From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 707
Date: Sunday, September 16, 2001 9:04 AM

1. Re: my roof cage is rusting!
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

2. vin plate
From: "evan" <autotec_at_dml_ozemail.com.au>

3. Minnesota DMC Orchard Day ...
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_pclink.com>

4. Re: temp gauge wiring
From: "William Bladorn" <bigsamifan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net

6. Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. EVO Magazine - Giorgetto Giugiaro
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

8. Re: Flux Capacitor WAS:Insurance Costs in Colorado
From: ultra_at_dml_isd.net

9. Re: Insurance Costs (was in Colorado)
From: Trevor Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>

10. Guiguiaro Concept CAr
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

11. Re: Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension
From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com

12. Interesting eBay item
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

13. Re: Re: Mid States Suspension set up.
From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

15. Re: EVO Magazine - Giorgetto Giugiaro
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:22:29 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: my roof cage is rusting!

Mark,

When restoring the 97 DeLorean, we also noticed that this panel had
delaminated from the original fiberglass. It also had some rust, but not as
bad as you describe.  In addition, to re epoxy gluing this to the
fiberglass, we installed to 3/8 bolts through the plate to new plates below
(after removing the headliner. ) This significantly improved the strength
and longevity of the design.

Bob Brandys

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:12:41 +1000
From: "evan" <autotec_at_dml_ozemail.com.au>
Subject: vin plate

Thanks for your responses, it would appear I may be mistaken. On my chassis was a plate that I think was on the passengers side rear of the frame it had the remains of some numbers on it so I assumed it was the vin plate. from the replies to my original question it would seem the only places the vin number should be is on the inside of the drivers door & the one on the dash panel. If someone could confirm this then I will stop my quest immediatley.
 I would be interested to know what this plate i'm trying to reconstruct actually was.
thanks again, Evan from Oz.

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:38:51 -0500
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_pclink.com>
Subject: Minnesota DMC Orchard Day ...

If you are wondering about if the Minnesota (and anyone else that is
interested in joining) Delorean Orchard Day is still on for Sunday the
answer is, ABSOLUTELY YES we are still meeting!

Plan on arriving around noon.  Contact Jim Reeve if you want to join the
caravan from Minneapolis.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday and I believe that there will be at
least one car that is not on any of the Delorean mailing lists.  We'll also
have cars that are for sale if anyone knows of someone that is interested.

Directions to the orchard and other orchard info is available at
www.deerlakeorchard.com. Our new orchard hosts are Charlie and Carroll
Ossell.  They are very nice people and make sure you say hello.

Take care,

Nick

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:31:56 -0500
From: "William Bladorn" <bigsamifan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: temp gauge wiring

Andy,

No, you would not have any probs running a wire from the sending unit to the
steering column.  However, all you probably need to replace is where the
wire goes from the 'electrical bundle' that is located on the passenger side
engine compartment.  I would try that first.  I doubt that there is anything
wrong with the wiring between the column and the relay compartment.

Hope this helps,

Duke
www.geocities.com/at88mph_1999

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:51:09 -0000
From: jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net
Subject: Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension

My recomendation is not one vender's product over another. I think
since you are a new owner and have not driven the car much, you
wouldn't notice the difference between the choices but worst of all
you couldn't notice the improvement! You should drive the car for a
while and get used to it in it's present form so you can appreciate
any changes you make to the car. In the meantime you will no doubt
find many other areas of the car that will need work and some are much
more important. Save your time and money to make the car more reliable
so that you will later enjoy the upgrades to the suspension. Even with
the stock suspension, old though it may be, a Delorean is still fun to
drive! BTW I'M BACKKKKKK! My service provider managed a minor miracle
getting into their equipment in the Wall Street area and getting it
going. Even though I am in New Jersey all along the river in the
aftermath of the tragedy many of the roads, telephone service,
television, radio, and other services have been affected. Unfortunatly
"ground zero" was also the nexus of most of the communication services
for the entire region from phones to the TV tower antennaes.

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:13:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

There is another alternative you may wish to consider,
especially if expense is a high priority.

Get the PJ Grady front springs and use the shocks from
the Midstate Delorean Club.  Now you have a "lowered
to stock" front end, a very nice ride and an
adjustable collar on the rear shocks to facilitate
lowereing the rear if you want.

