From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 709
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 1:04 PM

1. New Enthusiast
From: flacahernandez_at_dml_hotmail.com

2. Fwd: DeLorean related event
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: What ever happend to...
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

4. Minnesota Fall Orchard Run
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_pclink.com>

5. Euro Show and Red Cross
From: lovdmc12_at_dml_aol.com

6. Sunstar Models Revised Shipping Dates
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. More on Hagerty
From: graves_14_at_dml_hotmail.com

8. Re: badge
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. NCDMC Event this weekend
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

10. Your Insurance is WHAT?!?!
From: Vin 15596 <DecaturDeLorean_at_dml_delorean.com>

11. Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. Owners in Idaho?
From: "Blake Grover" <blakeistheman_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. SEDOC Cruise-In report
From: "Brian Henderlong" <bhender1_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>

14. SEDOC (Broken Red DeLorean)
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

15. Spare tire Question/Idea.
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

16. Re: badge
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:26:07 -0000
From: flacahernandez_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: New Enthusiast

Hello to all!

             I am new to this group, and am a serious Delorean
enthusiast.  My goal for the near future is to own one, and in
looking for information about these cars, I found the website which
had information about the event on Long Island.  I live in Long
Island, and would like to know if this is open to everyone.  I would
really enjoy attending or at least just going to the starting place
to see a car in person.  I have never seen one yet.  So if you can
let me know how to learn more about the car, I would appreciate it
very much.  I was looking for a repair book for the Delorean when I
came across the website that had the info about this meet.  Can
anyone tell me where I can find it?

                                       Thank You,

                                           Derek

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:08:51 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Fwd: DeLorean related event

I received this message from Stephen Clark who will be in Memphis next year
to give a talk on BTTF and the DeLorean thought i'd pass it on

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 01:42:27 EDT
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: What ever happend to...

Well.... as far as I know BIll Collins is still alive, or at least he was a
year or so ago.  A fellow DML member was meeting with him from time to time.
William Haddad was also alive as of summer 1999.... Haddad was a *very* close
friend of the Kennedy family, and I remember seeing him on CNN when JFK jr.
passed away in his accident. Sadly though Thomas Kimmerly passed away a few
years ago in Detroit. I actually had a chance to pay my respects.

Justin

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:13:55 -0500
From: "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_pclink.com>
Subject: Minnesota Fall Orchard Run

Sunday was the second annual Minnesota Fall Orchard Run.  We had a great
day, we had quite a few more cars this year, and we met a lot of owners and
enthusiasts.

One thing worth mentioning is that we had in attendance 3 owners that were
not aware of this news group nor of other internet information sources.  I
encourage having local informal get togethers as a method of finding some of
the "lost" Deloreans out there, a membership drive as such.  Note that it
takes more than one year to start getting some of the unknown owner's
attention.  In our case, friends and relatives of the lost owners were
instrumental in communicating this year's event.

For those interested in putting something together, the event does not need
to elaborate.  We simply get together at a local apple orchard for fun,
conversation, a chance to meet faces associated with email addresses and
dinner afterwards for those interested.  As the word spreads we hope to grow
our attendance until all cars in the area are accounted for.

See you at the orchard next year.  Same time, same place.

Nick Kemp

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:00:46 EDT
From: lovdmc12_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Euro Show and Red Cross

I want to take a moment to remind all of you about the car show to be held
Ocotber 20 at the BMW factory in SC.  Not only will this be a good
opportunity to show off our cars and meet other owners, but it will be a good
chance to help our fellow Americans.  All of the proceeds from the
registration fees is donated to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
I urge all of you who can make it to preregister and come out.  You'll have a
good time and be helping our fellow countrymen as well in the wake of the
attacks on our nation.

Check out their website at   www.euroautofestival.com

Brian

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:58:06 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Sunstar Models Revised Shipping Dates

Just spoke with the Managing Director of Sunstar on the DeLorean models.
Revised ship date for the stock DeLorean models is the first week of
November, 2001. BTTF version thirty days later. I understood him to say that
they are modifying the stock DeLorean tooling to make the BTTF models, which
may indicate that the initial run of stock DeLorean model may be all that we
see for some time.

We have received over 400 orders as of this date...ordering info can be
found here - http://www.delorean.com/models.asp

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:42:32 -0000
From: graves_14_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: More on Hagerty

See below. I currently have them in MA, so I don't know what this
means!? I really gotta get moving to Maine to get away from this
Massachusetts BS!

 IMPORTANT NOTE: Hagerty is not yet able to sell insurance in the
following states:
Alaska
Hawaii
Massachusetts
Maine
South Carolina

Attention MA collectors: at this time we are facing a few MA state
insurance compliance issues that must be resolved before we can offer
our product to you. We are very sorry for any inconvenience the
Boston Globe article about Hagerty may have caused. We will post a
notice as soon as we are available in MA.

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: badge

The "badge" giving design credit to ItalDesign was
available from the DeLorean Motor Center.  Others may
have (had) it as well.  It was a "stick-on" non-stock
item that many found attractive.

Dick Ryan

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:08:09 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: NCDMC Event this weekend

DeLorean Motor Company will be attending the Northern California DeLorean
event this weekend in San Ramon - if any of the other attendees have any
special parts requests, please let us know asap and we may be able to
arrange to bring them for you!

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vin 15596 <DecaturDeLorean_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Your Insurance is WHAT?!?!

I know this thread comes up every month or so, but my jaw just drops every time I hear what others are paying for insurance.

Some pay $500 every SIX months?

I wish I were you!

