From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 693
Date: Monday, September 03, 2001 5:09 AM

From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>

From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

From: Jim <starbuck_at_dml_gate.net>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

From: "Miller Vicky" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>

From: "Joshua Shain" <JoshyBallgame_at_dml_msn.com>

8. Re: strange idle
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

9. storage
From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 00:30:58 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_sybercom.net>
Subject: Re: rattle in the steering column

Sounds like the plastic bushing in the firewall, where the column goes
through, is worn out. Call your local DeLorean dealer for a replacement.

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 08:51:15 -0500
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Is the column tilt clamp tight?  It may have come
loose while you were working with the dash.

Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:29:56 -0700
From: Jim <starbuck_at_dml_gate.net>
Subject: weatherstrip

    My weather-stripping a long the side of my car is looking a little ratty. Does any one have a suggestion of a similar looking  replacement? A catalog or web link?

Jim

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:25:00 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: strange idle

David,

Part of all trouble shooting techniques includes substitution of questionable parts with known working replacements. Yes; if you can substitute an idle speed motor you will be able to eliminate that item as a cause of your problem.

DMC Joe
www.dmc.tv
"See You At The Cruise-In"

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 10:34:47 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: about ac vacuum system

The answer to your first question is: noticeable

The answer to your remaining question is: Refer to sections N:08:15 AND N:08:16 in the DeLorean Workshop Manual.

If your mode switch is the factory installed unit I would suggest you replace or rebuild it to correct a vacuum loss problem.

DMC Joe
www.dmc.tv
"See You At The Cruise-In"

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:36:7 -0400
From: "Miller Vicky" <delo1_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: WANTED : Grey door trim

Ian, please contact me privately..thanks

bob

delo1(AT)mindspring.com

Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:26:05 -0700
From: "Joshua Shain" <JoshyBallgame_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Advice

 To parties feeling a tad helpful,

  I am not a DeLorean owner yet, but I am looking into purchasing one. I was hoping some of you would be willing to give me some advice as to what to look for in a D.
 Since most of the people on this list don't care to have their mailboxes cluttered with stuff that isn't really relevant to them, please send replies to:

 joshyballgame(AT)msn.com

 Thank you for your time.

 Very Respectfully,
 Joshua

Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 20:15:46 -0000
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

I could be wrong on this, but I think it's the 740 that is the match
for the DeLorean Idle Speed Motor. The 760 uses a different type of
motor. The 740 will not be easy to get to, as the ISM is located
under the intake manifold. Don't even bother looking at the 260 for a
match. It uses an entirely different type of regulator to control the
idle with isn't compatable either.

Take if from me as someone who went thru simular problems with the
Idle Speed Circuit, don't start replacing things untill you've
checked the wiring and all connections. Here is the quick, easy way
to do it.

Use a voltmeter to check every thing. It should be 11-12 volts with
the key in the "ON" postion, and the engine off. Connect the main
feed for the Idle Speed ECU to the ground to check for proper
voltage. Using the powerfeed, you can then connect to the wire for
the Microswitch to verify it is fuctioning properly. To check the
wires for the ISM, insert a jumper into the plug, and ground it to
the engine block. The just connect the feed for the ECU to the wires
individually to check (using a voltmeter in every instance here to
check). By doing this, you will save yourself both headache, and
money. I ended up spending unessisary amounts of cash on both a new
ISM, and an ECU. Turned out the culprit was a simple wire. 1 bypass,
and the problem was fixed!

Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 20:03:34 -0700
From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: storage

Group:

Storage questions:  My car is going to stored starting in about 3 weeks and
will not be moved or run for 12-14 months.  I am going to run the gas low
and put stabilizer in any remaining.  I will also block it up so tires do
not get flat spots.  Battery will be removed.  Car will be covered and kept
in a garage ( not heated ) in Ohio (long cold winters).  Will it be
necessary to fog the cylinders before this storage?  I have also heard that
it should be blocked by the suspension and not the frame - so the suspension
keeps tension on it and is not just hanging.  Also, oil has less than 2000
miles on it and is synthetic.  Does this need be changed before storage?
What else must I do?
Thanks for your help
Brian 16584