true then alter the light mounting to accept anything close. i dont want to
get too wild with the facias themselves as many want them to be almost
exact. i, however will at least be adding fogs and possibly maxima head
lights.

did you have an idea?

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:20:44 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: anyone get theirs back from Colgan?

In a message dated 7/31/01 10:41:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
writes:

> Should be next week or so.

> Mine came today.       (8/1)

-Wayne

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale

--- DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com wrote:  --<SNIP>
 Perhaps after getting twin  turbos installed, the car
couldn't pass emissions testing, so  slapping a dealer
plate on it to avoid testing was the only way to  keep
it "leagaly" on the road.

 Just a thought...
- - - - - - - - - - -
Robert - as I am sure you know, the DMC version of the
PRV engine is exceptionally clean.  Not only that, but
a twin turbo'd DMC can easily pass emission testing in
most states.

Dick Ryan

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:31:54 -1000
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I put in updated "euro" lights in my car behind the stock fascias... Check
the Vault.

---Dan

Message: 25
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:50:22 -0000
From: delorean_pilot_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: SS Fascias and headlights

Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:38:00 -0000
From: jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net
Subject: Re: Using LED panel lights

Yesl, please upload some picks to the vault for everyone to see. Day
& night pictures.

If your not able to build units for everyone maybe you can be talked
into creating a step-by-step guide so we can build our own.

Jeremy

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Mark Hershey" <dmcinfo_at_dml_t...> wrote:
> Jason Smith asked..
>

> > how much for you to start building these [LED console assemblies]
for the
> group?
> >
> Oh, gosh, I wish I had time to work on anything Delorean
related....five

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:46:09 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>
Subject: "Family Guy" sighting

I hope someone else can confirm this, but wasn't that a DeLorean sitting
outside the bar in wednesday nights episode of Family Guy?  It was during
their flashback to 1984.

Okay, maybe I just think about my car too much.

payne

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:28:21 -0400
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

Is this Twin Turbo one of the well known kits?  Or some factory
prototype?

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:36:18 -0400
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: Delorean on TV

If you blinked, you missed it. On Family Guy (FOX, 9:30 EST) last night,
they were reminiscing about the past, and as they showed each decade, they
were in a different car. The car for 1984... A Delorean on course. I just
thought it was amusing that the car appeared in a cartoon.

PS. WATCH FAMILY GUY! I love that show!

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 9:49:48 -0400
From: "Matthew Sommer" <uncleump_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: DeLorean Video Tape on Ebay...

I saw this auction on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1451130131
RARE DELOREAN DOCUMENTARY/MOVIE - ONLY $29.95

Is this the same video tape that was being sold for $49.95 a few weeks ago?
Or am I missing something...is this a lesser version of the $49.95 video?
The price is so much lower, I'm wondering what (if any) the difference is.
I bought the $49.95 tape and wouldn't want to miss out on a variant tape.

Any help is appreciated.

Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:13:02 -0700
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>
Subject: The Chat Room

The current chat room will be open every Friday during the month of
August, 6:00pm Pacific time, at:

The concept is quite simple, get to know each other a little better,
learn a little more about the cars, talk about anything on your mind,
maybe something you want to know but don't really want to put out on the
list, etc.  Factor in some of the major players here and there, holding
court, much like Stephen Wynne when he opens his chat room.

First idea failed, it was to try out the concept before opening it up to
all.  First Friday there were 4 "volunteers" one showed, main topic was
where is everybody.  Second Friday, 6 "volunteers" no one showed (one
with an excuse).

A little like instant response e-mail, should work, but so far results
fall somewhere between poor and dismal.

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Fred Lockett follow-up

The last time I talked to Fred regarding some DeLorean items, he was kinda
'abrupt' when I asked him about them (DeLorean items) and did not want to
elaborate on DeLorean at all about 1 year ago.  Not sure what is wrong but
hope all is well with him...miss the old Fred.
Joe Fedeli

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:27:00 -0400
From: "Jason Smith" <jake_at_dml_ragingbull.com>

sure, pic's would be cool.

jake

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:06:56 -0000
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

It's great that people are coming up with alternatives/updates for
our D's but I question the necessity to have SS fascia made? You will
have no impact absorption at all and the littlest fender bender will
create more damage to the car than with the original flexible plastic
ones such as possible damage to the rear quarter panels and/or the
front fenders (and since the driver side fender is so rare and
expensive I wouldn't take that chance). The originals were designed
to absorb up to I believe a 30 MPH "bump" test. I doubt that the SS
ones will be able to withstand any MPH bump test without damaging the
quarter panels/fenders. It'll be the equivalent of driving a
Pinto...hoping you never get rear-ended (or hit from the front). If
you look at other car models made they all have a plastic front and
rear or (the old cars at least) some have some type of shock absorber
built into the bumpers.
Steve

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:21:23 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: anyone get theirs back from Colgan?

Mine came yesterday.

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:51:34 -0500
From: "skipper landry" <sk1pper_at_dml_intersurf.com>
Subject: Re: Re: SS Fascias and headlights

sorry, i must be a little slow today, where do i go to see your headlights?