I am paying, hold your laughter, $158 EVERY MONTH!
I have Progressive, and the only thing Progressing
are the rates!  It is full coverage and it is an
agreed value of 25k.

I have tried Hagerty, Grundy, LeLand-West, etc.

The problem is that the DMC is my ONLY car.
I have nothing else.

I have thought about buying a junker just so I can
get the incredibly low rates that the above companies
sell.

Ugh.

If anyone has any advice, please email me privately
or to the list if you think it will help others.

Until then...

Here's another 158 bucks sucked down the drain this month!!

sigh...

C. Knight
# 15596
# 1328 <--- former

Visit the De Lorean Motor Company web site at http://www.delorean.com to order your 1/18 scale diecast DeLorean model! Initial supplies limited so order soon!

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:51:20 -1000
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension

I'll be getting my custom shocks from PJ Grady soon. I hear that the ride
improvement is phenominal. One of the Mid-Atlantic officers put them in his
car, and he swears by them.

One thing I like about them is that they are fully adjustable and
rebuildable. I can have them set for a luxurious or a sporty ride. I prefer
a more sporty ride, so there will be more nitrogen pressure in my shocks
than someone who wants a more smooth, Cadillac-style ride. PJ Grady sets
them to what ride you want before they ship them. And if you want to change
the ride settings after you have them installed, you can bring your car to a
shop who can handle this and they can easily adjust them to your
specifications.

---Dan

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:40:10 -0000
From: mark_at_dml_wizwarecomputers.com
Subject: PJ Grady suspension vs. USA DMC suspension

I would like to greatly improve my handling as well as lower the car
(to make it look 'natural').

I am having a difficult time deciding which setup to go with.

I have 4 brand new original shocks (Girling Decarbon?) sitting in a
box I got with the car.

What should I do?

The PJ Grady front springs along with my new shocks?
The entire PJ Grady setup?
The 4 DMC springs along with my new shocks?
The entire DMC shock/spring suspension upgrade? (I can't afford this
one!)

Has anyone had the ability to try more than one of these setups and
can tell me what differences they found between them?

From reading dmcnews, I have definitely decided not to cut & swap.

Thank you very much for any help!

A 4-day old VERY happy new owner!

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:24:06 -0000
From: "Blake Grover" <blakeistheman_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Owners in Idaho?

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: A good way to find fellow owners in your area is through the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) available on the DMCNews web site.]

Hey,
  I was wondering if there was any delorean owners in Idaho, because
I've seen one in Idaho Falls, and would like to get in contact with
someone close by. If you do live in Idaho email me at
blakeistheman(AT)hotmail.com.

Thanks
Blake

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:08:41 -0400
From: "Brian Henderlong" <bhender1_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: SEDOC Cruise-In report

Hi, all --

A big thanks to Tom Long and the members of SEDOC, as well as to Stephen Wynne, John Hervey, "DMC Joe" Lore, Bob Zilla, Rob Grady, and Aldo Buono for making this past weekend's gathering in Gainesville, GA a fun and memorable one!

My friend Joel Reid and I drove up on Friday through Tropical Storm Gabrielle to get to the event, and it was well worth the harrowing drive!  Although Joel is not a DMC enthusiast, he had a great time meeting everyone and checking out all the cars, as did I.  Special thanks to Stephen Wynne for allowing me a "test-ride" in the DeLorean that was equipped with the high-performance engine!

Both of us won prizes in the raffle; Joel won a pair of stainless steel door sill inserts from Rob Grady, and I won a tool kit from Bob Zilla... and since Joel needed a tool kit, and I wanted the door inserts, we traded prizes!

I took several good photos of Rob Grady's green DeLorean and a red DeLorean that was in attendance (sorry, can't remember whose car it was!), so I'll be updating my "Painted DeLoreans" website with those soon.  Thanks again to everyone for such a good time!

- Brian Henderlong / Tampa, FL
- http://home.tampabay.rr.com/deloreans/index.htm

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:17:35 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: SEDOC (Broken Red DeLorean)

I just wanted to thank Rob Grady, John Hervey and Joe Lo Re for all of their
help at the SEDOC Cruise-In last week. My D developed some serious starting
problems due to a bad wiring nightmare. Rob, John and Joe came to my need and
got my car running again so that I could drive home to Knoxville from
Atlanta. Thanks again, you guys can be assured that I will be calling on you
when I sort this problem out once and for all.

John Weaver
ETDOC
DMC #10527

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:44:08 -0000
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com
Subject: Spare tire Question/Idea.

Ok, here's a question that I have, that I've never seen on the DML
before. My spare tire is unable to hold air, so I can't really use it
in an emergency. I'm also not too keen on carrying a can of fix-a-
flat around since it gets way too hot in the summer time. So, here's
my question. Can I use the tire sealant on my spare tire to keep air
in, and be able to use my tire? Is there a danger of any kind since
the rubber is so old? If nothing else, is it possible to buy a new
spare tire? Obviously a differant size, I've seen that the Goodyear
temporary spare on the Jeep Wrangler has to exact same tread pattern.
So I know that Goodyear still makes spares.

Any thoughts?

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:18:15 EDT
From: senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

In a message dated 09/17/2001 11:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< Subj:     Re: [DML] badge
 Date:  09/17/2001 11:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com (Dick Ryan)
 To:    dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

 The "badge" giving design credit to ItalDesign was
 available from the DeLorean Motor Center.  Others may
 have (had) it as well.  It was a "stick-on" non-stock
 item that many found attractive.

You can get them from the Maserati club.

Michael