I have put thousands of miles on this set-up and no of
others who have, as well.  I love mine and have heard
no complaint from the others.

Save a couple of hundred dollar bills for something
else you want to do to your car.

Oh, and I would personally not use 20 year old
original shocks on the car even if they are "new".
Shock technology has changed dramatically since the
early 80's.

Dick Ryan

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:20:27 -0400
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: EVO Magazine - Giorgetto Giugiaro

In the July 2001 issue of the European Magazine EVO there is a real nice
article on Giugiaro and his son Fabrizio.  It centers around the
Giugiaro Aston MArtin Twenty Twenty.  It also shows some Giugiaro
concept cars including one with Gull-Wing style windows.

I'm not sure where you can buy this mag, I found it on the magazine rack
at my companies breakroom.

Tom
#005732  MT

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:47:31 -0000
From: ultra_at_dml_isd.net
Subject: Re: Flux Capacitor WAS:Insurance Costs in Colorado

I've been wanting to make a flux capacitor all year.  I too am
inundated with countless questions asking "where is your flux
capacitor?"  I'll probably get enough time to do it this winter, but
if anyone else is gonna make one before then, I would be interested in
seeing the results.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:42:39 -0700
From: Trevor Johnson <comet4055_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance Costs (was in Colorado)

At the risk of this being another me too response, I have AAA, which only
runs $460 a year, with a $500 deductible, this is for compete coverage
for the car. We have Hagarty on the other car and that is about the same
cost, with no deductible, but AAA lets me use this car for anything, I
can commute in it, park it in a parking lot etc.

Also Mark, I am with the help of another DeLorean owner in my area
putting together a flux capacitor, I would be happy to let you know what
is in it, please reply off list.

Trevor Johnson
DMC's # 4055 and 6974
www.deloreancars.homestead.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:47:06 -0400
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: Guiguiaro Concept CAr

I've added a picture of the concept car to the files.  Check it out.
This is in the July edition of EVO magazine

Tom

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:12:29 EDT
From: tonilfhs98_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension

Two weeks ago I replaced my 20 year old shocks with the new Marty Maier
(Mid-state Delorean Club) setup at our DeLorean Midwest Connection Fall
workshop.  It is a vast improvement over the old shocks.  I replaced them not
because of failure of the old shocks but to improve the ride and am I glad I
did.  I highly recommend it.
Also thanks to Marty Maier for helping with the replacement.
Bill Kwan  VIN# 2157

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:25:36 -0000
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Interesting eBay item

Check out this newspaper article on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1005657374

Item Description:

THIS IS THE FRONT PAGE & PAGE 27 OF THE HOUSTON POST FROM
OCT.24,1982. "FINANCIER SAYS $200 MILLION LOAN APPROVED ON DAY
DELOREAN JAILED." THE STORY STATES THAT LARRY WATTS, PRESIDENT OF
MIDWEST FUNDING AND DEVELOPMENT CALLED DELOREANS OFFICE TWICE ON
TUESDAY AND WAS TOLD HE WAS IN ROUTE TO CALIFORNIA AND THEY WOULD
HAVE HIM RETURN THE CALL. THE NEXT THING THEY HEARD WAS HE WAS
ARRESTED. THE LOAN WAS 100% APPROVED.

Any thoughts?

John Yeoman

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:43:52 EDT
From: billschaferabn_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Mid States Suspension set up.

About a year ago I put in the Mid-State/Marty Mier suspension set up.  The
stiff rough normal "D" ride was replaced by a much softer/less harsh ride and
the comfort level improved 100%. It was like like going from a VW Rabbit ride
to a BMW type feel. That change was very amazing. I would highly recommend
this set up.

Bill

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:57:53 -0000
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

I keep reading about the DMC Houston spring & shock upgrade.
I knew DMC Houston was selling a set of 4 lowering springs for $550
but I was not aware they were selling improved shocks.  I looked
on their website, but I could not find anything about them.  How much
are they?

John Yeoman

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:09:55 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: EVO Magazine - Giorgetto Giugiaro

Available in any high street newsagent over here. I suggest www.whsmith.co.uk
if you're keen to lay your hands on a copy

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.asp?ISBN=14642780&DB=214

Martin
#1458 - DOC UK