From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 733
Date: Monday, October 08, 2001 3:28 AM

1. DeLorean Holiday Cards Once Again Available
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

2. Re: update on speedo noise
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

3. RE: DeLorean Holiday Cards
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

4. Re: Antenna problem
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>

5. How to add a fuel pressure monitor
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>

6. any NJ DMC owners?
From: "dan g." <copper_trace_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. DeLorean Car Show & Dent
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: update on speedo noise
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

9. Re: instrument cluster lights - help!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: update on speedo noise
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

11. Re: DeLorean Holiday Cards
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

12. Like new dealer parts discovered!
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fisherdesign.com>

13. Re: update on speedo noise
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

14. Re: How to add a fuel pressure monitor
From: "Walter" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

15. Re: Re: Problem closing door (warped???)
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

16. Flunk inspection/took my steering rack apart
From: johndmc57_at_dml_yahoo.com

17. Re: Flunk inspection/took my steering rack apart
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

18. Re: update on speedo noise
From: theshovel1224_at_dml_yahoo.com

19. RE: Re: Problem closing door (warped???)
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

20. Re: convex side mirrors on eBay
From: "Andrei Cular" <acular1_at_dml_tampabay.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 08:55:24 -0500
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: DeLorean Holiday Cards Once Again Available

For information go to http://www.dmcnews.com and follow the link in the middle of
the page. This may be the last time, I'm getting tired of dealing with it.
Quantity discount available. Great for your club door prizes!

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 13:46:33 -0500
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: update on speedo noise

I can't remove my dustcap. It was kind of like glued around the cap, but
I've broken that loose but it still won't pop out. Is it suppossed to be
that tight?

Also, I bought a quart of gear oil (85w/140) and a needle for my grease gun.
Which is better for the angle drive, heavy gear oil (is that heavy enough?)
or regular grease injected via needle & gun?

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 11:30:23 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: DeLorean Holiday Cards

When these cards were first offered, I bought several sets.  The people that
I sent them to enjoyed the novelty of them and I received many positive
comments back.

Dave didn't mention this, but you buying these cards helps offset the cost
of providing the DeLorean Mailing List.

I know that I am able to get a lot of help and money saving suggestions from
the list.  I also enjoy meeting with the other owners when I participate in
the shows.  If you think about it, the most successful shows are the ones
organized via this mailing list, Ken M. show in California, and Ken K's.
shows in Ohio.

So Buy DeLorean Christmas cards.

OK, I'm getting down from my soap box.

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:54:52 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>
Subject: Re: Antenna problem

This is an easy repair.  You have to buy a new mast from Harada.
Details may be found in the archives:

http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/dml089903.html

  -Pete Lucas
   VIN #06703

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:01:42 -0400
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_imap.maya.com>
Subject: How to add a fuel pressure monitor

I have succeeded in adding a permanently-installed fuel-pressure
sending unit to my fuel system. Details may be found in the DMCNEWS
website tech section:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/fuelpressend.htm

Total cost is around $50.

Enjoy,

--Pete Lucas

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:27:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "dan g." <copper_trace_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: any NJ DMC owners?

I live in Manahawkin, NJ ... I don't have a
DeLorean...yet.

I was interested in meeting some local DMC owners or
talking to them on AIM or Yahoo and getting to know
more about the car, its idiosyncrasies and how to go
about making a wise purchase decision when I go to
finally buy one.

So far, of particular interest to me about these cars
is the reliability issue with the door openers and
window openers and the debate over actuators and
solenoids....also, the quality of the car's electrical
system (I do a lot of electrical work and I wondered
how much rebuilding and reinforcing I'll be doing),
the engine's weaknesses

I wondered about the electrical "strength" of the car.
I would like to know if one of the Optima batteries
will fit in the car? I know there is a alternator
upgrade. Is the ground for the engine and electrical
system the x-frame?

The other major concern of mine are the door
adjustments. I don't want to kill myself in the
process, and I'd like to look at some local cars to
see what's involved and what to "tweak" for.

Thanks for any and all help.

For the time being and continued future, I drive a 87
Buick Turbo Regal :) Wonder if I could get a DeLorean
to have the power capability to run 12s? ;)

=====
Dan G.
87 Turbo Regal
http://entremedia.iwarp.com

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 16:21:29 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Car Show & Dent

I just wanted to thank Ken Montgomery for a show well done in California.  It
was interesting especially comparing the beginnings and the ending of the
Briklin and DeLorean some similarities and a lot of differences There were
films on the Bricklin that were intetesting.  I had seen the DeLorean ones
before but the contrast was great.
It made it an interesting evening.
Great Show Ken

Now for the bad news
My concourse DeLorean and I took a ride to Autofest and it was at the event
James pointed out a big dent in none other than the left front fender.
this is the second such dent It has received.

Anyway it was about 8" long and while not very deep it was deep enough to be
noticable from every angle.

I will post pictures and a few step by step shots of it being pounded out and
repaired.  Actually it took longer to take the fender off (20 min) and back
on again (35 min) than it did to repair the dent (25 min)
though you all might be interested in seeing the work.

I do bodywork and have the tools so in no way am I advocating that anyone can
just repair a fender but it was cheaper than the $685 to repair it
professionally.
My pictures will be developed by mid week and I need to scan it in so maybe
by next weekend

Ken